Iron Warriors Fast Attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Iron Warriors Fast Attack

Do any Iron Warrior players bother fielding FA?

All the lists and advice for IW never mention FA.

If you field them what do you field?

Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I use to field IW, I would occasionally take tank hunting bikes. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

I agree with Nuclearfeet, Bikes were the way to go, due to their speed and ability to re-deploy to meet threats on the table. Don't get me wrong, Bikes are still fantastic.

But now, for a unit of 6 Standard bikes with nothing but their Toughness and ability to shoot on the move, you can have 7x CSM with Rhino, Bolters, same number of attacks in HTH as bikes, and Aspiring Champion with Powerfist.

Now, there are movement differences, also the move/shoot differences, and people can say bikes will take more punishment due to their Toughness.... but, a Rhino unit will either be in position to attack, or behind cover. Bikes can't utilize their shooting platform ability without presenting LoS to them selves... Sorta balances out the whole "bikes absorbing damage increased Toughness" thing for me vs shooting. For HTH, they have the same number of attacks, yet the CSM has an extra Bloke in the unit, and a Champ with Power Fist.

There will always be a time for Bikes, such as rapid assault/area denial, mini turbo Summoners, anti-tank, DS Termie support/Icon, situational assaults etc. But I would prefer more boots on the ground and a cheap-o mobile piece of terrain than Bikes. Just my opinion- again, bikes are great, but I will not be using them.

I feel Terminators are the way forward for rapid assaults. I intend on using no less than 8 with Mark of Khorne. So Cheap and deadly! *whirr whirr!*

With the loss of Daemonic Calvery and the other quick Daemonic upgrades, I will be playing a more relentless game with my Chaos, slowly but surely grinding down apon the opponent and invading their occupied space, until my goodies hit combat and Terminators join the fray to punch holes everywhere.

No longer will I play a snap attack, but I will play a solid, unyielding Chaos that just keeps turning up the pressureon the enemy until they break.

Just my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's not uncommon for I.W. players to field a single unit of raptors either. In the new codex, raptors are significantly better than bikers, especially since both can receive icons of the chaos gods. In fact, a 10 man raptor squad with the Icon of Nurgle is statistically the same our bikers, save for the turbo-boosting and the twin-linked bolter and for 8 points less. There again, 4th ed. raptors can also deep strike.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well

I use a unit of raptors in all of my IW armies. It sure makes it a lot more fun and it is something opponents don't generally expect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Raptors are a great choice. I used to use them all the time when I played IW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I think they've both got their merits; in an open field sort of environment, the Iron Warriors would probably want bikes to outflank the enemy as they charge into the teeth of their guns (usually the case when they are defending a fortification, I could see Iron Warriors practically begging for Bike duty as a relief to the long and boring work of siege warfare). When storming a fortification, it would be wise to have a squad of Raptors or two to scale the walls and support the rest of your forces, again on the flanks but this time in a more offensive situation. So the question is not really one of whether you should use fast attack but rather, are you a storming the barricades or manning them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Thanks for the feedback folks. I was toying with the idea of doing an Iron Warriors army for the new Codex and wanted to see what people thought about FA (I have 10 Raptors you see).

However the lure of Nurgle has taken me and it's a Nurgle Renegade force for me!

I appreciate your thoughts on the topic. :yes:
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

No worries Chief, that's what we are here for

Nurgle Raptors...... *spasms* {goofy}
    Last edited by jONESIE; August 16th, 2007 at 13:18. Reason: 'Chief' was spelt 'Cief' ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

+ Reply to Thread