Battle Report: High Elves vs Ogres 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Battle Report: High Elves vs Ogres 2000

Here's the result of a league game at our local store. It was quite a success for the elves.

The Armies:

Ogres: 2000

Bruiser: (forget his exact weapons) Had a brace of Handguns
    Bruiser: Battle Standard Bearer
    Butcher: Bangstick, Dispel Scroll
    Hunter: Mastodon Armor, 2x Sabertooths
    -------
    Bulls: 8, Naked with Club, Standard, Champ
    Bulls: 8, Naked with Club, Standard, Champ
    Gnoblars: 20
    Gnoblar Trappers: 9 with groinbiter
    -------
    Scrappalauncha
    ------
    Gorger
    Maneaters: 3 with Braces of Handguns

Elves: 2000

Archmage: Lvl4, Ring of Fury, Silver Wand, Dispel Scroll, Pure of Heart
    Mage: lvl 2, Seer, Jewel of Dusk
    ----
    10x Archers
    20x Spearmen, Musician, Lion Standard
    18x Spearmen
    5x Silver Helms, Full armor upgrades
    ----
    5x Dragon Princes, Full command, Banner of Sorcery
    2x Chariots
    5x Shadow Warriors
    -------
    2x RBT
    2x Eagle

Lvl4 took Lore of Life, and got all but father of thorn
    Lvl2 took Lore of Metal, taking Distillation of Molten Silver, and Transmutation of Lead

K so my drawings aren’t perfect. It’s hard to get everything in proportion. If something charges at something that it doesn’t look like it could, it’s cause I drew something wrong.
    Terrain:

Deployment:

Turn 1 Elves:
    Dragon Princes advance slowly out of the trees. They had been placed in there to prevent trappers from harassing my bolt throwers. Silver helms move forward slowly as well. Eagle 1 flies over the rocks to distract the scrappalauncha, and eagle 2 flies up behind the trees to start march blocking next turn.
    The magic phase started with a bang. My very first spell is a miscast, ending my magic phase immediately.
    Shooting proves useful. I put 2 wounds on the maneaters, and 3 on the large Ogre unit.

Turn 1 Ogres:
    The Scrappalancha charges the Eagle, which flees back over the rocks. The rest of the Ogre force advances full pace. The Hunter arcs over getting closed to the forest.
    Ogre magic is easily dispelled.
    No shooting allowed due to the distance the Ogres moved.

Turn 2 Elves: Shadow Warriors come out of the woods. Eagle 1 rallies, and Eagle 2 flies over the Ogre line to marchblock everything. Silver Helms move around the flank, while Dragon Princes advance slowly again.
    Magic phase does *slightly* better. My lvl 2 miscasts while trying to cast Molten Steel, and deals 1 wound to himself. My Archmage though put some wounds onto the main Ogre unit, and tried to cast Rain Lord on the Scrappalauncha, but failed. Ring of Fury and some arrows from the archers took the trappers down to 1 model. Bolt thrower hits the Hunter, killing 1 sabertooth, and wounding the other.

Turn 2 Ogres:
    The main Ogre unit moves forward 6 inches, marchblocked by the Eagle. The other Ogre unit cannot fit between the trees, and so manuvers a bit to get around them. The Maneaters enter the woods, and the Hunter hops partially in the woods to gain cover. The scrappalauncha moves forward slightly, and aims for the archers. Gnobblars turn to face the eagle.
    Ogre magic is once again dispelled. The scrappalauncha kills 3 archers, and some shots from a few braces of handguns kill a few spearmen. The hunter fires his harpoon and kills a dragon prince.

Turn 3 Elves:
    The Dragon Princes charge the Hunter. I misjudged this one slightly, underestimating the leadership of the Hunter, and the angle of the maneaters. The rest of my army moves back slightly, ensuring that the Ogres cannot charge yet. Silver Helms race around the flank, while my Eagles get in the way of everything in the Ogre line.
    Magic proves useful again, and I deal a whopping 10 or so wounds to the large Ogre unit. Shooting deals some damage to the smaller unit. I’m now confident that I can take the main Ogre unit in combat with how much damage I’ve dealt.
    The Dragon Princes kill the sabertooth, and wound the Hunter, but take a wound themselves. The hunter refuses to run.

Turn 3 Ogres:
    I didn’t think they’d be able to, but the Maneaters charge my Dragon Princes. On the other side of the field, the Ogre general realizes that he can’t take much more magic and shooting, and so advances forward into charge range. The Scrappalauncha again fails a charge on an Eagle which flies back behind my lines again. The butcher hops out of the unit.
    Ogre magic once again fails, and their shooting it limited to a few archers.
    In combat, the Maneaters crush the Dragon Princes, and a single rider flees. He’s captured my Banner of Sorcery.

Turn 4 Elves:
    Both of my Spear units charge. The larger unit is in contact with the bulls, and the smaller unit makes contact with both the bulls and butcher. Both chariots charge into the side of the butcher. My magic phase sees the Bulls weapons transmuted to lead, and some more damage is dealt to the other bull unit. Shooting takes the Maneaters down to 1, and puts some more wounds into the bulls.
    The resulting combat sees the bulls defeated, and run down. My spearelves overrun into the other bull unit. The chariots crush the butcher, but are blocked from overrunning into anything useful.

Turn 4 Ogres:
    The Gorger finally arrives. The Scrappalauncha charges one of my chariots. The Hunter tries to fire a bolt through my helms, but fails to hit. The last maneater moves towards my main lines.
    The scrappalauncha breaks one of my chariots, which flees. It then crashes into the next chariot. The combat with the other Ogres goes very well, and the last bull unit breaks. The spearelves overrun into the gnobblars.

Turn 5 Elves:
    I forgot to move my Silver Helms, but at this point the game is practically won. My 2nd unit of Spearelves charges the flank of the ScrapLauncha. The Gorger that just walked on the board is quickly destroyed with magic, and the last maneater dies to shooting. I unleash a hail of bolts into the Hunter, but he apparently has armor that makes him very hard to kill with ranged weapons. He’s left with 1 wound.
    The combat with the Gnoblars is tied. The ScrapLauncha breaks, and is run down by a chariot.

Turn 5 Ogres:
    The Hunter charges my Silver Helms, and kills one. They hold. The battle with the gnobblars is once again a draw. How do Elves beat Ogre Bulls in combat, and then tie with gnobblars?

Turn 6 Elves:

An Eagle joins the combat with the gnobblars, and proves to be enough to break them. They are run down by spearelves.
    The Hunter and Silver helms fail to hurt eachother.

Turn 6 Ogres:
    The Hunter is struck down by a Silver Helm. The game ends with not a single Ogre left on the field.

Hope you enjoyed!

The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Good win. I think you did well to win so convincingly considering the massive difference between strength and toughness of elves/ogres. Even though im a dark elf player, i still like to see the other elves making a good name for us all.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

very well done! good use of supportive magic, movement and tactics!

and i like ur list a lot!
    2006 Record (2k pts): High Elves: 20/5/2 (wld)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ir/banner5.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

What do you mean when you say?

My chariot flee's but crashes into my other one.

Just Wondering,

Nice Report

eagletsi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

My first chariot broke and fled, and the scrappalauncha overran and crashed into the next one. I guess I worded that funny, my mistake.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.