Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've compiled a full list of critical dice roll statistics for Warhammer Fantasy.
You can download it here : http://www.RemanLegions.com/Math-Hammer.pdf <--updated with new material 7/28/09
This document is designed to be a simple quick reference chart for use during game-play, so it will be lacking a few complicated situations such as combinations of multiple attacks and CR to determine average chances of success. Calculations like that require more than a simple chart.
The list covers:
* % chance to pass Leadership tests with LD 2- LD 10 (including BSB re-roll & Cold-Blooded)
* % chance to successfully cast or dispel a spell with Power Level 3-15 on 1D6-5D6
* % chance to cast a spell with Irresistable Force (or Auto-Dispel) on 1D6-5D6 (including Book of Hoeth)
* % chance to Miscast on a spell (or Auto-Fail Dispel) on 1D6-5D6 (including Ring of Hotek)
* The suggested # of dice to roll for each power level
Shooting & Combat-
* % chance to successfully hit with shooting on 1D6 needing 2+ - 9+ to hit (including re-rolls)
* % chance to successfully hit in combat on 1D6 needing 2+ - 6+ (including re-rolls)
* # of dice rolls needed to average 1 hit with shooting needing 2+ - 9+ to hit (including re-rolls)
* # of dice rolls needed to average 1 wound in combat needing 2+ - 6+ to hit (including re-rolls)
* # of dice rolls needed to average 1 wound with shooting & combat needing 2+ - 6+ to wound (including re-rolls)
*% Chance to escape any combination of infantry/cavalry/dwarfs when fleeing from combat
If you have any suggestions for stats to be added please PM me and I'll see if I can add it in.
Sweet i never worried much about mathammer in 40k but since im newly moving into FB this will help me figure out what are smart moves to make with less trial and error
Did you design the whole page? it was very nice and easy to read
"Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"
Very nice. One thing I'd suggest is reevaluating the suggested dice amount for casting big spells. Yeah 5 dice at a 12+ goes off more often, but you also miscast a lot more often. And really you're only increasing your success chance by like 5-7%.
You could also add in a casting chance with the tendrils of tzeentch ability
US Master's Midwest Advisor.
Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com
Thanks for posting this. This is a big help for my math stunted brain
could you include casting value for spells over15+? like the skaven dreaded 13th spell? the new beast summoning spell, and lord croaks 20+ version of his spell?
also can you include the odds of catching a fleeing enemy with a bloodgreed unit? coz they only pursue 1d6