AoD Gaguing Interest... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: If there was a new Arena of Death...

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd enter a character!

1 25.00%
  • I'd be interested in writing battles

2 50.00%
  • I'd be interested in rolling battles

0 0%
  • All of the above!

1 25.00%
  • Actually, I'd rather run one myself!

0 0%
  • I might participate if there were places free

0 0%
  • I think I'd just watch and see how it works

0 0%
  • What are you on about? What are these Arena of Death things anyway?

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Gaguing Interest...

Hi everyone!

As you may be aware, Librarium Online recently had a change of Admin, with KyleT taking over the reigns from Blackhat. You may also be aware that he's trying to breathe a bit of new life into the forums, to make them a little larger and more active.

One of the areas that has come up as something that could aid this cause has been the Arenas of Death. They used to be quite regular here, but at some point they simply faded away. I think it was a shame, as we had some great writers and wonderfully creative characters coming through.

But this isn't about starting a new arena right now. I'm aware the holiday season is coming up - people go on holidays, spend time with family and friends, so I don't think now is quite the right time for a new arena.

What I do want to do with this thread is just see how much interest is out there regarding the arenas. If one was to start in the new year some time, would you be interested in participating? Would you enter a character? Or would you be more interested in writing battles or rolling the results? Maybe a bit of both?

If you have no idea what these Arenas are all about, feel free to ask and I'm sure someone will be able to fill you in.

Also I thought a poll might help with this thread, so (hopefully) there are voting options at the top! I've never done a poll before, so it's likely to go horribly wrong...

Anyway, I'm keen to hear anything you have to say about the Arenas. I can't promise I'll run one next year, but should anyone be interested maybe this thread will let them see that there are others out there that share that interest. And maybe, if you find yourself with some free time over the Christmas/New Year break, you might just want to think about creating a character... Just in case!

Cheers,
    Deadstar

Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

You know me - I'd be up for any kind of writing/participating in one these things. Getting a good team of writers together would probably be the best way to go, and maybe a backup roller or two, or publicize the builds and effects so that if you go missing (or hide, more likely) we have a backup plan to finish this thing.

You going to do any hooks, like the team battles from City of Shadows? Or just keep things standard? I'd like to see someone do a serious role-playing event some time, where the arena master is the acting DM, and rolls are done via DiceTower or whatever that site was.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Well, I wasn't really planning on running one, to be honest. I started the thread thinking I might just generate some interest, and then come new year someone might put their hand up to kick one off.

That said, I did just have an idea that might be workable as an arena of some type. I'll give it some thought, and see if I can bash it into some kind of arena-worthy shape.

I'd like to see a few more votes on here before I get too deep into it, though! Early days yet, I know
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I've been away for a while now, but I might be interested in doing pretty much everything, except to run one.
    That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!

+ Reply to Thread