Help with Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Help with Grey Knights

I play thousand sons and i'm gonna be versing Grey Knights alot. Seems we rely alot on spells and thrallz but those grey knights with their darn 'Aegis' or whatever which stops a spell. I'm talking about how if you wanna cast a spell on a GK unit you gotta roll a dice and add the result to your leadership and the grey knight does the same etc etc etc.

Any tips on how to defeat these pesky pesky beasts?

Xoxox Magila

P.s. I only have the old Codex and not the newest one because i'm old school.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

Upgrade to the new dex ASAP.

Honestly, I'd use Warp Time as my power of choice, and unload as much AP3 TS bolter death as possible into the GK army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Old school hrmm?..

missing out on all those power armour piercing inferno bolts...

missing out on all that armour piercing doom bolt action...

all those free force weapons...

Also.. with the new codex.. nothing to stop you taking some terminators with combi plasma.. they'll mess up any marines pretty bad.

As for your problems.. I'd read the marine codex and make sure you know exactly how the aegis works

But you must understand that GK have a high level of magic resistance.. after all.. they're designed to fight us. it's like officially sanctioned metagaming.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

There are a decent amount of old threads with this same topic, try using the elusive forum search for those - As they have a lot of good advice.

For one small tip, remember that YOU have the advantage during Aegis tests. GK leadership is one less than your own and he has to BEAT you, if you tie, the power still goes off. And another thing to remember, minor psychic powers don't work on them, but they do work on yourself.

Good luck, and remember that we have a new codex out in a few days that you should grab ASAP. I think you'll like the suprise.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Yeah, I'm with everyone as far as picking up the new Codex, but in the meantime just take a Defiler with the Indirect Fire upgrade. Grey Knights hate huge Strength low AP ordnance weapons (as do most other things).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Well I lost again to those Grey Knights but I didn't do bad at all and it seems walking out from behind cover and rapid firing is good stuff. Thank you all for the good Ideas.

xoxox

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

The new TS should utterly destroy, and I mean DESTROY GKs. Most GKs function at medium range to dance around and cause attrition and then try to hop in to go for the "kill" Consider what would happen with the new TS' sterroid-bolter, and drive-by shootings... zoom, dakka dakka dead. ok, NEXT!
    The only unit that would really give you problems in GK infantry are the GKTs(those guys give ANY chaos player fits though. This may be where dreads/defilers may come in handy.
    Hope this helps. good luck!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say folks... Attrition based GK lists should do very very well against thousand sons lists. Cover saves, that range stopping thing. And the stormbolter is very good against the dusty boys.

I wouldn't take the loss too hard. Gks are exactly the worst enemy of the new/old thousand sons.

Just keep learning from what happens in game. Against Gk you already know what they are capable of, so you will have a lot of opportunity for play style variation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by purple40k View Post
    Gotta say folks... Attrition based GK lists should do very very well against thousand sons lists. Cover saves, that range stopping thing. And the stormbolter is very good against the dusty boys.

I wouldn't take the loss too hard. Gks are exactly the worst enemy of the new/old thousand sons.

Just keep learning from what happens in game. Against Gk you already know what they are capable of, so you will have a lot of opportunity for play style variation.
    probably, could do, I think, maybe, yes, positively, Absolutely, Fantastically-agree-with-you 153.27%!! :rofl

GK can do what TS do, but better (with older Chaos Dex). Harsh, but fair. 2 things are flowing in my mind- HQ setups with Daemonic Wargear etc, and the Pure TS setup.

Daemonic Wargear/Daemon Prince just wreck units, simple as that. Be careful of where GK 'Sacred Incense' is, and tear apart anything else I understand they don't come cheap, especially if you are already Tz based... but they work. Daemonic Speed comes to mind.

One main reason you will have problems is because it sounds like you are following a 'Cult' army, Free Asp Champs if you stick to the Cult entries. Honestly, paying for Aspiring Champs and getting some Raptors/Bikes/Bike HQ with Etherlance works, or going for some other non-Tz daemons (using plastic Wood Elf Dryads to make daemon-flame thingies would be a great TZ 'counts as' Bloodletters etc). The Free Asp Champ thing is very limiting, hence I used to pay for my champs and get the army some Infiltrating Raptors.

The other thing is how many Inducted/Allied units the GK player uses. You could spam some more Armour, Preds and the likes, if you feel you can overcome the opponents Dreads and/or Guard units, then throw your entire weight on the GK themselves- armour is good, but just something to overcome the fact that their basic infantry is better than yours. Find something to put in your list to take focus away from infantry spam

Aegis is just something you have to take on the chin. Or, you can turn his allied Guardsmen into Spawn, and let the GK take it on the chin! *loves Thralls*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

I like your ideas jONESIE but I love the cult classic too much regardless of aspiring champions. Plus i've never been afraid of a challenge. and i'll start taking thralls these days.

+ Reply to Thread