VW VW Round 4, Match 3 - Kroxigor01 vs. Heimagoblin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 4, Match 3 - Kroxigor01 vs. Heimagoblin

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1243929793

Heimagoblin (Army 2):

Slaan, becalming cogatation,focussed ruination,bsb, sun standard of chotec=390 SPELLS: (Beasts) 1, 3, 4, 5
    skink priest,lv2,engine of the gods, dispel scroll=415 SPELLS: 1, 4
    skink priest,lv2,engine of the gods,plauge of tepok=405 SPELLS: 5, 6
    skink priest,lv 2, engine of the gods, dispel scroll=415 SPELLS: 3, 6
    20 temple guard, command(6 by 4 with slann)
    10 skink skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers
    3 terradons
    slamamander,extra crewman=80
    razordon, extra crewman=80

The slann will take law of beasts and try to beast cower the keeper of secrets. With my 80 poison shots the keeper will drop as soon as it gets near due to only having a 5+ wardsave.I will deploy in the centre with the templeguard in the centre flanked by the skinks and with some skinks in the centre. I will position the skinks so he will have to charge them with the keeper instead of any of the engines. Also remember the engines do d6 str 5 now.My opponent can't really hurt me with any of his units excluding the one that will die as soon as it gets in blowpipe range.Also he only has 6 dice and no scrolls vs my 18 power dice so if he wants to stop beast cowers then pretty much all my other magic will get through.

His magic will not go off due to 10 dispel dice+ steal 6's+ 2 scrolls and as I have mentioned before he can't really hurt me in combat with str 3 and no shooting means he has run out of phases. Don't forget everything important ignores fear and has ld 9 stubburn with cold blooded and re rolls from the bsb.

Kroxigor01 (Army 1):

Your opponent will be Kroxigor01 with this list:

Keeper of Secrets - Level 4, Soul Hunger, Tormentor Blade, Siren Song, Soporific Musk SPELLS: 1, 3, 4, 6

Herald of Slaanesh - Level 1, Allure of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Steed of Slaanesh, BSB (Greater Icon of Despair) 315 SPELLS: 1

Herald of Slaanesh - Level 1, Many Armed Monstrosity, Steed of Slaanesh SPELLS: 1

Herald of Slaanesh - Level 1, Many Armed Monstrosity, Steed of Slaanesh SPELLS: 1

Daemonettes - 17, Full Command (7 wide, rank bonus of 3 with herald)

Daemonettes - 17, Full Command

Daemonettes - 17, Full Command

Furies - 5

Furies - 5

Furies - 5

Fiends of Slaanesh - 2

Fiends of Slaanesh - 2

NO TACTICS SUBMITTED

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS!

Last edited by Rising Leviathan; April 6th, 2010 at 23:17.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Damn. I misjudged how long I had to submit tactics. I them half written but it wouldn't be fair to post them now (and they wouldn't make sense without me doing a deployment and first 2 turns diagram to go along with them). Good luck Hiema!

The slann will take law of beasts and try to beast cower the keeper of secrets
    The Keeper is technically a character and not a monster so cannot be effected by the spell.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; April 6th, 2010 at 01:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    Damn. I misjudged how long I had to submit tactics. I had it half written but it wouldn't be fair to add now (and useless without me doing a deployment and first 2 turns diagram). Good luck Hiema!

The Keeper is technically a character and not a monster so cannot be effected by the spell.
    True, but that wasn't going to make it or break it anyways. Fiends are a better target if you were going to try to do any shenanigans there... Would have picked Light instead seeing as you HAVE to come to him, but whatever's clever...

For me it is the plethora of poisoned shots, coupled with the three engines that spell this one out, tactics or not you have to get pretty lucky with a frail demon list to survive all of that.

Heimagoblin
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The beast cowers won't work? I have to assume that the lizardman player would go into the match thinking it would, judging by his tactics (I've certainly see that situation come up enough), and when it didn't work, that would allow the daemons player to get the jump on him. The skinks aren't going to get much shooting off before they're thrust into close combat, and at that point the match will wind up being engines vs everything else.

It'll be close, but I gotta give the edge to the daemons.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

The skinks aren't going to get much shooting off before they're thrust into close combat
    Quoted for truth. The slaneshi daemons are going to run through the skinks like crap through a goose, not to mention eating the salamander and razordon PDQ. The sheer speed of slanesh will see to that. After that, it's three engines and a large nasty block of temple guard against basically the whole daemon army...gotta hand it to chaos. Magic won't be the deciding factor here, speed and melee power will.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I just don't see the Demons being able to get through all the poison shots plus 3 Burning Alignment/turn. Lizards will have free reign in the magic phase to start and then Burning Alignment. The speed of the Demons will help get them across and into CC quickly but I don't see them having enough when they get there. Lizards, but just barely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Not enough to hold up the daemon speed and hitting power. Cold blooded is great but fear is better. Daemons.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

After abit of thinking Im gonna switch that vote to Daemons.. Heima might get 1 round of magic, but as soon as Kroxigor gets his turn he will move into position to Siren Song the Stegs - sniping their priests with ASF. This will greatly halt the lizard offensive and make the oncoming demonshordes that much more effective.
    Last edited by Tashin; April 7th, 2010 at 07:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

288 (x6)

Edited out.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; April 6th, 2010 at 15:01.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Also edited out.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; April 6th, 2010 at 16:17.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast