13th Black Crusade - UK based campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

13th Black Crusade - UK based campaign

Fellow Chaos generals:

In the first weekend of September 2008 (the 6th and 7th). The Tempus Fugitives will be hosting a 40K campaign at Warhammer World in Lenton, Nottingham, UK - the home of our hobby.

The campaign is a retelling of the 13th Black Crusade.

I have recently attended a campaign run by these chaps, and I had a fantastic time. It was well organised and fun. Even if I did get squished terribly by an Eldar Titan and Cheredanine was defeated by a pizza. Never before have I seen so many Trygons and Heirodules in one place!!

As it's the 13th Crusade there'll be several warzones for example:
    1. Cadia,
    2. Terminus Est involved with boarding actions
    3. Ahriman's cabal attacking the fairy webway to get into the Black Library

So how does it work?
    There'll be a lot of players. Maybe 10 seperate task forces, each one with 6 players. The Chaos forces will split into several task forces, one to attack the fairy library, another one on the terminus est, one to represent LaTD legions, another to represent Traitor Legions etc.

At this stage we just don't know yet. I'll be updating this post as I find out more.

Like I said before, their campaign weekends are very well run, and there'll be a lot of new units just for the campaign for example:
    1. Special rules for Nurgle Terminators
    2. Noise Marines mounted on steeds of Slaanesh
    3. Forge World vehicles/units

I intend to organise 1 or maybe more task forces to attend this campaign. If anyone is interested in attendin, then please use this thread to discuss matters. I'll be editing this top post extensively as I get more information.

There'll be chances to discuss rules and the units that the Tempus Fugitives propose, and we can have an input on matters ourselves.

Accomodation:

There are several hotels in Nottingham. The cheapest and most cheerful is probably the Gresham at approx £23 a night.. then we have the Marina which is a bit fancier at £56 for a double.

Either way.. what I imagine we'll do is probably book together when the time comes.

What will I need?

At this stage, the list sizes or types haven't been finalised. You'll need approximately 2500 points worth of painted army in general. Forgeworld flyers and the like will most likely be useable. I expect we may even see the forgeworld greater daemons too.

There'll be several lists used I imagine. not just one big fat 2.5K one. Also, there's not that much point writing lists at the moment, just incase you wish to include and campaign special units.

I'll help keep people posted.

IMPORTANT:
    One must realise that this is a campaign NOT a tournament. So, I will kindly ask that competitive behaviour/attitudes are culled before attending. The purpose of the campaign is to have fun not necessarily to win.
    So, if you can't get any joy from 40K other than winning, then please do not attend.

Cheers.

Karmoon

THE TASK FORCES:
    This is very much work in progress. I have very little idea how this will work out officially. So.. this is subject to change

Ahriman's Cabal:
    • 1. Franksi
    • 2. Nite Rabbit
    • 3. Process

Chaos Space Marines:
    • 1. Iron Angel
    • 2. Ginger Ninja
    • 3. Macewind
    • 4. Artemic

LaTD:

Last edited by Karmoon; September 12th, 2007 at 18:48.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Sign me up K! As discussed at the 2TW, i'm looking to build Ahrimans Cabal!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

So quick off the block!

i'm not even going to consider going until middle of next year. Made the mistake of diving in early last year, switching teams, taskforces beofre eventually pulling out lol.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hmm, sounds interesting. Put me down as a chaos player from the start... (Blows dust of night lords..). Time to begin the bombing!!!

WE HAVE COME FOR YOU!!!

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I plan on attending Papa K!

I will of course be bringing my chaos so I will keep checking back for any special rules updates...
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Papa K, you forgot yourself on lists mate

I will be attending, but what with is open to debate until I see the campaign pack, may be Eldar, may be Chaos (perhaps a nurgle renegade chapter - "The Redecorators"?)

Just so people know, for the last 2 years, ticket have been priced at £45
    that includes dinner and tea on saturday and dinner on sunday, you will of course mostly have to sort out accomodation (this is generally done through booking twin rooms en mass, how much did it cos Kar?)

You will need painted armies (3 colours and based), you are not likely to get flack about the quality of painting as generally everyone paints to different abilities, but unpainted or basecoated models are frowned upon and will cost points in 2008

As Karmoon said, expect the thing to be played for fun, power gamers may well find themselves outnumbered or peanalised other ways, special units will be in the campaign pack which will be put up in about a week (I suspect Karmoon or I will link), gerneally forgeworld, including fliers and super heavies are allowed

There will also be interesting army varriants like "Dark Mechanicus"

There is excellent story telling throughout the event in the form of briefings, and generally a spanking good time is had by all

(off to paint an eldar titan)
    Last edited by Cheredanine; September 5th, 2007 at 12:56.
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    So quick off the block!

i'm not even going to consider going until middle of next year. Made the mistake of diving in early last year, switching teams, taskforces beofre eventually pulling out lol.
    This is a VERY good point raised by Gareth.

Remember.. you don't have to rush for it ^__^
    It's not taking place for over a year. I'd just like to keep people posted and the like so if they should attend they'll be well prepared.

In fact, it's only through Gareth's misfortune that i was able to attend.

So, take it easy, relax and have fun.

:C

In the mean time.. i've built a semi list and edited the top page.
    As I said.. this is open to massive change.

PS.. does someone want to organise an imperial task force too?
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Well you already know where i stand! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Hey Franksi, first time ive found one of your posts!

Edit: There should be some more info going up at the end of this on the on the TF site, for now, TF hopes to have invented new rules for lesser daemons and daemonic beasts in the new pack. They are also interested in Blood Crushers, Plague Riders and other nastiness...

Campaign specific units ahoy then! And guess who's a play tester
    Last edited by macewind; September 5th, 2007 at 12:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Papa K, you forgot yourself on lists mate
    Heh.. i haven't decided yet.. that's all.

Currently I'm torn between all three to be honest.

It'd make Andsusciassus happy if i did 1K sons.. and it'd be a nice hommage to my epic army..

Then again.. i practically already have a normal CSM force.. Plus i've been working on nurgleators even prior to the campaign..

but the modelling opporunities for LaTD.... just wow.

anyway, as Mr. Cheredanine said, we'll keep you posted

@ Macewind
    nice to have you on board mate! WE'll make this one a glorious slaugter! hopefully in our favour this time >__<
    LO Rules

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

September 2008... I might just make it lemme get back to you Karmie when I know more about my job situation. Maybe I can bring Nef along while I'm at it I would be running an almost pure 1k sons unit ofcourse.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast