VW VW Round 1, Match 9 - daelrog vs. PsychoticVampire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 1, Match 9 - daelrog vs. PsychoticVampire

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1243228909

Daelrog (Army 2):

Sorcerer Lord w/ lvl 4, diabolic splendor, chaos dragon, mark of slaanesh, spell familiar, enchanted shield, crown of everlasting conquest

SPELLS: 2,3,4,5,6

Sorcerer w/ lvl 2, mark of slaanesh, book of secrets, dispel scroll

SPELLS: 3,4 + (fire) 1

Exalted Champion w/ slaanesh, bsb, doom totem, shield, barded chaos steed

30 Marauders w/ slaanesh, full command

30 Marauders w/ slaanesh, full command

6 Marauder Horsemen w/ flails, slaanesh

6 Chaos Hounds

6 Chaos Hounds

12 Chaos Warriors w/ slaanesh, full command, additional hand weapons, banner of wrath

6 Chaos Knights, slaanesh, full command, blasted standard

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth w/ extra hand weapon

Total: 2498

Well, the first thing you'll notice gentle readers is that the undead can negate all the leadership decreasing powers I have. But fret not, the mighty pink and baby blue norsemen of Slaanesh will still prevail!

Pretty much in a game I would exploit the two main weaknesses of this army. The first is that it has no skeletons or ghouls. He'll no doubt be sending up the zombies trying to raise more, save time for his hard hitting units. With how long of stats the zombies haven' they're going to buckle within two rounds of combat to units with full command and outnumber them, let alone warriors each with an additional hand weapon marching six wide.

The other main weakness of the list is there are not disrupting units. No varghulf, fell bats, and dire wolves, to march block me, or to force me into bad charges. Believe me when I say I'll be doing that very thing to his army. One group of hounds will dance around his black knights, keeping them in check. The other unit will go right in front of the grave guard. Even if the count can get vanhels off, his unit's going to be charging almost sideways. Even the marauder cavalry can aid them, or both the blood knights who'll be staring down my chaos knights. I don't have any intent really to charge my chaos knights into his, I plan to sit them just out of their charge arc so that if they want to charge, they're going to have to move first. That's more of his army waiting.

As long as I keep his cavalry busy with my fast cavalry (which keep in mind he has no shooting to deal with them), then the game should be won. The dragon will breathe both its fire templates onto the grave guard or whoever else is troublesome. The shaggoth can support whoever needs it. Mobility will win the day, and as I can tie up at least two of his three hard hitting units, that leaves just one to try to win the game on its own.

PsychoticVampire (Army 1):

Lord:
    Vampire Lord =435 SPELLS: Whole lore of Vampires
    Master of the Black Arts
    Forbidden Lore
    The Book of Arkhan
    3 Power Stones

Heroes:
    Vampire 1 =200 SPELLS: (Lore of Vampires) 1
    Red Fury
    The Flayed Hauberk
    Talisman of the Lycni
    Black Periapt

Vampire 2 =183 SPELLS: Whole lore of Beasts
    Forbidden Lore
    2 Power Stones
    Nightmare

Vampire 3 =183 SPELLS: Whole lore of Beasts
    Forbidden Lore
    2 Power Stones
    Nightmare

Core:
    20 Zombie Horde

20 Zombie Horde

20 Zombie Horde

Special:
    30 Grave Guard =415
    Full Command
    Banner of the Endless Nightmare

11 Black Knights =349
    Full Command
    Banner of the Barrows

Rare:
    8 Blood Knights =495
    Standard Bearer
    Royal Standard of Strigos

Total Points: 2500
    Power Dice: 8
    Power Stones: 7
    Dispel Dice: 5

Deployment:
    Grave Guard deploy on 12" line in the centre.
    Blood Knights will deploy in a single line, just to their right, on the 12" line.
    Black Knights will deploy in a single line, just to their left, on the 12" line.
    Zombie units will deploy in back corner of the board, and back centre.
    Lord will deploy in Grave Guard.
    Vampire 1 will deploy in Black Knights (using the talisman of the lycni to keep up).
    Vampires 2 and 3 will deploy in the Blood Knights.
    Tactics:
    My overall strategy is to smash into the enemy lines as quickly as possible, causing as much damage as possible.
    I will use the spells 'The wolf Hunts' and 'Vanhel's Danse Macabre' to give my cavalry units extra magical movement, being able to cast 'The wolf Hunts' twice a turn with my vampires and 'Vanhel's Danse Macabre' several times a turn with my lord(and his book).
    I will move the knights forwards at full speed, casting movement speels on them to get a first turn charge if possible. I will use my long units to engage several units in the battle line at once, giving all my knights a chance to strike and causing maximum wounds for combat resolution (especially from the blood knights), this should allow several units to be overun with one good charge.
    I will counter the dog's bait-and-flee by using magical movement to re-charge.
    The zombies would be liabilities in combat, so will hide at the back to save their points and claim table quarters.
    I will cast 'The beast cowers' when necessary to avoid dragon and shaggoth charges and to attempt to charge them with knights where possible.
    For my opponent's magic, I will dispell spells with this priority: at my lord, at my vampires, at my blood knights, at my black knights, at my grave guard. (I will let through any spells cast at zombies)
    If Vampire 1 is in combat I will always attempt 'bear's anger' twice, as it makes him a combat monster (6 attacks, strength 7, extra attack for every wound caused).
    The Lord and the Grave Guard will move up to support the cavary with spells and charges.
    When Vampire's 2 and 3 run out of power stones, they will start casting' bear's ange'r, 'beast cowers', instead of attempting 'wolf hunts', as well as repairing the knights.

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS

Regards,

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I think the insane amount of casting that the VC have is going to win this. The tactic is solid, he is going to pin that dragon down from the get go, and is going to be swinging those knights around like crazy. With no puppet there really isn't a huge worry about miscasting either. A few good cast's of Wind of Undeath here are going to be a real nightmare considering there are very limited options for removing the ethereals...PsychoticVampire
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

It's funny, if a new player were to glance at this table, he might have assumed it was a 1000-1500 point game, given that one side has 6 units, and the other side has 8. Most 2500 point armies would be larger than both armies combined.

With virtually no shooting on either side, this is going to come down to magic and the charge. With only 1 dispel scroll, I think the Chaos Warriors are going to be locked down by 'the beast cowers' very quickly, since virtually everything in his army (that's of major significance) will be affected by it. With that advantage, all the movement spells, and the first turn, I believe that PsychoticVampire should win the day.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

A lot of points are in that Blood Knight unit and they have neither a ward nor regen. Ecstatic seizures can really do some harm there most likely killing 2 Blood knights and wounding 1 of the vampires. On top of that the Warrior player has 2 guys that can make any of his units frenzied. Those warriors with extra hand weapons just become that much more devastating and so do his knights. Along with multiple throw away units to bait the Blood Knights, I think Daelrog could pull off this victory. The lvl1 vampires will make 2 of the magic phases nice and then become worthless.

Whoever miscasts the most most likely will lose, but with everything being equal, my money's on the warriors. Blood Knights with no screeners are just a massive horse chasing a carrot around the board and Slaanesh Horsemen do that leading better than anyone.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Personally, I don't like the use of that many Power Stones. Neither the lack of Skellies and Ghouls. However, I will give my vote to PsychoticVampire.

Interesting battle! Would like to experience it in real

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

The vamp's army has 3 major threats, the Bloodknights, Blackknights and Grave Guard. Despite the psychological nature of the slaanesh lore, it can do some real harm to these three units. Ecstatic seizures on the Grave guard (30 Toughness tests and T4 with no saves of any kind? ouch) or frenzying chaos warriors in combat. Not to mention the Bloodknights can be lead around the table with the Marauder horsemen, taking them out of the game entirely. Despite the lack of confidence people have in slaanesh magic against ItP armies, i'm giving this to Daelrog
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Im really sorry, but im gonna have to side with Pinkus here. PsycoticVampire might have an advantage through magical powers, but in the end of the day his magic can only do so much. There is no chance that he'll be able to dance his cavalry into melee AND cower every single cavalryunit of the enemy in every single magicphase. At some point during the battle, the Blood Knights will fall - and then Daelrog will just have to round up tablequarters and single vampires. Im voting for Daelrog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Depending too much on magic is going to come back and bite yah. Saying Daelrog for this one
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

This is tough if Daelrog tactics said he was going to aim to kill the vampires i would have given it to him easily. But with the sheer number of dice to raise back everything killed and wear down the chaos army.

PsychoticVampirefor me simply because i think the chaos will find it hard to stop the magic onslaught in the beginning turns of the game, Vanhells, beast cowers, wollf hunts wind and raising are going to hurt an army with only one scroll 5DD and a a ton of points spent that are worthless against VC (Doom totem, Blasted standard, diabolic spender)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Craptastic for daelrog and his psychology army. Psychotic vampire ftw.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast