VW Round 7, Semifinal Esco Thomson vs. Murdoch - Page 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Senior Member Castiell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Malm÷, Sweden
    Age
    23
    Posts
    492
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

    Greenskins.
    Depending on luck of dice, the Pegs will be gone fast or instantly, and without them (and therefore without realistic means of reaching the warmachines), the best the Brets can hope for is to drag it out - they won't break the hordes, and they won't kill them in subsequent rounds of combat.

    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member Tashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Skandinavia
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    So four magic pegasi will be everywhere at once, drawing out the fanatics, surviving, and going on to eliminate all that artillery. I don't buy it.
    Come to think of it, wouldnt Esco be able to draw out the fanatics with his pegasi without getting hit by them, since the pegasi are using their swoop flying move (which allows them to move over other units without getting into contact)?

    That being said, out of 3 fanatics aiming for pegasi in melee with a random warmachine only 1 fanatic will reach the pegasi (one fanatic running too slow and one fanatic getting randomised into hitting the warmachine). Lets say that the fanatic rolls 4 hits. Thats still just 2-3 wounds going through and the Knights will still have a +5 armour save and a +5 ward save, saving atleast 1 wound. So all in all, 3 fanatics charging out towards the pegasi will probably only generate 1-2 wounds on that unit.

    - Tash

  4. #13
    Senior Member Tashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Skandinavia
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    So four magic pegasi will be everywhere at once, drawing out the fanatics, surviving, and going on to eliminate all that artillery. I don't buy it.
    Come to think of it, wouldnt Esco be able to draw out the fanatics with his pegasi without getting hit by them, since the pegasi are using their swoop flying move (which allows them to move over other units without getting into contact)?

    That being said, out of 3 fanatics aiming for pegasi in melee with a random warmachine only 1 fanatic will reach the pegasi (one fanatic running too slow and one fanatic getting randomised into hitting the warmachine). Lets say that the fanatic rolls 4 hits. Thats still just 2-3 wounds going through and the Knights will still have a +5 armour save and a +5 ward save, saving atleast 1 wound. So all in all, 3 fanatics charging out towards the pegasi will probably only generate 1-2 wounds on that unit.

    - Tash

  5. #14
    Senior Member Castiell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Malm÷, Sweden
    Age
    23
    Posts
    492
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashin View Post
    Come to think of it, wouldnt Esco be able to draw out the fanatics with his pegasi without getting hit by them, since the pegasi are using their swoop flying move (which allows them to move over other units without getting into contact)?

    That being said, out of 3 fanatics aiming for pegasi in melee with a random warmachine only 1 fanatic will reach the pegasi (one fanatic running too slow and one fanatic getting randomised into hitting the warmachine). Lets say that the fanatic rolls 4 hits. Thats still just 2-3 wounds going through and the Knights will still have a +5 armour save and a +5 ward save, saving atleast 1 wound. So all in all, 3 fanatics charging out towards the pegasi will probably only generate 1-2 wounds on that unit.

    - Tash
    Assuming the numbers are correct for a moment, the dice work out - the spear chuckas only get one wound per round through, the fanatics only deal one wound - that'd mean the four remaining war machines need to deal 2 wounds to the pegs, over two rounds of shooting, to wipe them before they even see close combat. The Pegasi are the only thing the brets have that's threatening to the greenskins, and that's a total of five wounds. I really don't see them accomplish more then to draw out one group of fanatics, if they're lucky.
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

  6. #15
    i am da Wahhchief Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    utrecht, Holland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

    Fanatics:
    The pegasi have to stop 8" away and await the fanatic movements/hits, after that they may opt to finish their move.There's no randomising hits between diferent units. if fans move through pegasi and a war machine both get to suffer hits.
    add a doom diver and theyre a non-issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    Greenskins.
    The brets can't break the greenskins, and they can't kill all of the artillery, either.
    Vote:
    Waaaagh!
    Eternal Newbie

    Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

  7. #16
    Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In yo' face!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

    I vote for the Brets because they have them flying horsey things.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

  8. #17
    Junior Member RoninWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Russias
    Age
    23
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    7 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Assuming the numbers are correct for a moment, the dice work out - the spear chuckas only get one wound per round through, the fanatics only deal one wound - that'd mean the four remaining war machines need to deal 2 wounds to the pegs, over two rounds of shooting, to wipe them before they even see close combat. The Pegasi are the only thing the brets have that's threatening to the greenskins, and that's a total of five wounds. I really don't see them accomplish more then to draw out one group of fanatics, if they're lucky.
    Except pegknights have 2 wounds each, so that is 4 wounds remaining and that will be with 1 rounds of shoot before they are in combats. Also the hero on pegasus has 4++ and 3 wounds, and will be hitting somethings too.

    Gob fantics are good, but they popping out when he vanguards within 8" before game and will random after that, just much chance to spin someplace bad, or into nothing.

    Knights should win.
    How can you Master the Masterless?

  9. #18
    (Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    831
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

    Been conscripted in to vote

    Hmm... well, reading through the lists and tactics. Biggest thing that stands out to me? The sheer amount of firepower those greenskins are flying across the table! That's enough ranged firepower to make a Dwarf player envious! The pegasus knights are going to have a field day though, hilarious.

    I was going to give this to the greenskins, but with the brets getting first turn, those trebuchets are going to be lobbing down shots from the get-go (as well as some support from those peasants), peeling off ranks and letting those knights charge in and carry on into the artillery. Superior tactics, and consideration of actions by the brets here. If the O&G had had first turn, I might have voted differently...
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

  10. #19
    i am da Wahhchief Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    utrecht, Holland
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

    The O&G have first turn... The brets have to pray.
    Eternal Newbie

    Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

  11. #20
    I have a cunning plan no1cafc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Age
    25
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by swntzu View Post
    I vote for the Brets because they have them flying horsey things.
    Swn makes a good point.

    Brets
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts