Librarium Online Forums banner

Chaos Squats

890 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  LordLink 
#1 ·
O.k, so i was thinking when i come back for summer or winter break, I may buy a unit of dwarves and convert them into chaos squats just for luaghs.:D What unit of dwarfs should be best for this and what could they count as. Oh, maybe chaos orks too.;)

#4 ·
Use Thunderers because they're already holding guns by default. From there, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to put all manner of comical backpacks and gear on them, and then add comically oversized beards with Green Stuff or from the Warriors/Longbeards box. Then, because they're Chaos Squats, give them some oversized hats. I know those are from Chaos Dwarves, but still. I can't be bothered to actually think right now.

#8 ·
As you can see from the reactions, they weren't too popular with the developers and were in fact quite a silly army. Their departure created a hole in the space-time continuum that could only be fixed by adding another joke race to the universe and Orks volunteered bravely to make the sacrifice, for the greater good of the hobby. They will be missed.

#10 ·
Squats were the bomb. GW just didn't want to seriousise them like they did with all the other armies post-Rogue Trader. Pretty much everything was silly back then - Marines running around with shuriken catapults and vortex grenades. Chain-reaction Perils of the Warp.

It was like, we want to make this hobby more serious and grim. We're not creative enough to apply those criteria to some space dwarves, but we can do it to the space elves, space orcs, space demons and space undead. Since we're lazy and no-one's buying the models anyway, we'll discontinue the army!

#13 ·
February this year I went up against an army of chaos squats at a tourney. He actually had the old squat models with chaos shoulder pads and bits of scout marine armour. It was a horde of squat 'marines' and squat terminators with 2 defilers and a lord on a cool mechanical spider thing to back it up.

Unfortunately he lacked anti-tank and my mech eldar tore it apart. :X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.