VW Oh Votewar Where Art Thou? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Oh Votewar Where Art Thou?

I really like the idea of a Votewar (I would like to be in one to see what people REALLy think about my army list). And 40k have got one going on at the moment. When will the next fantasy votewar be? Who runs them and how does it work?

If anyone could answer any of my question Ill be :w00t:

Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

FB Votewars

Well the FB votewars have been dead for a while, I think too few people were interested in the idea. However if you get enough support it is fairly easy to get one going.

This is for 40 K but can easily be applied here.

What is Votewar?

It is also very important to have a set of rules to go by like so.

40K Latest Votewar Rules.

Once you have all that you need the person who puts it together, whether they designed the whole rules set or not doesn't matter though it helps. They need to post up the recruitment thread, receive entrants, format them and then they have to make sure it is all legal before posting up randomly assigned battles.

So I think that sums it up, if you manage to get this up and going and need someone to help I'm in though I don't play FB so I can't help with checking the lists sadly.

Hope I helped.:yes:

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The person who originally started up VoteWar over here (IamJasonK) only did one round of it, and didn't recieve a whole lot of feedback. A guy named Sareld did it for the 40K and fared much better at it, enough that people demanded a second round. That's when I took it over, and have been running the 40K side of things ever since. There have been a few Fantasy minis run by TJK, but Fantasy hasn't been nearly so popular as 40K has been.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Fantasy, so am not in a position to run one. Nor would I have the time, between the 40K side and my regular Supervisor duties, as well as holding a real life occassionaly.

I think another reason Fantasy doesn't do so well is that's more of a thinking man's game - a lot of the game is dependant upon deployment and dominating particular phases, so it's much harder to estimate which list would do better in a given situation. 40K is a bit easier in these regards, since the rules are more forgiving. My personal opinion on the matter, at least.

If anyone is interested in starting a Fantasy VoteWar and becoming responsible for running one, I'll be happy to work with them and provide what tools that I can.

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    The person who originally started up VoteWar over here (IamJasonK) only did one round of it, and didn't recieve a whole lot of feedback. A guy named Sareld did it for the 40K and fared much better at it, enough that people demanded a second round. That's when I took it over, and have been running the 40K side of things ever since. There have been a few Fantasy minis run by TJK, but Fantasy hasn't been nearly so popular as 40K has been.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Fantasy, so am not in a position to run one. Nor would I have the time, between the 40K side and my regular Supervisor duties, as well as holding a real life occassionaly.

I think another reason Fantasy doesn't do so well is that's more of a thinking man's game - a lot of the game is dependant upon deployment and dominating particular phases, so it's much harder to estimate which list would do better in a given situation. 40K is a bit easier in these regards, since the rules are more forgiving. My personal opinion on the matter, at least.

If anyone is interested in starting a Fantasy VoteWar and becoming responsible for running one, I'll be happy to work with them and provide what tools that I can.
    I'll have to rule myself out running another since I have left Warhammer and this site in genral for Yu gi oh lol ^_^

+ Reply to Thread