VW VW Round 3, Match 10 - Heimagoblin vs. Scot246 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 3, Match 10 - Heimagoblin vs. Scot246

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1244969818

Heimagoblin (Army 1):

Slaan, becalming cogatation,focussed ruination,bsb, sun standard of chotec=390 SPELLS: Lore of Metal 1, 3, 5, 6
    skink priest,lv2,engine of the gods, dispel scroll=415 3, 5
    skink priest,lv2,engine of the gods,plauge of tepok=405 1, 6
    skink priest,lv 2, engine of the gods, dispel scroll=415 2, 4
    20 temple guard, command(6 by 4 with slann)=355
    10 skink skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers
    3 terradons
    slamamander,extra crewman=80
    razordon, extra crewman=80

Right, just some important facts before I beginHe has 10 powerdice, I have 10 dispel dice, I steal any 6's his sorceror lord casts with(this can prevent irrisistable force) and I have 2 scrolls.He, on the other hand has 5 dispel dice and no scrolls to my 18 power dice.His army is built around terror. Unfortunatly for his, every units in my army will have cold blooded(roll 3 die pick the 2 lowest),stubborn, ld 9, and with re-rolls from the bsb. Also 2000 points of it are either immune to psychology or terror causing.Here is the plan. The terradons flie behind the chosen turn 2 to march block. The slann sits in a position were he can cast at the dragon and be in a psoiton to contercharge one of the engines. My shooting (80 poisoned shots+flamer template with a -3 save modifier+ d10 str 4 armour piercing) will focus on killing the fast stuff or it it hasn't got close the dragon.The slann will take law of metal and will cast the spells in this orderTop spell of the lore (11+) with 3 dice+the free one everytime he casts a spell1 (2) die rule of buring iron on either the bsb or the dragon rider.2(3) die law of gold(take away magic item on bsb or if that isn't viable then the dragon rider, aiming at the regen crown.Skinks will cast as many d6 str or d6 str 4 no armour saves on marauders, comets infront of the chosen block (by about 2 inches), portent of far any units in combat or shooting the dragon.Lets also remember that any one of my big units can take a dragon chargeto the rear and easily survive due to stubborn/ignoring being outnumbered by terror/ld 9/re rolling failed ld checks/cold blooded. If he charges an engine I will accept the challenge, let him overkill the priest to death then charge him back with either the templeguard to the flank, or another 2 engines.My deployment is as follows. --------------------terradons-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------razordon--------engine engine--templeguard-engine--salamander--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------skinks--skinks---skinks--------skinks----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The skinks will be positioned so that when anything charges the closest model will be way into their flank arc meaning they will have to charge that and will pusue away from my centre and may be in a position to be charged by a steg in the flank.So the moral of the story, never skimp on magic defence and never rely on terror bombing alone.

Scot246 (Army 2):

Sorcerer Lord lvl 4 SPELLS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
    Mark of slannesh
    Diabolic Splendour
    Spell Familiar
    Crown of everlasting conquest
    chaos dragon- 745

Exalted Hero
    Slannesh
    battle standard bearer
    great weapon
    shield
    Doom Totem- 238
    (sit in chosen unit)

Sorcerer lvl 2 SPELLS: 1, 3
    Mark of tzeentch
    Disc of tzeench
    power familiar
    book of secerets- 210

total on characters- 1193
    Core

5x marauder horsemen
    mark of slannesh
    throwing axes -85

5x marauder horsemen
    mark of slannesh
    throwing axes -85

5x marauder horsemen
    mark of slannesh
    throwing axes -85

Total on core- 255

Special

35x Chosen
    Mark of Nurgle
    Shields
    Halberds
    Full command
    Warbanner
    Favour of the Gods-755

Total on special-755

Rare

Warshrine
    Mark of tzeentch-150

Warshrine
    Mark of tzeentch- 150

This is going to be a very hard game for me since i will be out magiced, and even my chosen will strugle in combat vs 3 stegadons. But here are my hopefully good tactics.I have noticed that my opponient keeps all of his steggadons together usually which my make it hard to ever fight one at a time.This is where my dragon comes in. As soon as possible i am going to get behind the rear of his army and charge a steggadon from behind trying to take them out one at a time. Next i will use 2 of my marauder horsemen units to try and control where they charge. they will do this by sitting infront on the chosen and forcing the remaining stagadon(s) to charge them. When they do kill the marauders they will hopefully over run infront of my chosen robbing them of there charge bonus. I should win this combat with my static combat res of 7, plus any wounds I am able to cause.My sorc of tzeench will concentrate all of his fire power on the temple guard, razordons and salamanders depending on which is in the most dangerous position at that moment.My final unit of marauder horsemen will sit near the chosen so that when the razordons or salamanders come after the chosen I will be able to charge and at least delay or distract them for a turn on 2 until one of my mages come to clear them up.As always my warshrines will buff my chosen unit and get flank charges where they can.The dragon/chosens second job will be to go after the temple guard and slann to get rid of it so that i can then control the magic phaseSet-upChosen will set up opposite the stegadons.Dragon on flank closest to stegadons, so that he will be able to get round the rear as soon as possiblesorc sets up last and sets up in a possition where he will be able to do most damage with magic missiles2 units of M horsemen set up infront of chosen1 unit of M horsemen set up next to chosen to protect from shooting.Warshrines set up behind chosen

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS!

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh for gods sake my deployment diagram messed up again. This is the true deployment.
    -------------terradons--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    razordon-engine-engine-temple guard-engine-salamander-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------skinks--skinks---------------------skinks - skinks

Also, sorry about the spelling mistakes and the bad format. Is it the same for everyone or is it that my email has gone wrong?
    Last edited by Heimagoblin; March 28th, 2010 at 22:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he charges an engine I will accept the challenge, let him overkill the priest to death
    heimagoblin i am not trying to boost my army or anything but can i point out that if ur priest accepts the challenge then the steggadon joins the challenge too just like my dragon being as it is a mount. So I wont neccesserally attack the priest.Sorry if u see this as boosting I am just pointing out the rules of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scot246 View Post
    heimagoblin i am not trying to boost my army or anything but can i point out that if ur priest accepts the challenge then the steggadon joins the challenge too just like my dragon being as it is a mount. So I wont neccesserally attack the priest.Sorry if u see this as boosting I am just pointing out the rules of the game.
    That is true but I think he means that the dragon will have to devote a significant amount of attacks to kill the priest (4 to do it even slightly reliably considering the sorceror will still allow a 3+ save with possible re-rolls.

I will now explain why i'm voting lizardmen.First turn the lizardmen will cast

law of gold on doom totem/crown of everlasting glory
    2d6 str 5 no armour saves on dragon or chosen
    commet of cassandora
    d6 str 4
    d6 str 4 no armour saves
    1 str 5 hit no armour saves on bsb or dragon rider.

Between the pitiful magic defence and failing spells, about all bar 2 or if he's lucky 3 will go off. The lizards will get 3-4 magic phases like this. The 80 poisin shots will take the dragon out in 1-2 turns and if it tries to charge a engine then somehow kills the priest with the sorceror the dragon will need 3+ to hit (4 hits), 4+ to wound (2 wounds) for a total of 0-2 wounds. He will then get contercharged and get buring alingment x 2or 3 and then an average of 9 impact hits at strenth 6 followed by 9 attacks at str 6.
    Last edited by A Cucumber; March 28th, 2010 at 22:41.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Please refrain from posting in your own mathces.

@ Heimagoblin, it's understandable that you wanted to clarify the deployment as it turned out wrong.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I have to give this one to the Lizardmen. There are only 2 places to get points from that Chaos army but if either one comes close I think that the lizards have the means to take them out. Between the magic, Burning Alignment, and Terror protection I think the Lizards are too much for Chaos to handle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Nice setup. I'd really like to see these two lists unfold irl. Both lists are incredible strong and would mash my own list to bloody pulps (one of them already did), but i think the Lizardmen has an edge here, due to having the initiative of first round, the advantage in magic and so many stegs..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

The TG Deathstar will hold the Chosen Deathstar still as it gets Burning Alignmented.

The Dragon can't risk getting close and being hit with all those poison blowpipes.

Lizardmen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Lord do I hate this Lizardman army. I've fought this list several times, and I hate it more every time.

Why? Because anything that can kill the stegadons, will be killed by the skinks, and vice versa. There are very few units that can deal with both, and the Chaos player doesn't have them. The dragon can kill the stegadons, but will be gunned down by skinks. The 'death star' unit of warriors can basically ignore the skinks, but can't engage the stegadons without facing them all. This is the sort of match where Chaos Knights would've made the difference, instead of a gimmicky dragon.

This, combined with cold blooded countering fear, will stall Chaos' charge, and allow the Lizardmen to win through magic superiority.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Chaos's inability to strip the skink screen before tackling the engines throws this one to the lizards.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast