VW VW Round 3, Match 5 - realitycheque vs. Esco Thomson - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 3, Match 5 - realitycheque vs. Esco Thomson

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1243930128

Realitycheque (Army 2) '

L4 Archmage (Sylvester himself) w/ Book of Hoeth 1, 3, 5, 6
    L2 Mage w/ Annulian Crystal 2, 4
    L2 Mage w/ Seer Staff + Dispel Scroll 2, 5
    Noble w/ Barded Steed, Dragon Armour, Shield, Star Lance and Gem of Courage
    5x Dragon Princes w/ FC, Banner of Ellyrion + Amulet of Light
    5x Dragon Princes w/ FC, Standard of Balance + Dragonhorn
    15x Phoenix Guard w/ FC, Banner of Sorcery + FoeBane
    4x 10 Archers
    3x Repeater Bolt Throwers
    Great Eagle

Jeez, are there no hills on these maps? lol

Archmage - High Magic
    Mage 1 w/ Annullian Crystal - High Magic
    Mage 2 w/ Staff - High Magic

Using the Staff to pick Flame of the Phoenix if neither of the others have it, likewise Curse of Arrow Attraction. Shutting down as much of his magic as possible applying FotP on as many large units as possible and CoAA on the biggest threat each turn.

DP w/ BoE in the woods, the eagle behind them, and everyone else lined up tightly with the right hand board edge in this format:
    [Archer][Archer + Mage 1][RBT][RBT][PG + Archmage][RBT][RBT][Archer+ Mage 2][DP w/ SoB][Archer]

As per usual, the eagle will march block, the archers will target the fastest moving thing each turn - I expect to have most of his screen dead quickly, and the RBTs will shoot the hell out of his war machines. As soon as he gets to the point where he would be within charge range next turn, the PG will move forward (with the archmage moving sideways into one of the archer units) to hopefully get the charge on the survivors with the two DP units flanking. I do not want the plague monks reaching me, so will be shooting the hell out of them once the faster threats are dead.

Esco Thomson (Army 1):

Grey Seer - 540 (General) SPELLS: 1, 3, 4, 6
    . . . . Screaming Bell
    . . . . 2 x Dispel Scroll
    . . . . Power Stone
    . . . . Skalm

Plague Priest - 339 2, 4
    . . . . Plague Furnace
    . . . . Shadow Magnet Trinket
    . . . . Portents of Verminous Doom

Warlock Engineer - 150 0, 3
    . . . . Doomrocket
    . . . . Warp-Energy Condenser

30 x Clanrats - 202
    . . Musician, Standard Bearer, Shields
    . . . . Doom-Flayer Weapon Team

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

5 x Giant Rats - 23
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

16 x Giant Rats - 89
    . . . . 1 Master Moulder
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

16 x Giant Rats - 89
    . . . . 1 Master Moulder
    . . . . 1 x Packmaster

21 x Clanrat Slaves - 44
    . . Musician

21 x Clanrat Slaves - 44
    . . Musician

21 x Clanrat Slaves - 44
    . . Musician

28 x Plague Monks - 271
    . . Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
    . . . . 1 Storm Banner

7 x Plague Censer Bearers - 112

7 x Plague Censer Bearers - 112

6 x Gutter Runners - 72

Doomwheel - 150

Doomwheel - 150

Gutters are aiming to deploy via sneakily infiltrating behind the artillery, preferably near the higher concentration of RBT's/Archers.

Doomrocket will hope that the RBT's/Archers bunker in close proximity as they will be the intended target.

Magic I will be going for Plague Lore on the Seer, and hoping for Plague or Wither, though anything is really good vs. the Elves. Engineer swapping out for Warp Lightning with one.

Strategy is fairly simple. Not too much to really state about it. He has a lot of shooting and a lot of magic, but not really a ton of punch. The Eagle needs to go to eliminate baiting, but there is only one Eagle...

Stormbanner will activate on my opponent's first turn, and hopefully continue, but will alleviate some pain of shooting.

Will send the slaves in front of the masses, and run through, rats hanging flanks keeping a watchful eye, and censers sweeping in.

Pestilence and Plague really love elves here.

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS!

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The skaven arn't solid enough to whether the charges and the high elves should be able to avoid getting bogged down.But there is alot of them and the dragon princes will find it hard not to get flanked once they kill the first unit of slaves and overun into the clanrats. Its really close but i'm gunna give it to the Skaven.
    Last edited by Heimagoblin; March 28th, 2010 at 21:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

The Elves have magic and shooting while the Skaven have magic and numbers. The magic looks fairly even with the Elves having a slight advantage but I don't think enough to make a huge difference. They do have the shooting to whittle the rats down however the Storm Banner will alleviate that for at least one turn, possibly more. Because of that I think that the Skaven numbers will be enough to eventually overwhelm the Elves. Victory to the Skaven.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Its a pretty tight one, but I think the huge skaven numbers will overwhelm the HE in the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

I agree with everyone. This is a tight battle - but unlike everyone else i belive that the endless waves, flanking or not, of ratmen will be pulverized by the ASF elves. The phoenixguard will stand, and hold through the tide of plague and rat. HE takes this one with superior fightingskills and superior saves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

A very close match indeed, but overall, I don't think the elves have enough shooting to take out the rats. This will be decided in close combat, and there the elves will dominate...but perhaps not quickly enough. By the time they reach close combat, they'll be slaying a unit of rats, but at the same time the rest of his army will be assaulted at the same time.

All in all, this match will be a bloody mess, and in bloody battles of atrophy, it's the hordes that win. A narrow victory for Skaven.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I expect the elves to have killed off the screen of slaves with shooting by the time the skaven get across the board. The skaven should be slightly staggered, with the eagle providing a little bit of march blocking. Unfortunately, I don't expect this to be enough. The elves only have three effective melee units. The units of ten archers peel off against a skaven unit each. If they win, it'll be too late, as the two units of knights and the phoenix guard are left facing 2-3 units of skaven each. If the archers come out the other end okay (assuming they're paired up against units of 5 giant rats each), they'll be sufficiently bloodied that they won't be any help to the knights and guard, who will be overwhelmed by numbers. What's needed here is a battle line of spearmen for the rats to impale themselves...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Skaven numbers are going to win this. Elves are going to kick ass in CC but when you kill one rat and 3 more are right back in that spot eventually the rats will eat you
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I agree with the above, the elf tactics are good, but they wont be able to handle the numbers of the skaven.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The skaven have a horde here and all their points are hiding in two massive unbreakable units. The elves have some good shooting and magic going on, but I dont think it'll be enough Skaven
    ( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast