AoD Warhammer Battle Arena Finals! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Warhammer Battle Arena Finals!

Here we go, I'm really sorry that this is a month late but I've been very busy at school.

Name + Total Cost
    The Red Duke (241)
    Race
    Vampire
    Class
    Vampire Count
    Fluff
    ?
    Equipment
    Great Weapon
    Magic Items
    Flayed Hauberk
    Powers
    Undead

VS

Name + Total Cost
    Grogslam Dwarfcooker (225)
    Race
    Black Orc
    Class
    Warboss
    Fluff
    Grogslam Dwarfcooker, got his name from a great recipe for beer marinated stunty and eventually took over his own waagh and rampaged across the world seeking the finest orky cuisine he could find.
    Equipment
    Great Axe
    Magic Items
    Drog’s dead ‘ard armour
    Warboss Umm's best big boss' hat
    Powers
    None
    Mount
    Boar (Grunta)

Bathed in the early morning sun, the Battle Arena buzzed with the noise of five thousand excited spectators as they discussed, argued and occasionally fought each other over and about the finals of the fights.
    Down on the arena floor, a signalman nodded upwards to the announcer and announcer acknowledged the nod. The fight was about to begin. Standing up and raising his hand, the announcer waited as the noise died down with surprising speed.
    “Well here we are at the finals of the fight!? Unexpectly, a loud cheer went up and all five thousand of the spectators in unison shook the arena floor with the sheer amount of commotion that they made.
    “You know their names, let’s see what happens!? Shouted the announcer as another cheer went up, drowning out his last few words.
    A rapid drum roll sounded as the now infamous black and brown gates simultaneously swung open and both fighters entered the arena. Grogslam as usual emerged on his boar while the Red Duke entered, hissed at the faint sunlight and slinked into the shadows next to the side walls of the arena. Grinning and giving a small growl, Grogslam dug his heels into Grunta and the fat boar charged towards the waiting vampire. Ready for the charge, the vampire easily sidestepped the clumsy boar and launched a lightning fast attack, his sword only visible as a red streak. Not being fast enough, Grogslam caught the full brunt of the attack and was thrown heavily off his mount. Roaring with anger, the ork pulled himself back together and quickly got up again, turning to face the undead menace. To the Duke’s surprise, the ork had not suffered a single wound from his assault and the only visible effect was a couple of dents in the ork’s thick armour. Slitting his eyes, the vampire prepared himself for the angry ork who was now advancing on him. Screaming a war cry which somewhat took the Red Duke aback a little, Grogslam threw himself upon the vampire abandoning all attempts to use his axe and the two hit the ground in a ferocious brawl. His veins on his forehead almost bursting with the effort, Grogslam overcame the struggling vampire and threw him up against the arena wall before delivering several powerful punches to the vampire’s face. However, being an experienced fighter, the Red Duke rolled with the punches and brutally kneed the ork in the groin and sent him flying with a devastating kick.
    Breathing heavily, Grogslam slowly pulled himself back up off the floor and retrieved his large axe. Smiling patronizingly, the Red Duke advanced on the exhausted ork about to finish him off but was suddenly thrown to the ground as Grogslam’s faithful beast charged him in the back.
    “Curse you, you stupid animal!? screamed the Duke as he swiftly rose from the ground and skewered the poor boar with a single sword stroke. However, in his death Grunta had bought his master the time to recover and before the Red Duke could react, Grogslam launched a fierce attack with renewed energy swinging his axe at the vampire. Caught unawares, the Red Duke was unable to avoid the deadly axe and watched in horror as his left arm was completely severed at the shoulder and his gut was spilt open by the black blade. As the ork advanced upon him the vampire desperately tried to fight back but with only one arm, his attempt to save himself was futile. As the ork loomed over him and grabbed his throat, the vampire closed his eyes and accepted his fate and he was tossed out into the centre of the arena and his evil, twisted soul was permanently sent into the depths of hell.
    Standing in the middle of the arena, Grogslam looked confused as he watched the body of the vampire turn to dust and blow away in the morning breeze. He had just wanted to sit in the sun to eat remnants of the body. Looking disappointed, the ork casually ripped an eye out of the dead body of his boar and chewed on it as he left the arena, the victor.

Dice Rolls:
    Red Duke’s Attacks: 3 Hits, 2 Wounds, 2 Saved
    Grogslam’s Attacks: 0 Hits
    Boar Attacks: 1 Hit, 0 wounds
    Red Duke’s Attacks: 3 Hits, 2 Wounds, 1 save failed
    Grogslam’s Attacks: 2 Hits, 2 Wounds, 2 failed saves
    Red Duke’s Attacks: 1 Hit, 0 wounds
    Grogslam’s Attacks: 3 Hits, 3 wounds, 2 failed saves-Red Duke dies

Commentary:
    An excellent fight! This could have gone either way but I think Grogslam DID have the advantage of having a ward save as well. Ah well, the ork wins!

Thanks everyone who has been reading this and thank you everyone for the support, I'll be running Warhammer Battle Arena 2 sometime during mid April-May.

Xuy

A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Yeaaaaaaah! The Orc won. Awesme report I am looking forward to number two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah very nice report looking forward the arena 2 as well.
    Let slip the dogs of war.
    Bretonian (over 5k points)
    Tomb king (over 5k points)
    Ogre kingdom (4.5k points)
    Tyranid (3k points but not even half assemble,new army)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to see that undead bugger get smoked by the ork. i to wish he had something to eat in the end. poor orkses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great report! I love these, however I was rooting for the Red Duke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curse your black orc... the vamp should have won... was he allowed to summon skelly's at all?
    Expect the worst, so you won't be disappointed. :cool:

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Bunny has just aquired the services of BadNeighbour :)

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Unfortunately no, magic wasn't allow. Ah well the vampire put up a good fight.
    A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone ever does this again, how can I submit characters?
    Expect the worst, so you won't be disappointed. :cool:

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Bunny has just aquired the services of BadNeighbour :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BadNeighbour
    If anyone ever does this again, how can I submit characters?
    Xuy may be starting another battle arena thread with the details of what your to PM him for character entry.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh heh totally sweet maybe next time this starts up i'll submit my nightgobbo boss should make fer a interestin report ha!

one gripe though if the ork was hungry why did he not just eat the boar (the whole boar not just the eye) and then a few humie spectators? ^_^
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast