VW 8th ed votewar: Round 2: Match 2: DavidWC09 vs No1cafc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

8th ed votewar: Round 2: Match 2: DavidWC09 vs No1cafc

Hi,
    This is a battle line on this map:
    http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1309/map1me.jpg

DavidWC09 is deploying on the left.
    No1cafc won the roll off for first turn 6-4 and goes first.

Lists and tactics:

DavidWC09:

WoC List
    Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch, lvl 4, general, Chaos Steed, Blood of Tzeentch, Crown of Command, Talisman of Endurance rolled: 4,6,5,1
    Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, BSB, Chaos Steed, Favour of the Gods, Charmed Shield, Collar of Khorne, Golden Sigil Sword

24 Warriors of Tzeentch, full command, rapturous standard
    8 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch, full command, blasted standard
    1 warshrine
    1 hellcannon
    5 warhounds
    5 warhounds
    5 horsemen of slaanesh, musician, light armor, flails

Here's to a good match with No1cafc!

This is a full steam ahead scenario for my Chaos army.

He's likely to put his archmage in a unit of seaguard and start hexing my two powerhouse units, looking to soften them up with shooting before combat ensues.

My smaller number of units is an advantage on a very crowded battlefield. He will have a hard time getting to me with all his units. If his phoenix guard and knights come out to play, that's to my advantage as I escape his shooting sooner and will combats against those units, even if suffering some hexes.

On the "top" side of the river, my knights, with sorcerer lord and bsb, will deploy. Even if my movement or toughness is lowered, 1+ armor and 4+ vs. shooting will see them safely into combat. This is as close to the middle as they can get. The knights can fight whatever's directly across from them or swing left or right once they're past the bridge.

On the "bottom" side of the river, the warriors will deploy, screened by both units of the hounds. The hounds will give the warriors hard cover and stacked two deep, he must kill both units before getting to shoot at the warriors behind. This will see the warriors across to close combat.

Pendulum and pit are not terribly threatening against my High Initiative troops. I will have to save dispel dice for Okkam's mindrazor is he takes that spell. Even with Withering, I still have armor and ward saves.

And if he has indeed been working on the two big units, my hell cannon and warshrine will be untouched. At toughness 6, he will have a hard time wounding them regardless. Warshrine will look to buff the knights since the BSB there has favour of the gods. If warriors end up in combat with phoenix guard, they need a buff. Hellcannon will deploy across from one unit of seaguard as that's the sort of unit that it can handle on its own with str 5 attacks followed by thunderstomps.

Horsemen will use terrain to give themselves hard cover against his shooting or stay out of LoS against his shooting. They will look to advance under cover to his warmachines.

My lord will look too dump all his dice on two spells, depending on the winds of magic. First, I will use Treason of Tzeentch on the unit bunkering his wizard. If it's seaguard, they will die fast. If it's Phoenix guard where he's housed the archmage, then I'll dump all the dice on gateway, looking to blast them. If my dice pool is big enough, I'll look to cast both spells on the archmage's unit.

I predict that my horsemen and hounds will die while the remaining units will kill more than they lose, giving me the advantage in VPs.

No1cafc:

High Elves - Protectors of Dawn

Lords-360
    Archmage (Shadow) rolled: 1,3,4,1
    -Lv4
    -Book of Hoeth 360

Heroes-202
    Noble BSB
    -Banner of the World Dragon
    -Barded Steed
    -Full Armour
    -Great Weapon 202

Core-606
    21 Sea Guard
    -F/C
    -Fire 308

21 Sea Guard
    -F/C 298

Special-730
    21 Phoenix Guard
    -F/C
    -Std Sorcery 390

9 Dragon Princes
    -Full Command
    -Banner of Swiftness
    -Potion of Foolhardiness 340

Rare-100
    Eagle
    Eagle

Total-1998

No tactics yet. No1cafc has until this evening to send them in.

Voting open.
    Match will run until early saturday morning.
    Please remember to vote in bold.
    Good luck guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Davids tactics seem fine and dandy and although No1cafc hasnt yet put tacs in or they haev gone missing. im going to have to vote foe davidWC09 as i cant see the elves being able to cuase enough damage out side of magic to hurt the warriors even with hitting 1st some shooting. sorry No1.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

This is why I feel it's important to always have two spellcasters. You need at least 2-3 different offensive spells, each effective at different types of targets, because shadow magic alone isn't going to do that much against chaos warriors. It'll do 'alright', but it won't be enough to whittle them down before they charge directly into the front lines.

Chaos Warriors will win, through superior cheesy might. ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

It's a shame we don't have No1's tactic. Is there any chance of him still submitting them, or is he over the deadline? I do see at least a good chance for the HE to take this, I'm just not sure if I should put out my vote based on how I would play this.
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

I've been a bit busy the fast few days, even if I can submit some tactics I won't since I've already seen David's so it wouldn't be fair.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by no1cafc View Post
    I've been a bit busy the fast few days, even if I can submit some tactics I won't since I've already seen David's so it wouldn't be fair.
    Okay then - based on how I'd play this game, i'll go with High Elves. Both David and the people saying there's not enough hit in the HE's list, severely underestimate the mindrazor (which the arch mage, based on double 1's can take). "Saving some Dispel dice" isn't going to help much, against a book mage, that can practically force IF, being the only one to use up all the fancy power dice. Given David is going to rush, and even hoping for the elves to move, there's no way to keep the Dp's from charging the chaos knights. There's also nothing the Warriors can do about an IF mindrazor, meaning in the second turn, the Chaosknights are going to be hit by 18 Asf S10 (!) Attacks, which will according to mathhammer, wipe out the Knights and kill off the bsb, leaving only the sorcerer alive (Who will, with combat resolution being two digits in favor of the high elves, most likely leg it, without a real chance of getting away). At this point, the WoC would be left without general, without Bsb, and at a ~1000 Vp disadvantage, with a unit of roided up Dragonprinces in the back of their remaining army. The Only things that could prevent this outcome would be an extremely lucky shot of the hellcannon (which according to tactics will march) and rolling a 11 or twelve on the eotg table first turn. So that's one sixth of a chance of not having practically lost the game before he get's to move a second time.
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Chaos warriors take it 2-1.
    Cheers for your votes.

Closed Thread