VW FBVW MkII Rd. 3 - Match 20: Chaos Guldskullz vs. Raiders of the Ashen Coast - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW MkII Rd. 3 - Match 20: Chaos Guldskullz vs. Raiders of the Ashen Coast

Map 6: http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4...rdspassuo6.png

Chaos Guldskullz

Chaos Lord: MoK, Slaughterer's Blade, Armour of Damnation, Gaze of the Gods: 310pts
    19*Chaos Warriors: Heavy Armour, Shields, S/M/C, MoK, Banner of Rage: 410pts

Aspiring Champion: Flail, Shield, Barded Steed: 100pts
    23*Marauders: light armor, shields, S/M/C: 186pts

5*Knights of Chaos: MoK: 210pts

5*Marauder Horsemen: Throwing Axes, spears, shields, M: 106pts
    5*Warhounds
    5*Warhounds
    7*Chaos Furies

Bray-Shaman: Braystaff, Chaos Armour, 2*Dispel Scroll: 141pts
    25*Beast Herd: 7*gor (2 hand weapons), 18*ungor (spears), S/M/C: 156pts

3*Leadbelchers:Bellower: 175pts

Totals: 1999 points, 3 PD, 6 DD, 2 scrolls

M=musician
    S=standard
    C=unit champion
    MoK=Mark of Khorne

Characters are with the units they join. Chaos Lord kills everything, and doesn't die in return. Warriors provide lots of kills and static CR, permanent frenzy and break rerolls from the banner.

Marauder unit has nice static CR, and some power from the asp. champ. Horsemen, leadbelchers, beast herd take care of flankers, raised undead, marchblockers, etc. Hounds and horsemen bait anything nasty so I get the charge.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders of Ashen Coast

HEROES:
    Noble (General. Rides in chariot): 119
    -Lance
    -Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak, Enchanted Shield.
    -Seal of Ghrond (+1 dispel dice)

Noble, Battle Standard Bearer - 140 (Joins Spearmen)
    -Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak
    -Sword of Might
    -Talisman of Protection

Sorceress, level 1 - 140 (hides safely in a forest/building etc).
    -2x Dispel scrolls

CORE:
    18 Corsairs (6x3) - 230 (within 12" of BS
    -Full Command
    -Warbanner (+1 combat resolution)

18 Corsairs (6x3) - 195 (within 12" of BS
    -Musician
    -Standard bearer

20 Spearmen (5x4) - 185 (BSB here)
    -Full command
    -Shields

5 Dark Riders - 127 (flankers)
    Musician, Repeater crossbows

SPECIAL:
    6 Harpies - 78 (war machine hunters)

Cold one Chariot with spears - 97 (Noble here)
    Cold one Chariot with spears - 97 (stays next to Noble for combined charge)

5 Cold One Knights - 172 (flankers)
    -Dread Knight, Musician

RARE:
    Reaper bolt thrower
    Reaper bolt thrower

War Hydra

TOTAL = 2000
    Power Dice: 3
    Dispel Dice: 4 (2 Scrolls)

NOTES:

-Sea Dragon Cloaks (+1 to armour save, +2 against shooting).
    -Chariots & Cold one Knights cause fear

DEPLOYMENT:
    Spearmen in the centre, with Battle standard.
    War Hydra on one side of them. Chariots (+General) on other side. Then a unit of Corsairs next to the Hydra & Chariots.
    This gives me a centre where 3 strong units of infantry all benefit from both the Battle Standard bearer & the General's leadership value, making them very resistant..
    The War Hydra will cause Terror tests to anything that charges it or the units next to it.

Dark Riders & Cold one Knights will deploy on each flank. Once the centre units have tied up enemies in combat, these units will flank charge if possible.
    The Dark riders can also act as march blockers against armies which are fast enough to charge me first. Or bait enemies to charge & then flee, leaving them stranded & exposed to counter charges

Harpies deploy where-ever they can find a path to enemy war machines to slice up the crew, keeping my units safe. Or flanking.
    Sorceress is placed somewhere that she cant be easily reached, shot or killed. Keeping my magic defense in tact & denying easy victory points.

Bolt throwers will NEVER deploy next to eachother. I always keep them seperate so that 1 single tactic can never get both of them (so for example, fliers or a burrowing unit can only attack 1, not both).
    They will shoot down tough units such as monsters (Giants, Ushabti etc) or well armoured units like Cavalry.

My army will advance quickly. The centre units will mostly maintain that original formation to keep all those benefits.
    I dont have a lot of magic defence, but it's enough to ward of any major damage while I advance. Once I reach combat, it is less of a problem (wizards are killed or cant see etc).

