VW FBVW MkII Rd. 2 - Match 16: Carathir Elensar's Hoeth Defense Force vs. UUUAF (VC) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW MkII Rd. 2 - Match 16: Carathir Elensar's Hoeth Defense Force vs. UUUAF (VC)

Map 9: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2...lefieldtj9.png

Caranthir Elensar's Hoeth Defence Force

Lord

Prince: 284pts
    Mounted on Great Eagle
    Shield
    Lance
    Bow of the Seafarer
    Armour of Protection

Heroes

Commander: 178pts
    Mounted on Great Eagle
    Lance
    Heavy Armour
    Reaver Bow
    Enchanted Shield

Mage Lv2: 170pts
    Annulyain Crystal

Mage Lv2: 180pts
    Seer
    Dispel Scroll

Core Units

10 Archers: 120pts

6 Silver Helms: 145pts
    Full Armour
    Musician

6 Silver Helms: 145pts
    Full Armour
    Musician

19 Spearmen: 239pts (Mage Here)
    Full command

19 Spearmen: 239pts (Mage Here)
    Full command

Rare Units

2 Great Eagles: 100pts

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers: 200pts

Total: 2000pts

Power Dice: 6
    Dispel Dice: 5 + 1 Dispel Scroll (The 5 includes the 1 stolen power dice from the enemy pool by the annulyian crystal)

Magic Item Details:

Armour of Protection: 6+ Armour, 4+ ward save
    Bow of the Seafarer: Acts as a bolt thrower with long bow range
    Reaver Bow, 3* Str 5 shots per turn with longbow range
    Seer Honour: Picks Spells
    Annulyian Crystal: Steals one powerdice and adds to my dispel dice pool
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNSTOPPABLE UNENDING UNDEAD ASSAULT FORCE

Grindall, Strigoi lord, lvl 3, iron sinews, infinite hatred, massive monstrosity
    Necrophage, lvl 2 necromancer, book of arkhan, dispel scroll
    Gardener of the Dead, lvl 2 necromancer, staff of damnation

25 skeletons, lt armor, full command
    25 skeletons, lt armor, full command
    29 zombies, mus, standard bearer
    10 zombies
    6 dire wolves
    6 dire wolves
    6 ghouls
    6 shouls
    4 spirit hosts

120 models
    9 casting dice, 2 bound items
    6 dispel dice, 1 scroll
    And a lord I'd take on all comers with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

GULP! :huh:
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well as I can't vote I will explain the High Elf tactics for this battle.

1) The Mages will use the following lores, the seer mage will pick the High Magic Lore and take curse of arrow attraction, fury of Khaine and drain magic, the non seer mage will take Heavens Magic for this battle.

2) The Eagles cannot be used to march block, but they can be used to attack the Necromancers at the front of each unit, as attacking the Vampire is suicide.

3) The Characters Magical Bows will be used to destroy the small flanking units, and attack the spirit hosts, and assist the eagles in the destruction of the necromancers.

4) The spearmen will hold the centre, then the silver helms, eagles and characters on eagles will flank and rear charge to cause more damage through combat res, hopefully leaving the vampire unit until last

5) The bolt throwers and archers will just try to whittle down numbers as much as possible, probably taking out the flanking units, and then concentrating on the skeleton units.

If the Eagles/Characters on Eagles can destroy the 2 necromancers quickly, then the Vampire Counts magic Phase is dealt with, and their only major advantage is gone. The open Battlefield suits the High Elves.

That is my breakdown

:ninja: out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Ah, gingerninja. We meet on the field of battle at last!

This will be a tough fight.

As for deployment, I don't like the idea of Silver Helms charging around my flanks, so I'll deny one flank by deploying on one side of the battlefield. The spirit hosts will guard the open flank, as will the ghouls. The dire wolves will stay in reserve for a turn or two to avoid the shooting.

The small zombie unit goes behind the main infantry units and is a lifeboat where the necromancers can either deploy to start the game or bail out to if they feel threatened.

I won't be able to catch the characters on eagles, so instead I'll go for the enemy mages by summoning units or releasing the wolves. Once their magic defense is reduced, and I get my power die back GRR!--things should go much more smoothly. Hopefully, I can misdirect the Silver Helms through strategic summonings and take out the archers/RBT's by popping up a unit of skellies behind them.

The elves will pass most of their fear tests, but once in hand to hand, high leadership doesn't help once I win a round of combat and outnumber the enemy. Dwarfs and elves run just as easily as goblins once fear takes over.

Hopefully, I can claim a table quarter or two with summonings.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason why nobody has voted yet... this is so darn close!

Superior firepower, speed and cavalry units? Or the (slightly) superior magic and unbreakable, fear causing undead? Both tactics are sound and equally plausibe.

I need more dialogue before I decide.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Go on then ill break the deadlock with the opening vote... although this could easily go either way. But ooking purely at the lists, im going to go with the Elves, for now.
    JUst looking at it, the if the VC magic doesnt go well (1 failed spell or miscast a turn etc) then the undead may find it difficult to resurrect troops, and i think the elf force has enough to take the undead units in combat, with shooting etc mopping up the smaller units, i.e wolves

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I think the elves are more likely to squeak out a victory here. They'll be able to pick off small units for VP, while avoiding the big hulking Lord.

Honestly, these two armies are close enough that the battle will depend on who exploits the opportunities from fear, magic, and shooting results. But since we are evaluating the armies in a static situation, the elves have decent responses to fear and magic, while the vamps have no great response to shooting and speed, aside from the aforementioned magic.

-Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

I hate to say it, but I vote prancin' High Elves:)

Wow.. what a hard match-up, especially because so much is riding on the magic phase.

Ok, a few thoughts of my own, quite unknowledged opinion

The VC have a slight advantage in magical ability, with the extra powerdice and bound items. The bound items are worth dispelling, too, adding to the High Elf pressure of drain magic on the the undead (prefferably teh Lord, highest Lv dice caster) to help focus dispel on spells + the bounds. VC's may have a magic missle up their sleeve too, also (if they get it) Gaze is a nasty missle to be using against small units like Eagles and Silver Helms <-- (even they fail saves )

By the same note, the High Elves really must get off those magic missles (Heavens and Fury of Khaine) and shooty characters to try and make the Undead casters choose to either 1) top up the undead units for HTH strength/absorption, or 2) make those all-important speedbump/new units to negate ranks/block LoS etc. Even with the Lord, the Skeletons must prepare to lose combat by the superior charge ranges of a multiple Elven unit charge....

Vampire LORD. Ouch. Because he is there, the VC's nearly take my vote, straight away. So powerful... so tough... re-rolls.... *drools*. Luckily he is slow, and not flying He is the real danger for the Elves, the raw combat power... Magic and shooting only go so far. A nice summoned unit to negate ranks means the Elves are auto running... but this is obviously High Elf priority #1 to stop... and also, the Vamp Lord can't be everywhere at once with his combat power.

Although the VC list seems to be relying on the flankers and/or Nehek, there are a lot of small flanking units for the VC's, and maybe they will have too many targets + summoning for the Elfes to suppress quickly enough, even with all the ranged dice output in the Elven list....

I don;t have high hope for the suicide Eagles against the Necros... then again, stranger things have happened....

*thinks*

I dunno, it's a tough call.:yes:

For me (Start sweeping generalization) --> it depends on how often Drain Magic can be cast, coupled with the shooting on the flankers to limit what arrives on the Elven doorstep. Otherwise, the VC's missles and summoning will help them do a little damage and roll up the field enmass.. so, the High Elves are trying for the suppression + movement, the VC's absorption and down-the-throat.. Again, it's a hard call.

If it were anyone else, the VC'swould probably take it.. but, I think the High Elves here have the ability to squish a great portion of the small VC units before combat is met, and improving their chances of weighing the whole Elven force against just the Skeletons.. they would need to be extra tricksie to manouver and crush the big blocks of Undead in a single quickcombat.. yet that is entirely possible with the Elven speed.

Gee, this is a harder question to answer than the birds and the bees thingy.. whatever that is...

I'll go with those prancin' High Elves for this one... but only because of drain magic- drain magic + the shooting/Mmissles swings it for me

PS- apologies if my post sounds a little weird, I'm dead tired, and shall prance off to bed now

EDIT: I didn't see Kooshlord's post... he summed up my entire post in a few sentances. Now, I feel really tired AND stupid...

*shakes fist at Kooshlord*{goofy}

I agree with Koosh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    GULP! :huh:
    Well, when one contestent says this...hehe I wonder what he thinks is about to happen to him? haha Well it is an open battle field (Yuck! ), this is good for elven shooting and good so as not to slow down the VC approach. VC has no shooting (besides magic) and since VC can't march, the field is going to help HE more IMO. HE eagles can fly over and rear charge the small flankers or go for the necros. The bolt throwers will be able to do some scary damage as the VC walk up and I think that HE can dispell some key spells for regen etc. This hardest point for the HE to counter would be the VC lord. I would say that if the HE just ignore him and go after everything else and try to just avoid any combat with the evil lord, HE will do well. If the VC lord does get into combat well HE could be very scared (pist HE stand back and shoot and go after other stuff instead )

My vote: High Elves

p.s.- This isn't just to get back at DavidVC for betraying the woodland relm -shifty eyes- haha
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

VC can march if within 12" of the general I believe.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast