VW 8th ed votewar: Round 4 Match 3: PsychoticVampire vs Pinkus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

8th ed votewar: Round 4 Match 3: PsychoticVampire vs Pinkus

PsychoticVampire vs Pinkus

Fighting for blood and glory on this map: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1340/map4.jpg

Psychotic vampire is deploying on the left.

Spells are marked in red.

Psychotic vampire’s list:

PsychoticVampire Belasco’s Butchers

Belasco was once a mercenary captain in Tilea, famous even in that land of traitors and tyrants for his willingness to commit any atrocity for money and switch to any side for a price. It is easy to see then how his company gained the name “Belasco’s Butchers”, and why his former employers mockingly nicknamed him “Betrayer”.
    Despite this, he gained contract after contract, as so fearsome was the reputation of his company that often the mere sight of their black and red tunics led to mass desertion among those opposing them.
    The secret of their reputation was Belasco’s insistence on strict discipline and brutal methods of enforcement, it was said that his men would charge daemons rather than face his wrath.
    No one is sure how Belasco became a vampire, though some say he demanded the blood kiss in payment for defending a sylvanian castle from the empire; but all know that his army is more deadly than ever and that his fees have risen.
    Belasco’s army is much as it was when he was alive, his elite troops now wights, his men at arms now zombies, although those that have seen them in action remark that even the zombies seem to march with a discipline unlike the shambling hordes of their kin. Belasco is a warrior and a general, not a mage, so to keep his army animated, he has hired two vampiric mages from the north, the secretive twins Kern and Hoss.

Lords
    • Vampire Lord Belasco the Betrayer
    Red Fury
    Infinite Hatred
    Sword of Anti-heroes
    Talisman of Preservation
    The Flayed Hauberk
    380 points
    Level 2, Lore of Vampires – spells 4,1
    Notes: 2+Armour Save, 4+Ward Save, Hatred in every round, Gets an extra attack for every wound caused, +1 Strength and +1 Attack for every hero in contact with his unit.
    Heroes
    • Vampire Kern
    Forbidden Lore
    135 points
    Level 1, Loremaster, Whole Lore of Vampires
    • Vampire Hoss
    Forbidden Lore
    135 points
    Level 1, Loremaster, Whole Lore of Vampires
    Core
    • 61 Zombies
    Standard Bearer
    252 points
    Notes: Instead of pursuing, do D6 S2 hits for every rank on fleeing enemy.
    • 60 Zombies
    Standard Bearer
    248 points
    Notes: Instead of pursuing, do D6 S2 hits for every rank on fleeing enemy.
    Special
    • 20 Grave Guard
    Champion
    Standard
    264 points
    Notes: Killing blow.
    • 20 Grave Guard
    Champion
    Standard
    264 points
    Notes: Killing blow.
    • 24 Grave Guard
    Champion
    Standard
    Banner of Hellfire
    322 points
    Notes: Killing blow, magical flaming attacks.

Spells: Lord has raise-dead and curse-of-years.
    Deployment:
    • 20-man grave-guard at the top of the board, at the front of my deployment zone, vampire in unit.
    • 20-man grave-guard next to them, vampire in unit.
    • 24-man grave-guard next to them, lord in unit.
    • Both units of zombies next to them.
    Tactics:
    • All units start at top of board, moving onto the temle of skulls and all 3 grave-guard champions embracing the chaos gods every turn they start on the temple, with a 5/6 chance of getting d3 to a random stat, hopefully they will get strength or attacks, although toughness, wounds or WS would be good too, these are cumulative and permanent, so once a champion gets a good stat increase I will stop trying, and if they die, I will raise them up ASAP.
    • Early magic: My vampires will cast two gaze-of-nagash’s per turn, at the marauder horsemen until they die, this should be after 2 or 3 sucessful casts, taking the sorcerer if he is in the unit too, this will give me an early banner, leaving just 3 points till he breaks.
    • I will then focus on destroying the warriors, feeding both units of zombies to the knights to hold them for the game.
    • I will throw all three units of grave-guard into the warriors, if they have the lord and bsb in, all I have to do is kill them and I win the game. The lord will focus on killing the unit, as will the vampires, while my hopefully stats-boosted champions will accept the challenges his heroes have to give, hopefully either killing blowing them or having high wounds or toughness to lock them in the challenge, or having high strength to negate saves. With flanks and if possible rear, and numbers, killing blows, and the vampires, the unit should go down before his knights break free of the zombies to help.
    • If his general is not in the unit however, I will throw a few gazes at him, one or two should kill him even with a 4+ward against it.
    • Magic in combat: I will support the combat with summon-undead hordes and vanhels’.
    • Dispelling: I will focus on dispelling pit of shades and miasma (if on the grave-guard) at a distance, and when in combat I will focus on dispelling mindrazor and miasma.

