VW AFGVW R2 M2 – Da Blood Clan vs Rabid Fury - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

AFGVW R2 M2 – Da Blood Clan vs Rabid Fury

The Map: Axe Bite Pass

Top Deployment: Rabid Fury
    First Turn:
    Rabid Fury

Da blood clan

Lords and heroes

Orc warboss "Dark Lord of the Blood Clan"- armor of gork, martog’s best basha, umm’s bba, boar, shield, 242

Black orc bigboss "smilnik"-BSB, heavy armor, noggs banner of butchery, boar, 155

Night goblin shaman "kamykazee"- dispel scroll, brimstone bauble, chariot, 165
    Brain Bursta

Core

35 Orcs boyz- FC, shields, 240

19 Orc Big ‘unz, Musician, dual choppas, shields, BSB here, 233

30 night goblins- spears, 2 fanatics, musician, 174

25 night goblins- bows, musician, shaman here, 79

5 goblin wolf riders, spears, musician, 71

5 goblin wolf riders, spears, musician, 71

Special

10 squig hoppers, 150

20 black orcs-FC,shields, 318

2 spear chukkas, 70

Rare

3 trolls, warboss here 120

Doom diver, 80

Doom diver, 80

Total: 2248

Deployment: I'll put the goblins out frontin two ranks each, to screen the orc units and set up counter-charges for them. the orc unit and the BlOrcs will be behind the arrow goblins, 4" apart, while the trolls and big 'uns will be behind the smattering of spear goblins, again, 4" apart. Wolf riders will be on either side of the main blocks, one 5" to the right of the blorcs (who will be on the very far right of the main blocks), and the other on the other side of the blocks, again, 5" out from the end, so they can protect from flank charges from those dastardly alter-nobles and wild riders. The Squig hoppers deploy in front of the right wolf goblins, going forward and disrupting charge lines/pulling flank charges. The shaman will stay behind the main units until the late turns, to take advantage of the advantage equality in magic, and the spear chukkas will again stay behing everyone.

Tactics: The Alter-nobles and treemen will really be a problem for me, I'll try to trap the nobles inbetween units as they (presubably) race around and hit flanks, and take care of the trees with a combo of spear chukkas and troll/warboss unit. I'll take advantage of the lack of standards in the opponent's core units and wardancers in combat res. I'll try to take care of the wild riders through goblinoid/orcish tarpits and flank charging.

Rabid Fury

Hero

Alter Noble, Light Armour, Shield, Helm of the Hunt, Greatweapon, Hail of Doom Arrows 158

Alter Noble, Lightarmour, enchanted Shield, Great Weapon, Amber Pendent 151

Branchwraith - General, Level 1, Cluster of Radients, Annoyance of Netlings 165
    Treesing

Core

13 Dryads, Nymph 168
    12 Dryads 144
    12 Dryads 144

Special

10 Wardancers, muscian 187
    10 Wardancers, muscian 187
    6 Wildriders, musician, standard, warbanner 199
    6 Wildriders, musician, standard 174

Rare

Treeman 285
    Treeman 285

Deployment

The free trees will be deployed at the halfway mark in front of the hill on the O&G side. I figure he'll try to place a warmachine or two there, this should limit his line of sight. As most of my army is skirmishing and immune to psychology, I am not too worried.

I am going for a classic refused flank deployment. I will put my army on the legt hand side of the map (as you look at it) leaving the other half empty. This way the forest should play havoc with his units.

On the extreme left I will have the wildriders, the dryads and wardancers will be next with the treemen on the right most part of the formation. The treemen will move towards the enemy to force terror checks and the alters will back them up. The Hail of Doom Arrows will target the squig hoppers and hopefully wipe them out.

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; May 19th, 2009 at 10:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many Orcs and not enough Elves. The Treemen will be an annoyance, but I think the Orcs will eventually bring them down, too.

Orks for the win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rabid Fury

Nearly no combat res from WE but what's new...?
    Too many fear/terror causers for O&G to handle. The treeman are not going anywhere and will destroy anything that gets in their way.
    No magic happening either way.

Psych and Treemen win the day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Not an easy choice for this one. The Treemen are night unstoppable, but enough attacks and some warmachine action can take them down in six turns. However, that leaves room for the alter nobles and other units to do their thing. Terror should come into play given Orcs (and especially goblins) low leadership. Just keep away from those black orcs, and be mindful of the lord and trolls. Rabid Fury
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

O&G for the win. The WE list has only two models that aren't ItP. They can hit hard, but they can easily get pinned. There's nothing to redirect to allow for setting up charges. Other than hoping the treeman holds (on an while other units pile on in subsequent turns, I don't see enough strategic flexibility in the list.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I think that the combination effect of the war machines and the lack of enough combat potential is going to give the O&G the win here. Sure the Treeman pack one heck of a punch, but at least one is likely to be felled prior to combat, and there is just too many of da' boyz left!
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I think that the WE have a good plan and that extra forest will allow most of his army to get to at least the halfway mark before taking too much damage. That being said the O&G will also take very little damage as they move to the center. That should make for quite the large melee in the center of the field. I think that the O&G have enough units and static CR to take down the WE. With most of the army in close quarters the low leadership units will be able to test off the higher ones and that should keep enough units in combat to overwhelm the Elves. Victory to Da Blood Clan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O&g

despite the static cr i have to admit that psychology are a strong factor in this match as the elves are outnumbered... should the orcs not get shafted by thier leadership and squabbling, them being able to easily outnumber the branchbuddies prevents a few bad things from happening.
    My Soon2B DoC list below...Wip thread in the works
    http://tiny.cc/DoC2250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I can see the superior manoeuvrability and combat prowess of Rabid Fury carrying the day. Fear vs low Leadership will not end well, as we all know full well. Numbers won't mean so much when the huge units face up to 15 attacks, when only 6 wounds swings the combat. Additionally, the small number of large units will allow for the prospect of multi-charges. The shooting of the O&G will be minimised by range, the skirmish rule, the forest, and the ward saves of the WEs.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Vote for WE

Low greenskin leadership and treeman terror (+ dryad fear) will probably win this for the WE.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast