VW Round 1, Match 6 Esco Thomson vs. Murdoch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Round 1, Match 6 Esco Thomson vs. Murdoch

Map number 1
    Imageshack - img002jlp.jpg

Scenario:
    Battleline

Deployment:
    Esco top, murdoc bottom

First round:

Esco Thomson has first turn

Lord(Shield, Heartwood Lance, Dragonhelm, Opal Amulet, Virtue of Heroism)
    Prophetess(Level 4[Heavens], Warhorse, Dispel Scroll) SPELLS: Sig, 4, 5, 6
    Paladin(BSB, Sword of Battle, Armor of Agilulf, Dragonbane Gem)
    Paladin(Grail Vow, Lance, Royal Pegasus, The Grail Shield, The Other Trickster’s Shard)
    15 x Peasant Bowmen(Braziers) -
    15 x Peasant Bowmen(Braziers)
    9 x Knights Errant(Full Command, Errantry Banner)
    8 x Knights of the Realm(Full Command, Banner of the Eternal Flame)
    7 x Knights of the Realm(Full Command, Standard of Discipline)
    3 x Pegasus Knights
    2 x Trebuchet

Pegasus Knights will deploy on the right corner, between the hill and the forest, using vanguard to move up. The main goal will be to take out the Doom Divers, Spear Chukas, then Rock Lobbas and/or draw out fanatics.
    Trebuchet will deploy behind the wall, and will focus on the Bigun block, then move to Goblins.

Archers will deploy on the line to the right and left of the center hill, and if in range will shoot at war machines else abandoned their stakes to focus on war machines, as they should net 1-2 wounds a turn on them.

Knights Errant will deploy on the line to the right of the tower, near the wall and Trebuchets. They will move up and onto the hill and charge if he attempts to enter the tower.

Flaming Realm Knights will deploy with the Prophetess and stay back in cover, within 6” of the Arcane Ruins. Prophetess will take the extra channels to attempt to drop multiple Comets into the middle of his army, or nuke with Chain Lightning, utilizing Blizzard to hinder one war machine. Will try to stop Bad Moon, when possible.

Discipline Realm Knights will deploy on the left of the tower, on the line, and will try to mirror the Errant, moving onto the hill for counter charges after the ranged threats are gone.

Pegasus hero will deploy on the line, directly behind the forest to the left of the tower. He will move up the other flank, to threaten war machines, and draw out fanatics. With three wounds and 3+ armor and 4+ ward, he stands a decent shot at getting close.

I will be praying, so I do have to weather one turn of shooting, however I should be able to do that. He will have to focus on my two flying units first or they will make quick work of the war machines. Trebuchets will past the large blocks if left unchecked. Repeated Comets fueled by extra channel attempts will soften him up enough for some tactical charges. It will be costly, but by taking out his war machines and getting fanatics out, I can then move back and whittle him down/have his fanatics hit himself before charging in to mop up the leftovers.

Murdoch

Lords:
    Orc Warboss
    Additional Hand Weapon
    Talisman of Preservation
    Armour of Silvered Steel
    Night Goblin Great Shaman SPELLS: Sneaky Stabbin', Itchy Nuisance, Gork'll fix it, Night Shroud
    Level 4

Orc Big Boss
    BSB
    Great Weapon
    Shield
    Night Goblin Shaman SPELLS: Sneaky Stabbin', Gift of the Spider-God
    Level 2
    Despell Scroll
    Core:
    39 Orc Big Un's
    Full Command
    Big Un's
    Additional Hand Weapon
    40 Night Goblins
    Full Command
    Nets
    3 Fanatics
    41 Night Goblins
    Full Command
    Nets
    3 Fanatics
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Doom Diver
    Doom Diver
    Rock Lobba
    Orc Bully
    Rock Lobba
    Orc Bully

Re: VW Round 1
    Kill the Humies!!! Morks shiny stuff will shoot them deads!!

Deployment is rather straight forward, I suspect Esco will place heavily in the top right so I will position most of my warmachins to have a clear view of his movement. 2 Spear Chukkas, a Doom diver and both Rock lobbas on the far upper left of my deployment and the rest on the right, placed so that the forests don’t block LOS. The Big Un’s (with Warboss, Great Shaman and BS and a unit of Night Goblins will go left, while the other Night Goblins (with Shaman) will go right or straight, depending on his deployment.

My Great Shaman gives me a bonus PD for every spell. The spells will be used primarily to buffer the Big’uns but also to give support to the goblins when needed. Primarily the goal will be to get the Big Un’s into combat asap, using the goblins to slow him down and chew away with the fanatics. Rock Lobbas will target the bowman, Doom Divers will Target the Knights, and Spear Chukkas will flip between the Pegasus nights, Trebuchets and knights of the realm, depending on threat level.

Votes are to be placed in bold or CAPS, and voting will end in 72 Hours.

Regards,

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to vote Brets They'll hit the war machines with the pegasi or at least hold them up for long enough that the peasants can have a go whilst in turn the trebuchets will negate the Orcs number advantage. Close run thing though.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

113 (x3)

I think the coin toss would hae to go to the orcs wile i disagree with how he picked his targets for his war masiens i still feel he has a big advantage. Really this game would come down to who charged who and even then i don't thing the brets have the numbers or attacks to break the big blocks or survive prolonged combats. My vote is for the ORCS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote is going to the Orcs . Based on my own experience, spear chukkas, doom divers and fanatics are the death of knights.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Hard one to call, and if Murdoch had said 'Doom Divers to take aim at the Pegasus Knights' then it would be a much easier decision... especially as his Shamans are pretty poor...

Yes, NG Shamans get their Mushroom Dice, but their spells aren't nearly destructive enough to make them viable as an offensive option... Lore of Heavens isn't overly inspiring either... Comet can cause trouble, but there's so many things that have to happen before it actually lands... Chain lightening causes concern at S6, 1/3rd of the time it wounds war machines...

Because of the deployment of O&G war machines and the threat the Pegasus Knights cause them and their ability to draw out Fanatics, I'm going to go for Bretonnians
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I like the focus of the brets on the warmachines, I think they can destroy them before the do serious damage, you don't often see brets using a hang back and magic them strategy, but I think the comets can do enough damage, and the brets can stay on the run long enough to win.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

right...

this is going to be a massacre!
    The pegasus unit and pegasus hero AND the archer units all have the perfect positions to counter the deployed greenskin artillery.
    The Trebuchets will be a big threat to the 3 units that the orcs have. and the comet is simply the bane of this immobile artillery army, forcing them to move or die. Fanatics will do great work against the knights, but they will not do a whole lot against all those ward saves and even a 2+ armour save is still a 5+ against fanatics.

The orcs are outgunned because the artillery will be decimated. A matter of time before they are also outnumbered by the knights.

Vote
    Bretonnia wins
    Last edited by Digger; May 2nd, 2011 at 15:36.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I'm giving this to the Orcs. Their artillery is numerous and will have time to take effect. They have 2 shooting phases before any knights or pegasus (pegasus have to go through fanatics anyway) can start killing them. The Bowmen suck, if they are really lucky they will kill 1 Chucka a turn. 4 Chuckas, 2 Lobbas and 2 Divers will deal a not insignificant amount of damage to the Knight Buses,

I don't think it will be decisive, but I think in the bloody mess at the end the Orcs will have picked up more victory points.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x4)

This ends in a 4-3 victory to the brets.

Regards,
    Last edited by Rising Leviathan; May 3rd, 2011 at 20:24.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

+ Reply to Thread