Chaos Spawn... Perhaps not that bad. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Chaos Spawn... Perhaps not that bad.

My friend pointed this out in the WD, first its one point higher in S and T than regular marines. Second he's fearless. And lastly, the one thing I think that most people missed, including me, was that he is a beast-- so that as possible average 20 inch move-fleet-charge, which is nice. I know how some of you feel about averages but I am just stating the possibility. At least, these are perfect for Necrons, IG, and Tau.

So... What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Now I had a discussion regards Spawn (and also Obilts) with a friend of mine.

The SaP rules state "move 2D6 and choose the highest" it doesn't mention Assault.

I agree with you that Spawn look great on paper but if SaP means they have to roll for their assault distance then they're not so great.

(awesome models though)
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

you're are forgetting that he probably won't move that far due to the fact that he is also slow and purposeful in addition to being a beast as well as having no save. they are good as speed bumps imo but not much else.

maybe I will use my Nurgling bases as chaos spawn....hmmmm....
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Just to make sure, is that considering Slow and Purposeful as well, Backdraft005?

I plan on getting some of the new plastics *drools* , as well as the old metal one, and buying some Wood Elf Dryads to make some too (combining 2 to look like a daemonic fire-spawn-thingy) <~~Idea pilfered from WD#? - 'Kill Team Nemesis' conversions

Can't wait to see them shamble across the table!

@ Squig- SnP also applies for Assaulting, I believe; BGB refers to 'all' movement, reguardless of phase
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

I was gonna ask this question and low and behold, someone did it for me.
    I still don't get it though, beast is same as cavalry right? which means its got a 12" charge
    the SaP seems kinda off, but hey 2 D6 and choosing highest isnt that bad, although i can see countless snakey's happening on this. so thats a possible 18" move on the assault, is this right?
    I don't know where the fleet is coming from, we have warp beasts in DE but they are treated as cavalry but stated as having fleet too. Can anyone clear this up please?
    They don't look that bad to use since they don't count as VP unless your using a spell to summon them and if the can move as fast as you guys are suggesting they will be a nice addition to my army.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

and buying some Wood Elf Dryads to make some too (combining 2 to look like a daemonic fire-spawn-thingy)

I used some dyrads to make daemonettes. Cliped off stray branches, Modeled on boobies with green stuff and painted them in a slaaneshy fashion.

Now they are just regular daemons... w/ big boobies.8Y
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

You're exactly right Dizzie, calvery all the way...

You would have your normal Spawn SnP for the Movement Phase, Fleet move (which is unhindered by terrain), and then double your score for SnP Assault move (as per BGBp57: Calvery Assault- but not the 'slowed' part as they are already moving slow 24/7).

Also remember BGB p16 'Random and Compulsory Movement' doesn't apply to this SnP movement, as it is not additional movement of any sort

About your DE Warp Beasts, the BGB clears that up- all Calvery/Beasts have Fleet reguardless. It's just the antiquity of the DE book
    Last edited by jONESIE; August 22nd, 2007 at 22:36.
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x3)

Rrrr... nah I did take in account of the SnP and the Fleet, along with the 12 charge. SnP doesn't modify the charge. I was going on average again, for the full distant it can move across the board. Which is more like 18 than 20, but still is nice especially with their Str and Tou they have with makes them ideal for Tau and IG, not to bad of a choice against Necrons. This said, they have a possible 24 if ya roll box cars. Just saying...

They can hide in the terrain and pop out when the enemy gets with 18 inches. Making a perfect unit to make your opponent warily.
    Last edited by Backdraft005; August 23rd, 2007 at 02:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft005 View Post
    SnP doesn't modify the charge..
    Are you sure?

So, Rubric Marines are Slow and Purposeful for the movement phase, but not to charge? Obliterators are SnP, but only for the movement phase? Not to charge?

Trust me, being SnP Beasts still means they are slowed, except they double the distance for the roll in the assault phase
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Combining the slow and purposeful "move as though in difficult terrain" with the charging "models in difficult terrain get slowed just like in the movement phase" and you get that a unit with SnP charges as if it's in difficult terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast