Slaaneshi Sonic weaponry Thread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaaneshi Sonic weaponry Thread

Ok, well basically I'd like your opinion of the Noise Marines' sonic weapons, i.e. sonic blaster, doom siren and blastmaster. Does their extra cost justify their use (I've seen their stats, and the siren and blastmaster are certainly overpowered weapons in the hands of basic troops, methinks).

Please, answer at your leisure! )

What do Khorne Berzerkers say to Necrons after chopping some of their bits off? "BLOOD FOR... Eh? Come on! You just take the fun out of it... Scream! Yell! Awww... not even a trace of guts..." *sniffles and kicks dirt*

"You can go far with a smile. You can go even further with a smile and a gun"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Governor-Militant Vespa View Post
    Ok, well basically I'd like your opinion of the Noise Marines' sonic weapons, i.e. sonic blaster, doom siren and blastmaster. Does their extra cost justify their use (I've seen their stats, and the siren and blastmaster are certainly overpowered weapons in the hands of basic troops, methinks).

Please, answer at your leisure! )
    I assume you're speaking about the 4th edition version of the Sonic Armoury. My major disapointment is that only Noise Marines, not Chaos Marines with Icon of Slannesh, can use these. They already cost 5 points more than regular marines and you have to pay extra to get the sonic blaster. So, even if sonic blasters are awesome, I wouldn't field more than one squad of those.

As for the new blast master, equaly effective against troops or armors, most critics goes against it's prohibitive cost. At this cost, it's still a viable option, but you have to understand how to use it. It's pinning effect seems to account for a big portion of it's cost. All my Noise Marines squads will be equipped with one of those as they complement any other weapons the squad can have.

The new Doom Siren is simply magnificent and cost a fair amount of points.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

+ Reply to Thread