VW VW Round 3, Match 8 - cakeman vs. Null_Sheen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 3, Match 8 - cakeman vs. Null_Sheen

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1244451932

cakeman (Army 2):

Bretonnian lord - 263
    Silver lance of the Blesses, Cuirass of fortune, Virtue of Discipline, Royal pegasus, Shield.

Paladin Battle Standard Bearer - 204
    Banner of the lady of the lake, Virtue of duty, Barded warhorse

Paladin - 159
    Virtue of confidence, Enchanted shield, Gauntlet of the duel, Royal pegasus, heavy armour.

Damsel - 125 (Lore of Life) 1
    chalice of malfleur, dispel scroll, warhorse

damsel - 130 (Lore of Life) 1
    2 dispel scrolls, warhorse

10 knights of the realm - 289
    - Full command
    - War banner

8 knights errant - 201
    - full command
    - Erranty banner

5 knights of the realm - ???

3 pegasus knights - 175
    - musician

3 pegasus knights - 175
    - musician

3 pegasus knights - 175
    - musician

3 pegasus knights - 175
    - musician

7 grail knights - 306
    - full command
    - banner of chalons

Hmm, more chaos.
    I'll start by praying. Then i'll with my lances in the middle and my pegasus knights on the flanks. The challengy paladin will go chasing after the wizards, the lord will also go after character bearing units. I'll use pegasi to bait the frenzied knights into bad positions or counter charges. For once i wont be completely out muscled in the magic phase and should be able to weather most of the storm. I'll create my two buses again. BSB + damsel in the large knights of the realm, and other damsel in the grail knights. I should destroy any of the marauder units on the charge.
    Im just thinking my extra movement from flying should give me the edge over most of his army. I'll also have the advantage for combat resolution as well.
    My magic will not matter, but if it swings people mistress of the marsh may turn interesting late in the game by slowing things up.

Fairly brief tactics. But im not sure what else there is to say, fast armies are all about how it plays when it gets complicated, but i think my extra speed gives me the edge. Good luck Null_sheen.

Null_Sheen (Army 1):

Sorcerer, lvl 2, MoN, Infernal Puppet, Enchanted Shield, Steed <general> 206pts SPELLS: 1, 3
    Sorcerer, Lvl 2, MoT, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll, Steed 206pts SPELLS: 1, 5
    Sorcerer, Lvl 1, MoT, Rod of Torment, Bloodcurdling Roar, Disc of Tzeentch 190 pts SPELLS: 1
    Exalted Champion, BSB, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Sword of Might, Favor of the Gods, Shield, Steed 196pts

20 Marauders, MoS, Full Command, Light Armour, Shield 150 pts
    20 Marauders, MoS, Full Command, Light Armour, Shield 150 pts
    5 Marauder Horse, MoS, Muso 81 pts
    5 Marauder Horse, MoS, Muso 81 pts
    5 Warhounds 30 pts
    5 Warhounds 30pts

5 Chaos Knights, Banner of Rage 255 pts
    5 Chaos Knights, MoS, Warbanner 255 pts
    1 Chaos Chariot, MoS 130 pts
    1 Chaos Chariot, MoS 130 pts

1 Hellcannon 205 pts
    1 Hellcannon 205 pts

Another Army that has to come to me, And Brets are tough but i plan to use my greatest advantage my army has against them, Psycology.

Magic: I have 8 PD and a bound, all spell casters will take the default spell in their list.

I am going first, the brets have no where to hide so my hell cannons are going to get to shoot twice at his non ItP buses and they are their prime targets, i need to cause 1 wound, then its a panic test at -1LD each. If i get panda off its even more bad news for him (assuming i get the spell)

Going to march block/divert with the marauder horse, divert the grails with the dogs the other unit of dogs to closely screen the rage knights until its time to let them loose.

First turn my units will move up to within magic range. and stop (18")
    Magic: thats a bound 3 2d6 S3 MM, 2 single dice Flickering Fire, 1 single dice Fireball, 1 two Dice buboes, then hopefully things like panda and quagmire. Start picking on Peg knights until they loose a model (enough to force a panic test) and move onto the next unit, the idea is to make him take panic test after panic test to disrupt his lines and take his army on piece meal. The prime target will be the lord himself if he is on his own or the lords unit. Again as i am going first i will get to apply this pressure for the first two turns.

Positioning: my units will be placed at angles do that if anything has got through my diverters and screens they will run into clean space where hopefully the hell-cannons can counter charge. He could decide to charge the hell cannons with the pegs but i think he is going to find them much tougher to kill than a normal cannon, he will need to make a terror test to boot and if they fail that terror test then they are fleeing thus working my plan for me.

For him to get close enough to charge me he will be close enough to get charged by my chariots and knights, i will take this opportunity as long as its not an obvious bait and flee. I want to reduce the buses by enough men so that when it is time for my infantry to countercharge or if they get charged the unit will be small enough that it cannot auto-break CR5.

If any unit that is still fleeing at the beginning of my turn will (if the opportunity presents itself) be harassed by moving a dog or horse unit (getting close enough to force a auto flee (not allowed to attempt to rally)

So put simply, force as many panic tests as possible with the hell cannons and magic, divert/march block what is not running away. Take his army on piece meal and on my terms unit by unit, then mop up with the infantry. Thats the plan.

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS!

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh, hard to choose.I'm going with brettonians due to superior meatyness

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Hmm, well cakeman certainly seems to have forgotten about those hellcannons, but I dont buy Null_Sheen's magical plan, it wont be as effective as he suggests. The pegasus knights should be able to deal with the marchblocking/diverting units to let the big buses hit home. I think the Bretonnians will take this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Brets have to many lances for the WoC to deal with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Brets' charges will devastate all the 5man groups of the chaos player. Infantry blocks of marauders will be of no use with so good armour saves on the knights. Only thing that really might challenge the bretonnians is the Hellcannons, which really isnt that accurate anyway. It might be a close fight, but as I see it - the victory goes to the brets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I'm going to have to disagree with the general consensus. The Brets are simply relying far too heavily on their tiny pegasus units. These aren't dragons. If they lose a single one of their guys, they'll be unit strength 4, and no longer deny units their rank bonuses. They're simply too small to be effective for long. That, and those hellcannons are going to mess his units up, while his quick units redirect the large buses.

Chaos Warriors will win.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

The last time my TK played brets, my SSC saw the BSB bus off the field on turn one, so I know that chaos's plan for BOTH hellcannons works, and works well. The grail knights are the only real problem I see for chaos, as the pegasi, while maneuverable, lack oomph. I don't buy chaos's magical plan, either, but with the flying paladin going after the almost irrelevant wizards (and going solo?) instead of hunting down the hellcannons, it's going to be an ugly day for those french kaniggits. Chaos also has enough throwaway units that are fast enough to intercept pegasi short of the hellcannons if the brets come to their senses and target them...and enough units overall to crush any bretonian unit once it's locked in place.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Brets are faster in this.Faster means they can set up their charges. Brets take this one
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleJ7007 View Post
    Brets are faster in this.Faster means they can set up their charges. Brets take this one
    That won't help when they're fighting superior units, with superior combat res. Not to mention the hellcannons and magic WoC brings to this.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Cakeman grabs the win 5-3.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Closed Thread