AoD Warhammer arena of death tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Junior Member Drazak Darkhanded's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Warhammer arena of death tournament

"Welcome fellow warriors to the arena of death were glory will be found today by one warrior above the reast"

Hello i am making an arena of death and would like 16 people to join maximum if there is an odd number i will enter a character.

No model can cost more than 300pts
    Each model can have upto 200pts to spend on magic items normal rules apply though
    No model can have killing blow or any item that target one enemy model.
    Each character must be named
    They cannot ride monstrous mounts (mounts with more than one wound)
    No special characters
    In addition, each one must be accompanied by a background and a description of them for my write ups.

Gaze of the Gods - Same points cost, before the battle roll a D6 - 1 = you get a 6+ ward, 2-3 = you get a 5+ ward, 4-6 = you get a 4+ ward. Such is the fickle nature of chaos.

Warpstone amulet - Same points cost, but roll to see if you die BEFORE the fight instead of afterwards.

The following items are banned, they are found to be too powerful or have an unfair advantage in an Arena game.
    Tress of Isolde
    Sword of Fate
    The Daemon Sword
    The Fellblade
    The Bane Head
    The Grudge Rune
    The Talisman of Saphery
    Kurbog's Curmudgeonly Klobbera
    Virtue of Confidence
    Annoyance of Netlings

Magic items

How it works

If you have never fought in one of these, the point is to pit two characters against one another, one on one. In all essence it is a challenge in a normal game but with a few differences. Namely, they’re trapped in an arena with the only way out is to kill or be killed.

There is no magic phase or shooting phase, but bound spells are allowed if they are combat orientated. Also if you have a missile weapon you can shoot that before the combat happens. I will roll a match up between two characters until one perishes. The one who remains standing will be the victor and progress to the next round.

The battles will be represented by a ‘story’ format written by myself and following that will be a note of how many wounds were caused by each other in each round. For example:

[ (i) CA: 2 CB: 1 (ii) CA: 1 CB: 3 ] etc

[CA = Character A, CB = Character B, (x) = Round number ]

- Strike First

- First round of combat
    In the first round of combat, both warriors count as charging for the purposes of lances and other special rules. If neither warrior has a 'strike first' ability (or a 'strike last' ability), the person with the highest Initiative will strike first. If both warriors are equally entitled to strike first (usually because they have equal initiative), striking order will be determined randomly.
    - Later rounds
    In later rounds of combat, neither warrior gets charging bonuses (pretty obvious ). Strike order will be determined using the same system as in the first round of combat - however, in cases of equal initiative, the die to determine strike order is not rolled. Instead, the person who struck first last time will strike first again, combat alternating between each warrior.
    - After the Fight
    After the fight, the victor advances to the next round. Any wounds they suffer are healed, as well as any other effects (such as the manbane poison: or anything else that permanently reduces statistics). It is as if the last fight never happened!

- Break tests
    Break tests are ignored in the Arena (where are they going to run in a ring of death?). Other psychology that may force an opponent to flee from combat is also ignored. For this reason, panic, unbreakable and Stubborn also have no effect.

In addition, undead warriors ignore the rule that causes them to take wounds from combat resolution. In a similar manner, daemonic characters do not suffer from instability.

- Fear
    Fear is ignored in the arena.

- Hatred
    Hatred is handled as normal. The warrior will re-roll failed 'to hit' rolls against hated foes.

- Stupidity
    Each turn the warrior will take a Ld test. If failed, a further die will be rolled. On a 1-3, the warrior will strike last, on a 4+ they will strike as normal.

- Frenzy
    While there's nowhere to run, you can still have the confidence and fighting frenzy knocked out of you, and therefore models do lose frenzy as normal.

Thanks for that people

The pain you will feel in hell is nothing compaired to the pain i will cause you before i send you there.

Who dares challenge my word will die a most painful death.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

for starters clone accounts are not permitted on librarium online mr throkkenn.

second you have already opened a thread identical to this one in this very forum no less than today.

this thread will be locked and you are hereby given a warning. repeating such a offence may result in an infraction.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Closed Thread