Pinkus’ list:

Pinkus's 2000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Army

Sorcerer Lord @ 340.0 Pts
    General; Lore of Shadow; Magic Level 4; - spells 6,3,3,2
    Collar of Khorne - MR2 + 6+ Ward
    Iron Curse Icon - Grants bearer and unit a 6+ ward against war machines
    Infernal Puppet - May modify any miscast result by D3
    Charmed Shield - Shield, one use only, on a 2+ ignore first hit

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 215.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Halberd; Battle Standard
    Talisman of Preservation - 4+ ward (3+ with tzeentch)
    Favour of the Gods - May modify an Eye of the Gods roll by +/-1
    Barded Chaos Steed

Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh @ 200.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2 – spells 5,1
    Power Familiar - Adds 1 power die to pool
    Third Eye of Tzeentch - May use any wizards spells in line of sight instead of his own
    Steed of Slaanesh - Fast Cav

17 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 330.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Shield; Standard; Musician
    Rapturous Standard - Any break test with a result of doubles or 1 die showing a 1 counts as insane courage.

14 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 252.0 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Light Armour; Standard; Musician

6 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 290.0 Pts
    Mark of Tzeentch; Ensorcelled Weapons;
    Standard; Musician
    Blasted Standard - 5+ ward against shooting (4+ ward with tzeentch)

Chaos Warshrine
    No Mark

Hellcannon

No tactis submitted...

Voting is now open.
    Matches are running until wednesday morning.
    please vote in bold.
    Good luck.

Last edited by andre; November 1st, 2010 at 16:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

VC. There's a damned lot of them and even chaos warriors will get pulled apart by the vampires.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    VC. There's a damned lot of them and even chaos warriors will get pulled apart by the vampires.
    Please do not vote yet
    Pinkus has until monday lunchtime to send in tactics.
    Cheers.

I think you should hold off chief.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

He'd better have a pretty freaking fantastic plan up his sleeve.

I have exams pending- if I don't come back and alter this after he's posted tactics then please assume I stuck with my current vote.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Mmhmm.. the chaos warriors might hack their way through with wild abandon ( which is hard for the infantry warriors though, without halberds ), I think they will hit a slight snag against killing blow. While graveguard could have a hard time getting through the armour of the chaos knights, killing blow can save them a load of work. That is killing blow effectiveness at it's finest, against hugely expensive troops with high saves.

I agree with TPM, the plan better be good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x3)

Voting is now open...
    No tactics yet from pinkus...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I shed a tear for voting against Chaos. I'm sure Pinkus would have some clever tactics, but without them, I have to go VC. Not knowing how the Warriors would deal with the Grave Guard and enemy magic leaves me stuck voting for the Vampire Counts.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

vc

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x3)

Im struggling to see a way for the Warriors to cut through the horde infront of them without getting killing blowed. VC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I would've loved to know what Pinkus planned to do with his knights and marauders, as Psychotic Vampire didn't seem to plan for them. Without tactics, I have to assume they just charge into combat, where they'll quickly get locked down. It'll be a slow grind, but I think VC would ultimately come out on top.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast