VW Round 2 , Match 4 Kroxigor01 vs. Digger - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Round 2 , Match 4 Kroxigor01 vs. Digger

Scenario:
    Battle for the Pass
    Map:
    Map number 2

Deployment:
    Kroxigor left, Digger right

First round:
    Digger first round

Slann – Light, Focused Ruminations, Focus of Mystery, Cupped Hands, Plaque of Protection, BSB

Saurus – 20, FC
    Saurus – 20, FC
    Saurus – 20, FC
    Skink Skirmishers - 10
    Skink Skirmishers - 10
    Skink Skirmishers - 10
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Chameleon Skinks – 5
    Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3

Salamanders – extra crew
    Salamanders – extra crew

No tactics submitted

Goblin warlord, light armour, shield, dragonhelm, ironcurse icon
    lvl 4 night goblin Great Shaman
    lvl 1 night goblin Shaman, dispel scroll
    night goblin Battle Standard Bearer, standard of discipline
    night goblin big boss, great weapon

50 Goblins, light armour, shield, short bows
    standard, 2 nasty skulkas
    40 night goblins, spears, standard, musician
    20 night goblins, bows, standard, musician +2 fanatics

core

- herder unit
    24 squigs
    16 herders

- herder unit
    24 squigs
    16 herders

wolf chariot
    2 wolf chariots
    Spear Chukka

Doom Diver
    pump wagon
    pump wagon, exploding spores (ignores armoursaves at first impact)
    6 trolls

TACTIX

lvl1 shaman:spell 1
    lvl4 shaman: spell 0,2,4,6.

My fears: Terradon flanking units. 2 Salamandersquads and a big fat toad to ruin the magicphase!
    I'm guessing that he will want to keep my forces somewhere near the charnelpit in the centre, so that is what i will focuss my deployment on.
    The centre: 2 squighordes (ItP) and could give a skaven's ass when salamanders shoot at them or being near a charnel pit. a pump wagon on each flank (also ItP). Behind them is the BSB with the std of Discipline. He's with a buss of 40 Spearmen covered by another bus of Goblins with Skulkas. Theyre covering the flanksof the squigherds. great shaman is with skulkas so only has LoS to the centre/north flank at first.
    The South Flank
    Up front are all chariots next to the southern Pump Wagon. Trolls will be behind them with the General, in range of the BSB and also ItP the Ironcurse Icon and dragonhelm absorb most flaming attacks for the unit. The trolls move towards whatever fight the chariots have started.
    The Chariots have a huge chargerange and aim at Saladmanglers or Skinks (just for kicks). The Doomdiver and spearchukka are on the hill behind them, aiming at the salamanders. The Divah also keeps watch for incoming terradons in the south.
    The north flank
    The arcarne ruins in the top are pretty much bliss for my lvl 1 wizard, who not only has vindicative glare (2d6 S3 hits) which he will cast first in order to steal a dispeldice). On TOP of that he gets to roll 3 channeldice which i will be needing to counter the focussed rumination. From there he will have great view on my entire right flank together with his 20 goblin archers and 2 fanatics they will take out any Terradons silly enough to fly into that zone.

Magic
    I start out with the Bad Moon curse (and vindicative glare) until his elites hit home. The slann or saurusses and saladmanders are targets for the vortex.
    I want to take out his buffs at crucial timing, so i save the scroll for when the saurusses hit the fray. i will then start buffing my troops with poisonattacks and Hex Saurusses with Gork'l fix it.
    Hopefully i can avoid the real fight and eliminate all his non elites before he realises im picking on his little ones.

Voting ends in 72 hours

Last edited by Rising Leviathan; May 8th, 2011 at 14:41.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Wow...this one is tough...the greenskins outnumber by a lot, but battle for the pass makes that less significant with little frontage to apply that advantage..chariots'll have little room to do their thing, but the same could be said of terradons. I can't decide...two sets of tactics to compare and contrast would have helped a lot!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Kroxigors army is perfect for hunting down specialized armies, but Im afraid that those skinks wont really be making a difference here, since the big blocks of squigs and goblins wouldnt even notice losing a few men each round to the blowguns. Besides Digger has soo many chariots, that he'll hunt the skinks down pretty easily (skinks range being 18" and chariots average charge range being something like 15-16"). When that is done, all thats left is the bloody battle between Saurus and Squigs, but I belive that in the end the Goblins will come out as the better man.

A shame that Kroxigor didnt submit tactics, because he could very well have won this though.

- Tash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Goblins will win.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Solid tactics on the goblins part. This map and Battle for the pass don't lend themselves well to multiple small units, not to mention the potential difficulty they may have against such large S5 squig units. First turn, tactics and a better map may have given the cold blooded ones a better position, and on the table with some lucky rolling I think they would still stand a chance. However all considered and since this is in theory, Goblins I think will edge out on top.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Krox, if you'd taken the Lore of Life, this would have been a much easier decision... Terradons should make short work of the war machines (artillery & chariots)... there are a lot of goblins to kill, but goblins don't kill much in return... the only thing the gobbos have going for them is the squigs, which would normally munch on Saurus warriors, but Light can augment the Saurus for ASF & I10 so Lizardmen take this for me
    TCs Space Marines || TCs Khorney Chaos || Soon: Orcs & Goblins || Future: Mordheim Reiklanders ||
    Article: Swiftstride Averge & Odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I like the tactics and think they should be enough to win it, orcs and goblins ftw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

The goblins take it home with 4-1.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

+ Reply to Thread