VW AFGVW R4 M6 – The Rose of the Blue Flame vs The Temple Guardians - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

AFGVW R4 M6 – The Rose of the Blue Flame vs The Temple Guardians

Top Deployment: The Temple Guardians
    First Turn: The Rose of the Blue Flame

The Temple Guardians

Slann Mage-Priest 435 points
    Power stone
    Staff of sorcery
    Jaguar standard
    Focus of mystery
    Focused Rumination
    Lore of Metal

Temple Guard x 14 284 points
    Revered Guardian
    Sword of the Hornet

Skink Priest 425 pointsAncient stegadon EOTG
    Plaque of Tepok
    Power stone
    Second Sign of Amul, Forked Lightning, Comet of Cassandora

Skink Priest 150 points
    Diadem of Power
    Dispel scroll
    Celestial Shield, Forked Lightning

Saurus Warriors x 16 222 points
    Full command
    Spears

Saurus Warriors x 16 222 points
    Full command
    Spears

Skink skirmishers x 10 76 points
    Brave

Skink skirmishers x 10 76 points
    Brave

Salamander x 2 160 points
    Extra handler x 2

Terradon Riders x 3 100 points
    Brave

Terradon Riders x 3 100 points
    Brave

Total = 2250 Points

Il Rosa di Azzurro Flamma, The Rose of the Blue Flame

Army List
    Huraca, Prince of the Blue Flame
    Daemon Prince of Tzeentch @ 555 Pts
    - Magic Level (x4)
    - Fury of the Blood God
    - Tendrils of Tzeentch
    Flickering Fire, Baleful Transmogrification, Pandaemonium, Treason of Tzeentch

Gehrulak Vilefire
    Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 175 Pts
    - Disc of Tzeentch
    - Dispel Scroll
    - Golden Eye of Tzeentch
    Flickering Fire

Kartillian Pyrefist
    Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 165 Pts
    - Disc of Tzeentch
    - Biting Blade
    - Armour of Morrslieb
    Flickering Fire

The Embertouched Hounds
    4 x 5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts (120 Pts)

Riders of the Blue Flame
    3 x 5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 105 Pts (315 Pts)
    - Flails

The Order of the Blue Inferno
    4 x 5 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 230 Pts (920 Pts)

Total Roster Cost: 2250
    PD: 8
    DD: 6
    Models: 60
    Placements: 12

-AFG//

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; June 2nd, 2009 at 21:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Three blocks of lizzies, an ancient stegadon, lots of magic. I don't see magic going either way, especially without gateway in play, and I don't see the chaos knights getting past static combat resolution and cold-blooded.

Lizardmen.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

I hate voting against this WoC list, because I really like it.. however, I have to agree that what Dave says seems totally valid to me. Lizards for the win.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I just dont see enough in the chaos army to break through pretty much the solidest infantry line possible. magic will be general impasse. two units of terradons will help drag knights around the table as well. Lizards.
    ( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

I don't think the WoC will need to break the LM line straight away since they will just plough through them with such a high number of attacks. The WoC have enough dogs to keep the skinks busy while the rest of their army gets to work with the LM. When comparing the LM support units (skinks, terradons and salamanders) with the WoC (warhounds, maruaders, sorcerers and deamon prince) and the fact WoC have first turn means the Knights should get to the LM with little hassle. I expect the LM would bunker up in which case the Knights will make their way to the saurus and will not be likely to take casualties. The stegadon could be a problem since I suspect it will sit behind the LM line but being a large target the Deamon Prince could charge over the saurus early to take out the priest and engine and eventually the stegadon itself. Even if this doesn't happen the deamon prince is still a big threat in both magic and combat especially since there is no becalming cogitation. The way I see it is the LM have to defend but are not geared to against these WoC well enough, they could have a very effective magic phase and win but they are just as likely to have a horrid one with possible miscasts so I have to vote WoC.
    Last edited by no1cafc; June 3rd, 2009 at 01:52.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I think that the
    • Superior magic (11 PD + free Slann dice)
    • The fact that the Khorne are all frenzied (it doesn't matter if their LoS is screened, a unit of terradons into a knight units rear and the knight unit will win and overrun backwards).
    • The abundance of Lizardmen redirectors
    • The fact that if the Lizardmen deploy in a refused flank in the top left then the WoC will have nowhere to deploy
    Gives the Lizardmen the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The Rose of the Blue Flame will win the match, since those Knights will just rip through anything they come across, no matter if they break the Saurus on the charge or not, and the Marauder Horsemen will be able to as a powerful suicide unit, or just cheap knights (if they get a charge on the EotG, the skink is dead).

There are just too many fast units that pack a real punch, which will lead to a slew of high VPs for the WoC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    • The fact that the Khorne are all frenzied (it doesn't matter if their LoS is screened, a unit of terradons into a knight units rear and the knight unit will win and overrun backwards).
    If Terradons charge knights in the rear, the knights might pursue, assuming any of the birds live, but they won't have to overrun as they didn't charge, right?

To the original point, sheer attacks aren't enough IMO. I've seen armies like this played, and in very competent hands, and they look a lot better on paper than they play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWC09 View Post
    To the original point, sheer attacks aren't enough IMO. I've seen armies like this played, and in very competent hands, and they look a lot better on paper than they play.
    I think that few people are looking at the list in enough depth. There is more to the list than attacks...

The three flying units, none of them being frenzied, are very capable of impacting games. The Demon Prince has a good combat punch as well, but none of them require using sheer number of attacks to impact a game...
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Esco Thomson View Post
    I think that few people are looking at the list in enough depth. There is more to the list than attacks...

The three flying units, none of them being frenzied, are very capable of impacting games. The Demon Prince has a good combat punch as well, but none of them require using sheer number of attacks to impact a game...
    Well, that's one opinion about others' opinions, something to which we are all entitled. How cursory or thorough an examination one makes, who's to know? Even more, I doubt people are going to spend an extensive amount of time performing in depth analyses of lists; what's more, to expect that of people seems unreasonable IMO, though anyone who wants to do so is certainly free to compute away. But to assume that people who reach a certain conclusion haven't properly considered a list is, to me, shortsighted. In addition, didn't the first five voting posts address magic in addition to combat?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast