AoD Warhammer Gladiator Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

Warhammer Gladiator Tournament

I am looking for 16characters maximum, places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If there is an odd number then I will enter one to make up the numbers.

How to enter

You are allowed to use any Lord or Hero character from any of the current army books, this includes any official and legal supplements (ie SOC or Lustria). Below you will find a list of rules on how things work, however there are a few limits on your characters.
    Each character must be named
    They must be legal and cost no more than 300pts in total
    They cannot ride monstrous mounts (mounts with more than one wound)
    No special characters
    In addition, each one must be accompanied by a background and a description of them for my write ups.

To enter you reply in this thread, along with:
    Name [of character]
    Total cost

All models get an xtra 50pts to spend on magic items normal rules apply though.

Each player will have 1 dispell dice (2 for dwarves, khorne worshippers or warrior priests)

Additional Rules

Gaze of the Gods - Same points cost, before the battle roll a D6 - 1 = you get a 6+ ward, 2-3 = you get a 5+ ward, 4-6 = you get a 4+ ward. Such is the fickle nature of chaos.

Warpstone amulet - Same points cost, but roll to see if you die BEFORE the fight instead of afterwards.

Killing Blow - If a character scores a KB hit then this is how damaged will be worked out: D2+n

(n stands for the number of original wounds the character had minus two. This gives a 50% chance of killing a character off.)

Empire Prayers - All prayers work as normal, but Unbending Righteousness is not available and the Soulfire pray does D3 hits, not D6.

The following items are banned, they are found to be too powerful or have an unfair advantage in an Arena of Death game.
    Tress of Isolde
    Sword of Fate
    Van Horstmann's Speculum
    The Daemon Sword
    The Fellblade
    The Bane Head
    The Grudge Rune
    The Talisman of Saphery
    Kurbog's Curmudgeonly Klobbera
    Virtue of Confidence
    Annoyance of Netlings

Also, any item that includes in its rules "nominate one enemy character" is illegal.

How it works

If you have never fought in one of these, the point is to pit two characters against one another, one on one. In all essence it is a duel [challenge] in a normal game but with a few differences. Namely, they’re trapped in an arena with the only way out is to kill or be killed.

There is no magic phase or shooting phase, but bound spells are allowed if they are combat orientated. I will roll a match up between two characters until one perishes. The one who remains standing will be the victor and progress to the next round.

The battles will be represented by a ‘story’ format written by myself and following that will be a note of how many wounds were caused by each other in each round. For example:

[ (i) CA: 2 CB: 1 (ii) CA: 1 CB: 3 ] etc

[CA = Character A, CB = Character B, (x) = Round number ]

- Strike First

- First round of combat
    In the first round of combat, both warriors count as charging for the purposes of lances and other special rules. If neither warrior has a 'strike first' ability (or a 'strike last' ability), the person with the highest Initiative will strike first. If both warriors are equally entitled to strike first (usually because they have equal initiative), striking order will be determined randomly.
    - Later rounds
    In later rounds of combat, neither warrior gets charging bonuses (pretty obvious ). Strike order will be determined using the same system as in the first round of combat - however, in cases of equal initiative, the die to determine strike order is not rolled. Instead, the person who struck first last time will strike first again, combat alternating between each warrior.
    - After the Fight
    After the fight, the victor advances to the next round. Any wounds they suffer are healed, as well as any other effects (such as the manbane poison: or anything else that permanently reduces statistics). It is as if the last fight never happened!

- Break tests
    Break tests are ignored in the Arena (where are they going to run in a ring of death?). Other psychology that may force an opponent to flee from combat is also ignored. THERE IS NO WAY TO FLEE IN AN AOD. For this reason, panic, unbreakable and Stubborn also have no effect.

In addition, undead warriors ignore the rule that causes them to take wounds from combat resolution. In a similar manner, daemonic characters do not suffer from instability.

- Fear
    Fear is ignored in the arena.

- Hatred
    Hatred is also handled as normal. The warrior will re-roll failed 'to hit' rolls against hated foes.

- Stupidity
    Each turn the warrior will take a Ld test. If failed, a further die will be rolled. On a 1-3, the warrior will strike last, on a 4+ they will strike as normal.

- Frenzy
    While there's nowhere to run, you can still have the confidence and fighting frenzy knocked out of you, and therefore models do lose frenzy as normal.

This is my second arena tournament so people who apply for this thnx and good luck my chosen champions.

Last edited by throkkenn; July 6th, 2007 at 12:00.
    Im always 2 steps a head and one step behind you!

Your mind is a maze and only you have the map. (I lost mine years ago.)

2. Remove Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Leeds, Yorkshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Not that I mind you using my setup - I would suggest you remove my name part way in there. You're not KU. -__^

Also, twenty-four participants will not work correctly.

24 = 12 battles = 12 winners
    12 = 6 battles = 6 winners
    6 = 3 battles = 3 winners
    3 = 1 battle with one fighter spare

It won't be an equal number.

Post Rules for magic items plz
    This is not allowed on LO, posting rules on LO is against copywrite.

Best of luck with your arena.

+ Reply to Thread