VW VW Round 1, Match 7 - -The-White-Lizard- vs. Esco Thomson - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 1, Match 7 - -The-White-Lizard- vs. Esco Thomson

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1244969818

Esco Thomson (Army 1):

Grey Seer - 540 (General) SPELLS: (RUIN) 2, 3, 4, and 13th spell
    . . . . Screaming Bell
    . . . . 2 x Dispel Scroll
    . . . . Power Stone
    . . . . Skalm

Plague Priest - 339 SPELLS: (Plauge) 1, 2
    . . . . Plague Furnace
    . . . . Shadow Magnet Trinket
    . . . . Portents of Verminous Doom

Warlock Engineer - 150 SPELLS: (RUIN) 1, Warp Lighting
    . . . . Doomrocket
    . . . . Warp-Energy Condenser

30 x Clanrats - 202
    . . Musician, Standard Bearer, Shields
    . . . . Doom-Flayer Weapon Team

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

16 x Giant Rats - 89
    . . . . 1 Master Moulder
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

16 x Giant Rats - 89
    . . . . 1 Master Moulder
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

21 x Clanrat Slaves - 44
    . . Musician

21 x Clanrat Slaves - 44
    . . Musician

21 x Clanrat Slaves - 44
    . . Musician

28 x Plague Monks - 271
    . . Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
    . . . . 1 Storm Banner

7 x Plague Censer Bearers - 112

7 x Plague Censer Bearers - 112

6 x Gutter Runners - 72

Doomwheel - 150

Doomwheel - 150

Total Roster Cost: 2500
    Total Power Dice: 10
    Total Dispel Dice: 6
    Total Model Count: 210

Furnace and monks deploy next to walls of building, slave unit in front, with censer units to the right utilizing the skirmishing to move through the outer walls of the building. Five strong rat pack to the left of that, Doomflayer behind them. Left is Clanrat unit and Bell, with Engineer as well with a unit of slaves in front, followed by the two sixteen strong giant rat units, the last slave unit to their left. To the left is another five man giant rat unit. On the right side of the forest, one Doomwheel, and on the left of the forest, the other with the two remaining giant rat units between. Gutter runners will scout in the building area as close as possible.

Doomwheels will run hard and fast down the left gflank, one around each side of the forest, with the two giant rat packs staying back a bit, but close enough to be targeted by each to prevent the wheels from shooting each other en route to the enemies flanks. Gutter runners will circle out and around to march block and start harassing as soon as possible. Censer Bearers will creep through outskirts of the building and to the flanks as well, with Plague Furnace running headlong at the Temple Guard. Bell unit will do a similar role, but most likely hitting at one of the spear blocks. Doomflayer will lurk and sweep into a flank for a countercharge. The remaining two small rat packs will attempt to harass flanks, or hunt down the skinks, and the two larger blocks will pray for Death Frenzy, and aim for flank attacks regardless. Being vastly more maneuverable, the main targets will be eliminating the skirmish skinks, cold one cavalry, and the Engine and normal Stegadons, and then simply enveloping the remaining infantry. Priest will take Plague Lore, definitely defaulting one for Pestilent Breat, Engineer on Ruin, and nabbing Warp Lightning. Seer will also take Ruin, and substitute one for 13th spell in case of opponent miscasting on 5/6. Doomrocket will gun at one of the spear blocks, or a shot at the skirmishers, if they end up too bunched. With superior numbers, and deployments, and with sufficient magic defense and offense, I see myself eliminating the only maneuverable threats and simply overwhelming the opposing force.

-The-White-Lizard- (Army 2):

Lord

Slann(General) SPELLS: (Fire) 1, 3, 5, 4
    -BSB
    -Focused Rumination
    -Becalming congitation
    -Horn of Krygor

Heroes

Skink Priest SPELLS: (Heaven) 3, 4, 5
    -Lvl 2
    -Engine of the Gods
    -War drums of xahutec
    -Plaque of Tepok

Scar-vet
    -Cold one
    -Light Armour
    -Shield
    -Scimitar of the Sun Resplendant

Scar-vet
    -Cold one
    -Light Armour
    -Maiming Shield
    -Sword of Battle

Core

16x Saurus Warriors
    -Spears
    -Champ

16x Saurus Warriors
    -Spears
    -Champ

10x Skink Skirmishes

Special

16x Temple Gaurd
    -Standard Bearer
    -Plaque of Dominion

6x Cold one Cavalry
    -Standard Bearer
    -Huanchi's Blessed Totem

Stegadon

=2496pts
    PD - 9-13*
    DD - 6

DEPLOYMENT

Slann/TG unit to set up as the centre of my battleline, between the hill and the building, with a saurus unit on its right flank, and the Priest on Engine to its left. The second saurus unit to setup on the left of the priest but within 12" of the slann to make use of the horn of krygor. To Stegadon will be placed on the left of the second saurus unit to anchor it down. The cold one cavalry will be deployed on the far left flank. And the skink skirmishes will be set up to screen the saurus/TG units.

TACTICS

The Slann will take the lore of fire, swapping sword of ruin for fireball if applicable. Plan will be to use the building on the right to anchor my right flank as my battleline advances. The cavalry will move forward at full speed to hit him hard on the left flank with the help of the extra D6" charge range from huanchis totem, they will be tasked with breaking his flankers (i am assuming giant rats/slaves) and advancing through for flank charges. Engine will be ward saving all in range as i advance, and once in range burning everyrat in range, whilst looking for oportune flank charges/terror checks, with the help of the war drums. The priest will kick things off with second sign, allowing me rerolls for casting attempts at a latter stage assuming he gets it, if not he will attepmt to place a comet in the centre of the rat horde, or fire off some lightning at the breakable units.. slaves/giant rats. The slann will be attempting the same thing, fireing everything at the breakable units or censor bearers. Stegadon will be popping shots at the doomwheel in the least favourable position. As we have both brought unbreakable/stubborn units to the game once combat is reached, being a T4 troop army, i believe my sheer weight of attacks will eventually wear him down. Oh and if one of the saurus units engages the furnace unit, the scarvet will challenge as the priest cannot turn it down.

In a nutshell - I did not expect to be facing such a unbreakable army at such an early stage, but i do believe i have the means to bring it down, slowly but surely. The becalming congitation on the slann, and the plaque of dominion should help keep those pesky skaven spells at a minimum, turning the tide of the battle in my favour.

goodluck esco.

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS

Regards,

Last edited by Rising Leviathan; March 4th, 2010 at 21:31.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will certainly be a close one, thats for sure.
    I'm pretty sure that the stegadons are going to get killed by the doomwheels, but at the same time, the skaven don't seem to have much shooting, or a decent way to bring down heavy troops.
    Both are great lists, but I'm gonna have to go for -The-White-Lizard-, because I don't think skaven will get much, if any, magic through. That said, both are great lists

VW progress ==> runner up (out in round 5) Fluff wars ==> round 1 win, round 2 win
    Winter Wood elves W7 D0 L0 Witch hunter ogres W2 D1 L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I don't think the lizardmen are going to be able to maneuver around as freely as they suggest in the tactics. The skaven are very plentiful, and have rolling wheels of doom to block the way. Similarly, I don't share gnoblargobblas confidence in the lizardmen preventing any spells from going through. The skaven have 3 spellcasters.

It'll be a tough fight, but I believe Esco Thomson's Skaven will win the day.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

This one will be close, but I think the skaven will be able to take down the stegadons with the doomwheels, and maybe the censer bearers. Also, with so many more units, I think the skaven have too many rats for the lizardmen to kill. So Esco Thompson it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

I agree with te White Lizard that he has the tools to win. However, Escho Thomson has the advantage here, and the Lizardmen are fighting an uphill battle. Though the skaven lack some shooting which would help greatly, they have units that can get kills of the lizardmen, and have static combat resolution won. They will be surrounded, proably flanked, and to top it off, all those smalle core units can claim table quarters.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Placing the engine in a saurus unit makes its pretty much immune to the doom wheels. With everything in the lizardmen army being stubborn, I think this will just come down to a mass melee and the more models the skaven bring into the fight the more models the saurus will kill. Neither magic will dominate and neither have enough shooting, so I have to rely on the saurus holding on stubborn cold-blooded 8s and killing lots and lots of rats.

-The-White-Lizard- wins.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Two really tough lists and an epic battle however in the end i see the large numbers and the warmachines of the Skaven breaking through. And the lizards flanked

so Esco Thomson for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

EscoThomson has much more strategic value in his units. Numbers and smart play can win this one.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Wow, what great battle this would be, The elite line of lizardmen slowly getting worn down by the endless horde of skaven. Both magic phases will play a part, but this'll be decided in combat. That the lizard list is almost entirely stubborn, and the 6attacks each scar veterans being perfect for murdering the hordes they face, will tip the scales in favour of the white lizard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Becalming Cognitation and Standard of Dominion give this to -The-White-Lizard- IMO. The Lizards have total magical dominance, and 3 infantry units that can carve up anything that touches them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast