VW Round 6, Match 1 Tashin vs. Murdoch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Round 6, Match 1 Tashin vs. Murdoch

Round 6, Match 1
    Tashin vs. Murdoch
    Scenario:
    Battle for the Pass

Map:
    Map 9
    Deployment:
    Tashin top, Murdoch Bottom
    First round:
    Murdoch has first round

5x Warhounds
    5x Warhounds
    29x Marauders, MoK, great weapons, full command

12x Chaos Warriors, MoN, halberds, musician, standard w/ Banner of Rage
    10x Marauder Horsemen, MoS, flails, light armour, standard, musician

1x Warshrine

12x Chosen of chaos, MoT, shields, musician, standard w/ Wailing banner, champion w/ favored of the Gods

Exhalted Hero, MoK, Juggernaugth, Dawnstone

Exhalted Hero, BSB, MoT, shield, Armour of Morslieb, steed of chaos

Sorcerer Lord, MoS, lvl 4, Infernal Puppet, Crown of Command, Charmed shield, Necrotic Phylactery, Diabolic Splendor

The great ironclad shaman rose to his feet. His men raising their heads to heed his call.
    He looked upon his warband in silence. All where hardened warriors, tested by gunpowder, arrows and not least, their decieving Gods. The eyes of the great shaman fastened at his best warriors, those who was chosen by The Dark Gods.
    Those who'd stepped through endless piles of dead enemies,
    those who'd stand fast, even when outnumbered 20 to one.
    Those who now - as the shaman - felt the changing winds. It was the Dark Gods doing. The eyes of the gods had closed. Their attention elsewhere. For a short momement the great shaman wavered. The last part of his sane humanity made its final stand. His Gods where gone. True fear ran down his spine. He could escape the uncoming battle and wait until the Gods fastened their eyes at his warband yet again. Wait until the cold winds from the north returned to favour him.

An anxious wimper from one of his warhounds threw him back to his impossible reality. The greenskin-horde in his horisont would become his death. So was the will of the Chaos Gods. "So be it" he thought to himself. He looked at his unsuspecting men, at his closest battlebrothers, the chosen, who - as he - knew that the end was near. Then, without hesitation, without as much as a word or final speech of morale, the great shaman and the entire Chaos warband charged forward screaming and roaring for the blood to be spilled. The weight of the great shamans axe would be his last testament, his final praise, to the Dark Gods of Chaos.

Good Luck, Murdoch

Murdoch

Lords:
    Orc Warboss
    Additional Hand Weapon
    Talisman of Preservation
    Armour of Silvered Steel
    Night Goblin Great Shaman
    Level 4

Orc Big Boss
    BSB
    Great Weapon
    Shield
    Night Goblin Shaman
    Level 2
    Despell Scroll
    Core:
    39 Orc Big Un's
    Full Command
    Big Un's
    Additional Hand Weapon
    40 Night Goblins
    Full Command
    Nets
    3 Fanatics
    41 Night Goblins
    Full Command
    Nets
    3 Fanatics
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Spear Chucka
    Doom Diver
    Doom Diver
    Rock Lobba
    Orc Bully
    Rock Lobba
    Orc Bully

Wow, Tashin and a match that's now watchtower, there is a god! Tactics will be similar to other games, a matter of sitting back and doing as much damage as possible before BANG, we collide.

Deployment:
    I'm pleased to control the river and will use this to my advantage. All warmachines will set up behind the river close to my board edge, everything to the right of the tower except 2 spear chucks to the left of the tower. Both Night goblins will position almost touching the river one against the top left and the other to the right of the tower. The Big'uns will position between the goblins, in front of the tower.

Tactics:
    I'm sure tashin will sac his hounds to set off the fanatics and that's fine, there is not many ways around it. My hordes will basically accept whatever comes at them, all Tashins units can be threatening so I don't want to be to picky and plan for any one scenario. War machines will play a similar role, targeting what ever is the biggest threat at the time, otherwise target priority is: Rock lobbas will go at the Marauders (large footprint and more squishy than knights), Doom Divers will target whatever is closest, hopefully this is the chosen s but the knights, chosen s and horsemen all have good armor and the divers negate armor. Spear chucks will do the same as the divers, targeting whatever is the biggest threat.

Ultimately as I said I want to negate the WOC numbers as much as possible before we clash, and his unit numbers are small enough I think I should have some success. The nets on the Goblins will also hopefully even the playing field a little for hitting strength.

Magic:
    Magic will be minim as I don't want to blow up my own units. Using my smaller spells like itchy neusence and sneaky stabbing to pull combat my way.

Voting ends in 72 hours.

Regards,

Last edited by Rising Leviathan; June 7th, 2011 at 22:21.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orcs. The war machines will grind the enemy to a pulp. In combat, the sheer numbers of the mobs will overpower the enemy.
    Warlord Grimtoof Dwarfchewer
    check out my WAAAAGH!!! Grimtoof WiP here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-grimtoof.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    312 (x8)

This is absurd.

I read tash's tacts and looked at the map. Murdoch, i expect you realise, this could never have happened if my goblins hadn't set the trap to begin with! *cough* half the loots *cough*

Orcs win
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    297 (x8)

~sigh~ I was so looking forward to pulping Tash in the final...oh, well. There's no way MSU WoC can stand up to da green tide...especially when it's backed with more artillery (though qualitatively FAR inferior *coughcough*) than even the empire brings.

Classy of Tash to admit his impossible situation rather than spewing absurd improbabilities, though! Rep for that!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Poor Tashin, his warriors finally decide to come out of the watchtower, then this happens.
    Nice of him to admit defeat here, Murdoch could have won this one without tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Nothing much to add. Just a bad match up to the core. orcs
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Well, this isn't a difficult game to call. The scrap metal rain of death will bring the orcs through with little difficulty. Credit to tashin for being different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Devestating 6-0 win for the green tide.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar