VW AFGVW R5 M1 – Kazzad Dolvir vs The Guardians of Chanco Sardo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

AFGVW R5 M1 – Kazzad Dolvir vs The Guardians of Chanco Sardo

The Map: Woodland Ambush

Top Deployment: Kazzad Dolvir
    First Turn: Kazzad Dolvir

The Guardians of Chanco Sardo:

Slann - 395
    - focussed rumination and focus of mystery
    - Battle standard bearer
    - cupped hands of the old ones
    Lore of Metal

Skink priest - 405
    - level 2
    - Ancient stegadon with engine of the gods
    - plaque of tepok
    Portent of Far, Celestial Shield, Forked Lightning

Skink priest - 415
    - level 2
    - Ancient stegadon with engine of the gods
    - dispel scroll
    Second Sign of Amul, Forked Lightning, Uranon's Thunderbolt

Scar veteran - 121
    - great weapon
    - charm of the jaguar warrior
    - light armour

18 Saurus warriors - 234
    - spears
    - banner, musician

10 skink skirmishers - xxx

10 skink skirmishers - xxx

16 saurus temple guard - 302
    - war banner
    - banner, musician

3 terradons - xxx

2 salamanders - xxx

Total - 2248
    Power dice - 12 (plus focused rumination, so potential 6, but more likely 2,3 or 4.)
    Dispel dice - 8 + 1 scroll

Tactics+deployment:
    Someones O has got to go! Should be good this match.
    Deployment is a little difficult as im not totally sure where the dwarves would go, but i reckon they'd most likely go top right, as i'd have that little bit further to travel. I'd thus deploy with temple guard and saurus to the right of centre, with the stegadons to the right of them. The skinks would deploy as screens for the two blocks. The salamanders to the right of the stegadons, in the woods. The terradons would deploy opposite the gyrocopter wherever it be.

All units will advance forwards as fast as possible. Once in close the stegadons will charge in a pair to overwhelm any dwarf infantry unit with 2d6+2 impact hits + a gaggle of other attacks and causing terror with unit strength 20. The engines of the gods will be used to a give a 5+ ward net and easier casting to either skinks or slann depending on spells. I have a healthy magical advantage. In the opening turns this will be used to stop and take out warmachines through the bound steed of shadows and commandment of brass and to shoot down the gyrocopter before it can stop me from marching with distiallation of molten silver and hopefully skink magical missiles. Once the gyro is down magical fire would be redirected towards remaining warmachines. Once fairly close in spirit of the forge on the ironbreakers should work nicely. The salamanders should have a good time shooting at the tightly knit dwarf army. The terradons will back up the magical attack on the gyro, once dispatched they'll go to drop rocks on warmachines of oppurtunity.
    Overall, I reckon i can take this. Sure the anvil will be a massive pain, but i reckon i can reduce the effectiveness of the rest of the dwarf force by targeting the gyro and warmachines and take them out.

Should be good this. Good luck Oppo and cheers for voting.

Kazzad Dolvir

Rune lord
    Anvil of doom
    shield
    Rune of stone
    Rune of the furnace
    Rune of resistance
    Master rune of balance
    2X rune of spell breaking
    453 points

Thane
    Battle standard
    Master rune of gromril
    Rune of striking
    125 points

Thane
    Master rune of swiftness
    Rune of cleaving
    Rune of fury
    Rune of stone
    Shield
    142 points

Core

Dwarf warriors [20]
    Full command
    Shields
    205 points

Long beards [19]
    Full command
    Shields
    Master rune of grungi
    303 points

Quarrellers [10]
    musican
    shields
    125 points

Special

Iron breakers [19]
    Full command
    Rune of courage
    Rune of sanctuary
    332 points

Bolt thrower
    Rune of penetrating
    Engineer
    85 points

Bolt thrower
    Rune of penetrating
    Rune of burning
    Engineer
    90 points

Stone thrower
    Rune of penetrating
    Rune of accuracy
    130 points

Organ gun

Gyrocopter

-AFG//

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hmm. This could be a good old fashioned slog it out duel in the centre, that is if the Dwarves were actually going to move. As there are no tactics from our Bearded friend, I will go with what I think he would do, and what I know the lizzies will do, (although I freely admit I could be wrong).

With the dwarves having the first turn, I can see them staying put in there lines, using the anvil first turn to cripple the terradons, therefore forcing them down to a crawl, and probably killing one of them. This will stop them taking out the warmachines I will wager.

The Lizzies have good close combat units, and if they do joining charges they could break the dwarf line, but I think that this dwarf army has enough shooting to eliminate at least one of the stegs (if slowed down), and maybe seriously damage a saurus unit. The magical advantage will not make up for this.

I see a Dwarven win

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

If those Steggies get shot out (by, say, the BTs or GT doing D6 wounds each at a high strength). I really don't see any hope for the saurus to beat the Dwarf infantry.

In fact, if even one is shot down, the survivor should struggle in combat against a full unit of infantry. Also, I don't think the magic phase will be as spectacular as it's predicted to be, as a well planned defence (stopping two-three powerful spells, for example) will blunt the edge of it pretty significantly, leaving the weaker spells to do their thing, but I can't see it swinging combat.

Kazzad Dolvir for the win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Many times when it comes to Dwarves, the first turn is really key. This one can go either way as neither agic nor warmachines always go the way you want. However, with the first turn, shooting should create a big dent in those lizardman units, and the lizards can afford fewer losses from their 'hammer' units than the dwarves can. I think the gyro will be annoying, but focusing all of one's magic on it as opposed to the real threats, the flying contraption has already succeeded before it takes the field of battle. Kazzad Dolvir.... barely.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Dawi

Dwarfs can win. War machines will make a serious dent in things before 5+ ward saves start being thrown about. The ancient stegadons are quite vulnerable this game and the ranked lizzies will be outclassed.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Dwarves

Between the Gyrocopter and the Anvil, the Lizards aren't going to be moving as fast as they might otherwise, this will make sure that the the Dwarves get full value out of their war machines.

If the Dwarves had to fight it out with both Stegadons + the Lizard infantry, I'd be betting against them, but the Bolt Throwers and the Stone Thrower will probably account for at least one of the giant dinos before it comes to that, which leaves the Lizards to face the Ironbreakers with their own infantry, who are good, but just not up to the task.

Lore of Metal was a good choice for the Lizards, but the Dwarves are well equipped to resist and although they'll take some damage, they'll still be ahead in the end.

Dwarves for the win!
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

First turn is pretty big in this battle. If the lizads had had it i would definitely voted for them, but the extra turn of shooting helps the dwarves take down the one stegadon, that should give them the edge when things get close in.
    ( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Kazzad Dolvir wins 6-0.

Thanks to all those who voted - your contributions have been appreciated. Stay tuned for details of the next round, they will be up shortly.

Closed Thread