IW Chaos Terminator Lord - Equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IW Chaos Terminator Lord - Equipment

Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss this, as it might become a decent discussion (And I want the question answered, too ). I've got a metal Chaos Terminator Lord coming in the mail, and from what I understand, he comes with four potential weapons. On the right arm, there's the kai gun and a sword of some sort. On the left is a Combi-Melta and a Lightning Claw. Link to where I'm getting these guesses from; http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...2096&orignav=9

Anyway, my question to all of you; I intend to make a pretty shooty IW army (As one would expect), and I'm not sure as to whether to have a melee or ranged Lord. Suggestions on the ideal set-up, including actual builds based on the 4th Ed. Codex, are much appreciated, as are any modelling/painting tips (Not the right place, I know, but what the hell, thought I'd stick that out there).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when I played IW (about 5 yrs ago!) I used a cc-oriented lord which worked well to compliment the rest of the army - although I played a rather balanced list rather than an all shooting army. I think that as a rule, Chaos characters should be geared towards close combat rather than shooting because keeping them out of h2h wastes some of their significant strengths. Here's how I see it:

Sure, you have BS5 so you hit on 2s, but you're only going to kill a few enemies with that big expensive lord of yours. Instead, opt for some range (so you don't waste his formidable BS), but make sure he's equipped to bust heads in cc and play him aggressively against most enemies. That way, you'll be able to earn his points back as you cleave your way through enemy squads.

My lord was in Terminator armor, with twin LCs and Doom Bolt to give him some kind of firepower as he advanced. I liked to use a squad of termies to accompany him.

So, I would advise having a lord tooled for cc, with shooting being ancillary (but not necessarily neglected). That way you can keep him with the bulk of your army as a countercharge unit, or send him into the heart of the enemy with a transport or teleport attack!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another quick question; If the Lord is accompanied by a retinue of Chosen, do they have to be wearing the same armor that he is? I've pored over the Codex, but I can't find anything saying that they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Chief!

The new book is a lot more restrictive on all the little gizmos, gadgets and Daemonic powers available, AND available to each seperate HQ choice. You still have variation, but you will no longer be able to make wacky wacky combo's of Uber power like the 3rd Ed Codex.

Honestly, for your Termie Lord, I suggest giving him Terminator Armour, Mark of Tzeentch (better Inv++), and a Daemon Weapon of Tzeentch (Kai Gun).

Now, the Daemon Weapon can be used in HTH and for shooting, and is a two handed weapon. It can also take wounds off him if it backfires. Cool!.... But-

your model has a bunch of single handed weapons.... no worries! ... Alas-

your models' Sword arm and Kai Gun arm are both right handed! The best solution for this would be to use the Kai Gun right arm, and the Lightningclaw Left arm (but don't use the Lightning Claw in the game, it just looks cool on the model.)

Another good Build could be with a Mark of Slaanesh- he gains attack speed, and the daemon weapon can Instant Kill with a single touch. Great for taking on other characters and big ugleh creatures.

Q+A: In the new book, you no longer have retinues for HQ Characters. You get the character, and you get Chosen Seperate. This means you can attach Termie Lord to Power Armoured troops, or a normal Lord to Termies, you can do what you like. Note however, that the unit will move at the speed of the slowest model. So, if anyone is wearing Terminator Armour, then he, and his unit, will not be able Sweeping Advance after assaults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

+ Reply to Thread