VW 8th ed votewar: Round 5, match 2: Andre vs PsychoticVampire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

8th ed votewar: Round 5, match 2: Andre vs PsychoticVampire

Round 5:
    Andre vs PsychoticVampire
    Are fighting a battleline on this map: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8165/map2b.jpg

Spells are marked in red.
    Psychotic vampire is deploying on the left.
    Andre is praying so PsychoticVampire goes first.

Andre’s list:
    2k bretonnian host

Lord – 231
    - Barded warhorse, virtue of heroism, armour of agilulf, heartwood lance
    BSB paladin – 132
    - Barded warhorse, virtue of duty, sword of might, questing vow
    Damsel – 169
    - Level 2, lore of life, chalice of malfluer, ruby goblet – spells 5 and 2

12 knights of the realm – 337
    - Full command, war banner
    6 knights of the realm – 168
    - Full command
    12 questing kinghts – 360
    - Full command
    3 pegasus knights – XXX
    6 grail knights – 258
    - Full command
    Trebuchet
    Trebuchet

Total: 2000

Gaah, look at all the killing blow… Lets get praying…
    I’ll deploy slightly back as I might as well make use of advantage at range. I’ll set the trebuchets in the bottom left corner on the other side of the river. In order to get at this he’d have to commit atleast a vampire and an infantry unit (cause otherwise they’d be too slow. Both trebuchets will target the larger unit of graveguard and pound them to dust (hopefully… actually against all those large infantry units it’ll be difficult for them to miss). The damsel will set up with the small knights of the realm unit, next to the wizards tower, granting her access to dwellers, this will be used, with 6 dice, to murder those zombie road blocks. The Pegasus knights will try to assassinate one of the normal vampires (setting up, 2 in front one behind, to maximise attacks on a single, central model i.e. the vampire), they’d start in front of the trebuchets. The lord will go with the big knights of the realm unit and try to match up against the vampire lord, should be a good duel. The BSB will go with the questing knights. Both of the big lances will deploy to the right of the tower to stop the vc units occupying those buildings. The grail knights will run free, seeking targets of opportunity, but they might go after the other vampire too.
    So, er yeah, that’s kind of a plan I guess. If my lord can kill his I should win. If he can’t then it’s still do able. I think my trebuchets will really tip the balance in this one, removing the staying power of the VC line and letting my knights charge in and take the glory…. Maybe…

Psychoticvampire’s list:

PsychoticVampire Belasco’s Butchers

Belasco was once a mercenary captain in Tilea, famous even in that land of traitors and tyrants for his willingness to commit any atrocity for money and switch to any side for a price. It is easy to see then how his company gained the name “Belasco’s Butchers”, and why his former employers mockingly nicknamed him “Betrayer”.
    Despite this, he gained contract after contract, as so fearsome was the reputation of his company that often the mere sight of their black and red tunics led to mass desertion among those opposing them.
    The secret of their reputation was Belasco’s insistence on strict discipline and brutal methods of enforcement, it was said that his men would charge daemons rather than face his wrath.
    No one is sure how Belasco became a vampire, though some say he demanded the blood kiss in payment for defending a sylvanian castle from the empire; but all know that his army is more deadly than ever and that his fees have risen.
    Belasco’s army is much as it was when he was alive, his elite troops now wights, his men at arms now zombies, although those that have seen them in action remark that even the zombies seem to march with a discipline unlike the shambling hordes of their kin. Belasco is a warrior and a general, not a mage, so to keep his army animated, he has hired two vampiric mages from the north, the secretive twins Kern and Hoss.

Lords
    • Vampire Lord Belasco the Betrayer
    Red Fury
    Infinite Hatred
    Sword of Anti-heroes
    Talisman of Preservation
    The Flayed Hauberk
    380 points
    Level 2, Lore of Vampires – spells 5 and 3
    Notes: 2+Armour Save, 4+Ward Save, Hatred in every round, Gets an extra attack for every wound caused, +1 Strength and +1 Attack for every hero in contact with his unit.
    Heroes
    • Vampire Kern
    Forbidden Lore
    135 points
    Level 1, Loremaster, Whole Lore of Vampires
    • Vampire Hoss
    Forbidden Lore
    135 points
    Level 1, Loremaster, Whole Lore of Vampires
    Core
    • 61 Zombies
    Standard Bearer
    252 points
    Notes: Instead of pursuing, do D6 S2 hits for every rank on fleeing enemy.
    • 60 Zombies
    Standard Bearer
    248 points
    Notes: Instead of pursuing, do D6 S2 hits for every rank on fleeing enemy.
    Special
    • 20 Grave Guard
    Champion
    Standard
    264 points
    Notes: Killing blow.
    • 20 Grave Guard
    Champion
    Standard
    264 points
    Notes: Killing blow.
    • 24 Grave Guard
    Champion
    Standard
    Banner of Hellfire
    322 points
    Notes: Killing blow, magical flaming attacks.

Here are my tactics, and good luck to you too Andre, and congrats on the votewar so far.

Spells: Lord has gaze-of-nagash and wind-of-undeath.
    Deployment:
    � 20-man grave-guard at the top of the board, at the front of my deployment zone, vampire in unit.
    � 24-man grave-guard next to them, lord in unit.
    � 20-man grave-guard next to them, vampire in unit.
    � Both units of zombies at the very bottom edge of the board, at the front of the deployment zone.
    Tactics:
    � The grave guard will rush to garrison the three buildings, marching 1st turn, then moving in next turn. It looks like 6 inches to the watchtower and 11 or 12 inches to the other two, so this should be possible, especially since the brets have no infantry to garrison them 1st, and since I am deploying behind the buildings, they wont be able to charge me before I get in.
    � The lord�s unit will take the tower and the other units will take the other two, they should then be able to hold them for the rest of the game, as without lances, barding or horses knights tend to have trouble in combat against grave guard, as they have only a 5+ save against the grave guard�s strength 4, and none at all against their killing blow. They need 4s to hit me and 5s to wound, and I get a 4+ save and parry.
    � So I should have no problem winning combats with few casualties unless there are characters in the unit.
    � In combat, only grave-guard and my lord will fight, he will have little trouble beating any ten models put against him, as only 5 can hit him, and only the great-weapons or characters have any real chance of wounding him, so he wont fight if there are great-weapons or more than 1 character in the unit.
    � I will put the maximum 5 models on any characters in combat , hoping for killing blows.
    � Magic: I will cast wind-of-undeath 2-3 times a turn, unless a grave-guard drop below 12, then I will cast summon-undead-horde and invocation until all units are fully healed. I will cast gaze-of-nagash if I have any spare dice or the damsel comes into LOS (should kill her), the winds will hopefully kill the trebuchets eventually, and keep whittling down the knights.
    � Zombies huddle behind river denying points.
    � Dispel: I will throw all dispel dice at dwellers, or flesh-to-stone if in combat.

Match will run until Wednesday evening.
    Please vote in bold.
    Good luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I don't think that Andre can deal with the Grave Guard getting into the buildings at the top of the map. Of course, Andre could ignore them and go for the zombies instead, but he doesn't account for that. Instead, it comes down to combat.

If it does indeed come down to those combats, then Psychotic Vampire has the edge.

Vampire Counts
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

EDIT

Sorry, I misunderstood the building rules. After double checking, I now see that there isn't really a way for the Brets to pull them out. They probably shouldn't have tried, instead aiming for everything else in the army.

Vampire Counts will win.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; November 9th, 2010 at 14:58.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Trebuchets as template weapons just do D6 hits, right? 2d6 hits per turn can easily be dealt with by invocations. While it's unlikely that they will scatter totally off the buildings, it is feasible that it could scatter enough that the hole won't be on the building, making for lower strength hits.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWC09 View Post
    Trebuchets as template weapons just do D6 hits, right? 2d6 hits per turn can easily be dealt with by invocations. While it's unlikely that they will scatter totally off the buildings, it is feasible that it could scatter enough that the hole won't be on the building, making for lower strength hits.
    Yes he only gets 1d6 hits thanks to the broken building rules in 8th.

I have to say that this is like the match I had vs Andre.

Buildings against Brets is just too rough.

VC.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Doh! Sorry, I got my rules mixed up. I was thinking of the rules for monstrous mounts, where every model on the mount is affected when the template hits it.

Nevermind, I'll change my vote above, as I have to agree that I don't see how the Brets are going to pull them out of the building.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Vampire Counts as simple as winds = dead warmachines and Caverly Vs Building bunkerd infantry = Fail sorry andre but your just gonna feed him and make him stronger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Well , if Andre wasnt praying and was lucky enough to go first, he might have had a chance to stop the graveguards from entering the buildings, but there is no way he'll make it in time while praying, and as soon as those big blocks of graveguards are safe in the buildings the Brits will have lost the game. The unholy winds of the Vampire Counts will be enough to ensure victory.

- Tash

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x3)

Voting closed.
    Psychotic Vampire takes it 5-0.
    Andre eliminated.
    Psychotic vampire to play Esco thomson in the final eliminator.

Closed Thread