VW Round 2 , Match 1 No1cafc vs. Murdoch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Round 2 , Match 1 No1cafc vs. Murdoch

Scenario:
    Dawn attack

Map:
    Map number 11

Deployment:
    No1cafc left, Murdoch right

First round:
    No1cafc has first round

no1cafc

Archmage Lv4 (Death) SPELLS: 1, 2, 3, 5
    -Vortex Shard

Mage Lv2 (Shadow) SPELLS: 4, 6
    -Seerstaff

Noble BSB
    -Dawnstone
    -Dragonhelm
    -Amulet of Light
    -Barded Steed
    -Heavy Armour, Shield
    -Great Weapon

30 Archers
    -Full Command
    -Banner of Eternal Flame
    14 Archers
    -Musician
    9 Silver Helms
    -Shields
    -Full Command
    9 Dragon Princes
    -Musician, Standard
    -Banner of Sorcery
    Tiranoc Chariot
    2 Eagles

No tactics submitted

Murdoch

Lords:
    Orc Warboss
    Additional Hand Weapon
    Talisman of Preservation
    Armour of Silvered Steel
    Night Goblin Great Shaman
    Level 4

Orc Big Boss
    BSB
    Great Weapon
    Shield
    Night Goblin Shaman
    Level 2
    Despell Scroll
    Core:
    39 Orc Big Un's
    Full Command
    Big Un's
    Additional Hand Weapon
    40 Night Goblins
    Full Command
    Nets
    3 Fanatics
    41 Night Goblins
    Full Command
    Nets
    3 Fanatics
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Doom Diver
    Doom Diver
    Rock Lobba
    Orc Bully
    Rock Lobba
    Orc Bully

Great Shaman will have: Signature spell, 4, 5, 6
    Shaman has: 1, 2

Dem weird elfs ar out to git us, lets git em first!

Deployment:
    Dawn attack....well...that makes for some random deployment. However, for what it's worth, here is the intended plan. High Elves have a lot of LOS blocking terrain in their deployment, not good for shooting armies. Since he is setting up first, I will hope to be able to place my Doom Divers within LOS of his knights, Rock Lobbers in LOS with his Archers and Spear Chuckas in LOS towards his Eagles and possibly Knights. Ors will Deploy in the middle or heading towards his Archers w/heros. Goblins will hopefully go on either side, heading towards knights then archers in a long formation to take advantage of steadfast and the netters.

Strategy:
    He may have the magic but I have Mork! (and possibly some war machines). The Eagles could be a problem as they are my shiny stuff hunters and could set off my fanatics. Spear Chuckas will have them as a primary target, and Doom divers will pitch in if necessary, they must die. Doom divers will then target whichever knight is a bigger threat though the dragon princes 2 attacks will be a primary target. Rock lobbers will work on taking out his larger block of archers, whittling it down before my orcs smash them. Fanatics will try to take a good chuck out of the knights before I beat them with sheer numbers.

Magic:
    Gork'll fix it will make him reroll all 6's in to hit, wound and armor saves, this will be useful in messing around with his shooting. Night shroud will give me soft cover from his shooting and my ultimate goal would be to cast a beefed up curse of da bad moon, using toughness/strength (3). With 7 dice and a level 4 this should not be to hard with some luck. At best he his one less dice and only +1 more for army rules.

Voting closes in 72 hours.

Regards,

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

The Eagles could be a problem as they are my shiny stuff hunters and could set off my fanatics. Spear Chuckas will have them as a primary target, and Doom divers will pitch in if necessary, they must die.
    If he wants to do that it will be so. He has first turn. Instead (or as well as) of using shooting you should deploy the fanatic units as far to the front as possible. Then at least you can put the fanatics out advantageously.

High elves lose in combat. They cannot break the big units, and they will be wittled down after the initial charge.

High elves lose in shooting. Rock lobba on archer block = lol. Chukkas shoot at chariot. Divers knights. Meanwhile the archers can kill 2 warmachines a turn at most. Good luck.

Magic is indecisive. Unfortunately few armies can win on the back of magic alone. High elf magic is good for buffing when the army is constructed right, this on isn't.

Greenskins.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; May 8th, 2011 at 15:25.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Seems like Murdoch has taken quite a few things into consideration in this match up. Would have been great with some tactics from the elves tho... Ah well.. Greenskins ftw!

- Tash

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

elven archers being outnumbered 3-1 is bad enough on its own...throw in a boatload of warmachines...it's gonna be a bad day for the point-ears! The two units of heavy cav would have been nasty in 7th edition...not so much in 8th...I'd be interested to see HE tactics, but I think they'd be a sideshow. I can't see a way for them to beat the greenskins. Drawing out the fanatics with the eagles would be neat, but it wouldn't be enough...you'd still have to face 120 O&G with 44 shooty troops and a pair of non-disrupting (including the one that gets the noble, by the time the doomdivers do their work) cavalry squadrons.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320 (x8)

Good shooting, a solid magic strategy and enough troops to have a chance of holding a cavalry charge. The beefed up vortex will be the last straw and make this a solid Greenskin victory

maybe good use of having the first turn could turn the tide, but we'll never know i guess =(
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

O&G To be honest i don't think i can in good conciseness tear apart the HE list any more with out feeling bad. Great 7th ed list terrible 8th ed

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I'm running a similar list to No1cafc and I can safely say that we're both screwed.
    I sympathise with the Elves as I'm in the same position as them but I have to give it to Murdoch.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Yeah I love you man, but you are pretty hosed here with nothing to really thin out the tide...

O&G.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Orcs & Goblins have this... enough in shooting and numbers, they should be able to deal with everything the Elves throw at them...
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The orcs have it, i think the elves would have a hard time winning this one even with tactics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast