fast attack ... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fast attack ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fast attack ...

hi i was wondering does any body have any ideas for some fast attack choices for my iron warriors.

as you all know iw are a very heavy orientated army,tanks and cannons and things.i was thinking of maybe a bike squadron? but am still not sure any body got a idea .

i know there is a few a iw players out there so please help am going nuts :roll:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I assume you'll use only one fast attack choice. Well I have both, and I think for the Iron Warriors the bikes are the better choice. Here's why:
    the two choices are roughly equal in speed and assault capability. However, as an Iron Warriors player I always spend the first couple of turns blazing away, and not move many units. The Raptors are basically doing nothing except moving in a good assault position. The bikes however are able to add their own firepower to the rest of the army, the twin bolters and plasmaguns if you take em can help you in completely destroying a squad or light vehicle that would otherwise still be around. So, first you shoot the enemy to soften them up, where the bikes can help you, and only then should you assault. Raptors are cool and also effective, but while you're still shooting they're doing nothing unless you keep them stationary and have 3 plasma guns (not too likely).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks bornin i think il go with the bikes but how many thore?
    i was thinking of about five or six so that they get a fighting chance to get to the target area? how many do you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Right now I have only 4, but I want to have 6. The problem is that my World Eaters also need bikes badly , so I guess I'll just have to get me 2 of those boxes at a time some day .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think il go for a nice round six too thanks a lot.

by the way do you know what the score is with possed marines ?.as it says in the codex that they harness bound daemonic energies to power cybernetic enhancements.
    does that mean that you can have them except that they have loads of bionics instead of tenticals and stuff or what?
    do you have any?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Yeah it means you can still use them, but the Daemonic gift you choose must be a bionic part instead of a mutated organic part. I don't have possessed right now, I did with the old codex and they looked awesome, and I used them in every battle, but I don't use them now because they could qualify for just about all Daemonic gifts available. I don't think I'll model new ones for my Iron Warriors, I'll stick with Chosen and 2 Obliterator Cults, which is more fitting with the background IMHO.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yer i agree ,thanks any way mate your a star.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Thanx! If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help!
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK I play Night Lords, the reverse of your iron within, iron without loons in that i can drop 2 HS choices and take an extra FA, if i use up all my options I take 2 raptor squad (the 0-1 restriction doesnt apply) and 2 bike squads, the problem I have is that this little lot is prohibively expensive, the raptors make a cheaper option of the two, admittedly they have 1 less T and A, but they have 2 weapons so that +1 A is negated, they can take 3 special weapons in a squad - better than the bikes, and they have the somewhat neat trick of demonic visage, them and their AC have it which means all your opponents moral checks are at -2, The bikes are nice, and i love em, but they eat points quicker, I would therefore suggest you consider the raptors. As for Fluff, I would suggest you look at the IW army on the codex, there are a number of raptors in that pic (admitedly the old figs)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks mate il keep that in minde next time but iv all ready got the bikes now .but the raptors are pritty cool modles so i might get some any way

by the way have you seen the new night lords marines from gws there scary. there is a boxed set and a mighty chapion they both look cool

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast