What to give Havocs now? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

What to give Havocs now?

Now that TH AC is no long an option, what are you going to arm your Havocs with?
    Are 8 S7 shots still good enough for you?
    Or are you going to mimic our loyalist lookalikes and use 4 ML?
    Or spend a lot of points on 4 LC?
    Or give them 4 HB and leave tank hunting to your Chosen, Oblits, Raptors and other units?

Some mathhammering for your pleasure:
    All AT options are equally good against AV 10, 11, more or less equal against AV 12, but AV 13 is where the problems start. Only 4LC Havocs can destroy an AV13 vehicle with any reliability, if you can call 43% a reliability.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Myself I will be going with 4 Autocannons, that way I can still take out infantry heavy forces easily, and still be effective towards and armour value upto 13, which will do me nicely.

BUT if Missile launchers turn out to be the same cost, I will take 4 missile and change depending on the situation.

(also I've been away for a while, and the new emotes suck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to use a havoc squad of TH AC and a havoc squad of HB's. Now I will use a squad of ML's for vehicles and a squad of AC for infantry killing +/- light vehicle killing. With the new squad heavy weapon requirements, I won't be putting many heavy weapons on the board outside of havocs.

Ang
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Missile Launcher and Autocannons are the same cost, heavy bolters are 5 pts cheaper, i know if i take havoc squads again, i'd probably take heavy bolters and put my anti tank in in the form of Obliterators, they are still excellent, if not better at that job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not such a no-brainer now with the new codex. I'm torn between AC and HB Havoc squads. I'm not big on loading up on the anti-tank weaponry, and yeah, I think other units can do it better (oblits, etc.). So HB is my initial choice.

But, autocannons have longer range and higher strength, meaning that w/ 8 shots the Havocs can be a threat to even AV13 vehicles. So I think I'll stick with the autocannon unit and leave the heavy bolters in my regular CSM squads.

+ Reply to Thread