Both Chariots will charge units head on at the same time, causing 2D6+2 S5 impact hits + 3 S6 attacks + 7 S4 attacks, enough to crush almost anything.
    The Hydra will charge & cause terror tests amongst the enemies centre (at least 1 unit should flee per game).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Wow, a superb tactical matchup. The two walls force the action to the middle, but both armies can circumvent the walls to some degree.

Harpies will fly over and Dark Riders might slip past. For Chaos, the beast herd, furies, and war hounds will work the seams in the wall.

Meanwhile, the Dark infantry can form a solid infantry core to advance on the gap in the wall with chariots and cold ones threatening the flanks, with the bolt throwers wreaking havoc from their hill, an obvious advantage for the DEs.

But the DEs will face stiff competition from marauder and warrior units supported by knights, lead belchers, and an ambushing beast herd.

Magic favors neither army.

This game would also be a lot of fun to watch. I think whoever wins first move has a big advantage. Spector, you need to generate a random roll! :w00t:
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

My vote goes to the Dark Elves for this one. The RBT's could kick out some damage, and they have a hil to set up on. the advancing chaos will be streamlined due to the walls, allowing the chariots and war hydra to set up some nice charges.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I think the walls fill force the two armies to fight head on, and in that kind of fight I can only see the forces of Chaos emerging victorious!

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    I think the walls fill force the two armies to fight head on, and in that kind of fight I can only see the forces of Chaos emerging victorious!
    I think the DE know at least this much, and will avoid fair combats. It's not like they will willingly take on a unit of warriors with only one unit, and as DavidVC04 pointed out, there can be major flank charges from the DE chariots and Hydra.

The chariots, hydra and rbts have a real edge on this map and against this chaos army. My vote goes to Dark Elves

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I'm curious to hear what either or both of the generals have to say.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I only just realised my list was up for voting again, had been pre-occupied with a new FB battle report.

Hmm.. ok.. I think since I have the only shooting I would be the player with the luxury of holding back and allowing the enemy to feed themselves into the trap.
    As AsraiFlame said, I atleast know chaos are hard in CC and I wouldnt just go crashing my T3 elves into 1 on 1 or 'fair' fights.

Obviously I have my RBT's on the hill. Which favors me. Also, on a normal 4'x6' field, The Chaos forces have a much shorter distance to traverse in order to reach me.. Here they have a looong 6' to get across..
    I'd put my 3 Core units together in front of the hill, with the General's chariot not too far away. So I get my solid backbone of good static CR units + re-rolled break tests + generals leadership.

I'd send my harpies & dark riders up to march block units as they pass between the walls, bogging them down to cause some congestion at the bottle-neck & allow more shooting.

4 hard hitters, Hydra, 2 Chariots, Cold one Knights. I would use 2 of these to support a march blocker each, either threatening units out of attacking them, or simply smashing any unit that does attack them & leaves themselves exposed.
    The other 2 would stay back on the flank of my 3 infantry units, to pincer (flank on both sides) remaining enemies as they charge my infantry line & get bogged down.
    (and thats if I dont get the charge first, which is quite possible, and even better).

The Beastherd probably dont have fantastic Ld ?, so I would try to force a terror test on them at some point.

I think I have enough flexibility to adjust to whatever different tactics the Chaos army tries.
    I tend to be able to predict what will happen just from seeing where things are deployed.

First turn would be important, but we cant factor that here.

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elveswill win this one. They can shoot, use their infantry blocks as an anvil, and destroy anything that gets through that bottleneck with flank charges.

-Paz
    Rork edit: Woah! Check your spelling - you only give "special chocies" to your girlfriend.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    This is true, but dark elves aren't stupid and I don't think there's any way they would be drawn into single combat. The ranged power of the dark elves combined with the layout of this map gives the dark elves the advantage of forcing the enemy to bring the fight to them. By the time RBT's have had their say and the forces of chaos begin filtering through the walls, I think the dark elves will be in a good position to take the hardened chaos forces on terms that favor the elfy way of doing things.

Victory for the Dark Elves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll decline to comment until I've heard from the chaos general. Dark Elves may have the luxery of the RBT, but they do have a limited range. If I were the chaos player I'd simply hold my position out of range of the RBTs until they are down off that hill, and then use the stonewalls for cover. If those RBTs aren't moved forward, then something will have to happen, and either way it could be the dark elves who become congested.
    So Sayeth Jimmy boy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast