101 Ways to Win at Warhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

101 Ways to Win at Warhammer

EDIT: COMPLETED LIST (LINK) (101 Ways to Win at Warhammer)

So this is the thought I had:

A set of axioms (or as close as well can come to one, considering how we all tend to disagree! ) illuminating the finer points of playing a solid game of Warhammer. Try to keep them short and pithy. I'll start with a few, but feel free to dispute them.

1. Know your army's weaknesses and strengths. Avoid the first and exploit the second.
    2. Know your enemy's weaknesses and strengths. Exploit the first and avoid the second. (If you can't buy all the armybooks, then either borrow a friend's to read thumb through them at your local store. And the obvious one: pay attention when you're playing different armies.)

Okay, #2 was a bit longer than I originally meant, but you get the point. A lot of smart players regularly visit LO, so I'm curious what you people think. And it'd be kind of cool to have a set of guiding principles that could apply to any army.

Last edited by Sammy the Squib; August 4th, 2007 at 21:17.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Good topic, I like this!!

3) Don't be afraid to tailor your army to fight different opponents: If you opponent is fast and light armoured, be shooty. If they are slow, be fast etc. My brother says that this is beardy, but I state that the wise general will take the troops best for the job.

4) Know your enemy: If your playing in a tournament over a few weeks and you know who you are playing next, study them. Learn how they play the game, and how well they play. (NB. This should only really be applied to tournaments.)

5) Be humble when you win and gratious when you lose: The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Compliment their army choices and thank them for the battle, not matter what the outcome is.
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

4. LikeTerondrius liked this post.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Really good entires, Gingerninja. Now we have to get some other people posting here.

So here's an update of what we have so far.

1. Know your army's weaknesses and strengths. Avoid the first and exploit the second.

2. Know your enemy's weaknesses and strengths. Exploit the first and avoid the second. (If you can't buy all the armybooks, then either borrow a friend's to read thumb through them at your local store. And the obvious one: pay attention when you're playing different armies.)

3. Don't be afraid to tailor your army to fight different opponents: If your opponent is fast and light armoured, be shooty. If they are slow, be fast, etc. My brother says that this is beardy, but I state that the wise general will take the troops best for the job.

4. Know your enemy: If your playing in a tournament over a few weeks and you know who you are playing next, study them. Learn how they play the game, and how well they play. (NB. This should only really be applied to tournaments.)

5. Be humble when you win and gratious when you lose: The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Compliment their army choices and thank them for the battle, not matter what the outcome is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Never cheat, and smite those who do
    Cheating destroys the fun of the game, and winning by cheating is no win at all.
    Dare to play honest and dare to talk with those who cheat!

7. Play with humour and courage
    Have fun as you play, and never give up until its done.
    Dont worry about the outcome and have the guts to do what you want.

Just erase if these wont do.
    Greetings from Sweden

http://www.markofchaos.com/videos.php?clip=1#top
    Nice warhammer video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8. Paint Your Army
    The Dice Gods,
    dig fully painted troops
    and will smile upon them with sixes:ninja:
    Peace, lurks in the Jungle...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

[QUOTE=DavidVC04]Really good entires, Slann mage Tokes and The Greenskin.

So here's an update of what we have so far.[/quote=DavidVC04]

3. Don't be afraid to tailor your army to fight different opponents: If your opponent is fast and light armoured, be shooty. If they are slow, be fast, etc. My brother says that this is beardy, but I state that the wise general will take the troops best for the job.

4. Know your enemy: If your playing in a tournament over a few weeks and you know who you are playing next, study them. Learn how they play the game, and how well they play. (NB. This should only really be applied to tournaments.)

5. Be humble when you win and gratious when you lose: The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Compliment their army choices and thank them for the battle, not matter what the outcome is.

6. Never cheat, and smite those who do.
    Cheating destroys the fun of the game, and winning by cheating is no win at all.
    Dare to play honest and dare to talk with those who cheat!

7. Play with humour and courage.
    Have fun as you play, and never give up until its done.
    Dont worry about the outcome and have the guts to do what you want.

8. Paint Your Army
    The Dice Gods,
    dig fully painted troops
    and will smile upon them with sixes:ninja:

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Be a sporting player. Winning isn't everything, i generally use WHFB as something to do when i hang out with certain mates. If someone's charge is out by a quarter of an inch, what the hell, i always give it to them

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Know the definition of victory. Is victory crushing your foe with a beardy army, or a draw and having a really good time doing it?

Don't fear a Challenge If you have the best calvary in the game, why not throw in some infantry too. Challenging lists and games are usually the most enjoyable too.

Feel free to edit/reword them.

-SgtSnipe

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

These are all great entries on how to play warhammer and make it fun for both players so sorry if my entry seems a little too focused on winning.

12 Rip the heart out of the enemy Every army has a core to it, its artillary, its magic, its cavelry. Seek to strike at an armies core and destroy it quickly.

13 Seek to end a battle quickly If an opportunity presents itself to destroy several enemy units in one turn and win the battle take it. More is lost through indecision than through a wrong decision.

14 Base your decisions on probabilities not potential What could happen isn't necessarily what will happen. 20 goblin archers all firing will not kill 20 opponents.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q
    12 Rip the heart out of the enemy Every army has a core to it, its artillary, its magic, its cavelry. Seek to strike at an armies core and destroy it quickly.

13 Seek to end a battle quickly If an opportunity presents itself to destroy several enemy units in one turn and win the battle take it. More is lost through indecision than through a wrong decision.
    Have you by any chance read the art of war?

Ciao

Stonehambey

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. August 5th, 2008, 23:15