VW VW Round 6, Match 3 - Glavas vs. Null_Sheen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

VW Round 6, Match 3 - Glavas vs. Null_Sheen

MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1244969818

Glavas (Army 1):

Dreadlord
    Black dragon
    Deathpiercer
    Armor of Eternal Servitude
    Pendant of Kaeleth
    Seadragon cloak

Master
    Cold one
    Crimson death
    Ring of Hotek
    Heavy Armour
    Seadragon cloak

Sorceress SPELLS: 1
    Dark steed
    Dispel scroll
    Dispel scroll

Core

Dark riders x 5
    Repeater Xbows
    Musician

Dark riders x 5
    Repeater Xbows
    Musician

Dark riders x 5
    Repeater Xbows
    Musician

Dark riders x 5
    Repeater Xbows
    Musician

Dark riders x 5
    Repeater Xbows
    Musician

Dark riders x 5
    Repeater Xbows
    Musician

Harpies x 5

Special

Cold one knights x 5
    Musician

Cold one knights x 5
    Musician

Cold one knights x 6
    Musician

Rare

Reaper Bolt thrower

Reaper Bolt thrower

Reaper Bolt thrower

Reaper Bolt thrower

Deployment will be pretty predictable. 4 x RBT on the hill next to them, keeping them within the ring's range. Dark riders in front of the CoK. . Harpies central so they can deal with the marauder horsies or warhounds that make it too close. Master with the CoK. Lord + dragon behind the building.

I have first turn. RBT's will and eliminate as many chaos knights as possible. Dragon will move forward keeping behind those buildings. Dark riders to unload as much firepower into the marching marauders.

The following turn, Rinse, lather and repeat. the dragon can take down a chariot/unit of knights on a second turn charge. Dark rider fire to kill more marauders. All my cavalry will move up slightly to get range with Xbows while still maintaining ring's range on the RBT's.

With the anvils and blocks gone only the hellcannons remain. they'll get a turn or 2 of shooting at my dragon but I should be able to survive it. Dragon will then charge one cannon. there is 15 CoK there to charge the other one. Not to mention RBT's. ALso, some shooting to take care of the disc'd sorcerer.

The way I see it, his army simply too slow and lacking in shooting to do a large amount of damage to me while my shooting (aided with the first turn + RBT's on a hill) will hurt from turn 1.

Cheers! Good luck!

Null_Sheen (Army 2):

Sorcerer, lvl 2, MoN, Infernal Puppet, Enchanted Shield, Steed <general> 206pts SPELLS: 3, 5
    Sorcerer, Lvl 2, MoT, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll, Steed 206pts SPELLS: 1, 4 + (Fire) 2
    Sorcerer, Lvl 1, MoT, Rod of Torment, Bloodcurdling Roar, Disc of Tzeentch 190 pts SPELLS: 5
    Exalted Champion, BSB, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Sword of Might, Favor of the Gods, Shield, Steed 196pts

20 Marauders, MoS, Full Command, Light Armour, Shield 150 pts
    20 Marauders, MoS, Full Command, Light Armour, Shield 150 pts
    5 Marauder Horse, MoS, Muso 81 pts
    5 Marauder Horse, MoS, Muso 81 pts
    5 Warhounds 30 pts
    5 Warhounds 30pts

5 Chaos Knights, Banner of Rage 255 pts
    5 Chaos Knights, MoS, Warbanner 255 pts
    1 Chaos Chariot, MoS 130 pts
    1 Chaos Chariot, MoS 130 pts

1 Hellcannon 205 pts
    1 Hellcannon 205 pts

NO TACTICS SUBMITTED

VOTING ENDS IN 48 HOURS!

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I think first turn, hills, combined with the list itself is going to spell victory for the Dark Elves...again with the no tactics...

Sad face supreme.

Still though I don't think the slow advance is going to have enough when it gets across the table to take this one. I mean there could be a lucky Hellcannon shot, or shots, but even so, I don't think that is quite enough.

Glavas should take this one.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Where multiple small units were a liability against my casket of souls (which affects all units able to see it), they're an advantage against hellcannons, in the sense that the damage potential is limited, and it won't take much scatter at all to miss completely. Other than the hellcannons, the chaos force has two chariots and two units of knights that should concern the DE. With a dragonlord, three units of COKs, and the RBTs to work with, it'll quickly turn into a rout.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Chaos Warriors are really good at moving quickly and breaking blocks of troops. I think Glavas is underestimating their ability to do the first, but their ability to do the second will have little to no impact on the DE. Nullsheen would have to exploit an opening/mistake, and based on the tactics, I don't think Glavas is going to make one. I think he's just going to backpedal and shoot until there's nothing left. With no tactics to prove otherwise, I have to assume the plan will work.

Victory for Dark Elves.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I hate having to vote against an army I play, but I dont think the WoC can withstand that much shooting. Bad matchup for the Chaos. DE to win.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Nope. Null_sheen really has no chance here, especially since he's gonna go last. The RBTs will already have decimated his army before he even starts to move. He could have made some tactical moves to avoid this, but sadly enough theres no tactics submitted. Easy win for DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    Where multiple small units were a liability against my casket of souls (which affects all units able to see it), they're an advantage against hellcannons, in the sense that the damage potential is limited, and it won't take much scatter at all to miss completely. Other than the hellcannons, the chaos force has two chariots and two units of knights that should concern the DE. With a dragonlord, three units of COKs, and the RBTs to work with, it'll quickly turn into a rout.
    Personally, i've seen on multiple occasions what two chaos chariots and two units of knights can do to a dark elf army, that along with the hellcannons gives this to WoC for me.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x3)

I have to give thsi to DE. Concentrated shooting will ruin the the chaos units that can actually hurt the elves. The elves aren't that bad come combat time either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

For a moment I was a little confused by these votes as it seemed the WOC had some good screening units to avoig the worst of the shooting for the 1st coupld turns, but then i looked at the map, and theres a big sodding hill. DE should dominate this match from the off.
    ( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )( :cake: )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

The Dark Elves are just too fast and pack too much shooting for the Warriors to cope.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast