Pistoliers and Fast Cavalry rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Pistoliers and Fast Cavalry rule

Well this is a question that poped into my head after reading Fast Cavalry rules a bit more (being new to fantasy and all) and I noticed the rule where they can shoot while marching. So thats cool and all but it says to take into account the move and shoot rules for minuses. Now this is where I want to make sure I'm right, pistol rules say you don't have to minus for moving and shooting so does that mean I can march and shoot my pistols and still hit on 5+?

Just a little question that has been bothering me so it would be very nice to be rid of it so thank you for time .

Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Exactly, you can move and shoot without penalty with a pistol. In the case of pistoliers, you can double-move and shoot without penalty. And even better, you can always stand and shoot with pistols, as long as some nasty spell hasn't buggered your guys.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Thanks a lot as I have been playing it wrong then. So good thing I read into the rules a bit and again thank you .
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Thank god some rules are spelled out clearly in the book! :yes: It'd be a disaster if any rules were somehow open to interpretation.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x6)

Pistoliers

Once people realize how to actually use them they realize how good Pistoliers are for their cost. Granted hitting on 5's isn't the most wonderful thing, but they are really nasty to use as harashers and will really get under and opponents skin quickly. They are excellent if your opponent uses a block of knights as just run on in march block and shoot away. You should always be able to manuever carefully out of the charge arch, and worse comes to worse voluntariliy flee and when you rally your good to move again! Gotta love fast cav with pistols
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)