Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay... so we all know Ahriman is pretty bad ass. However some of the wording for his staff is a little off.
1) When they mention he can make 3 psychic tests per turn, does it mean in turn 1 or my/enemy turn. ( I'm thinking turn 1.. etc.. )
2) Okay, this is the real confusing one. It later goes on to say that the staff allows him to use 7 powers that count as firing a wpn. in the shooting phase. Don't all powers require a psychic test? So the why does it say several? If he actually is allowed to fire several that should mean that he can shoot 7 bolts of change or use doombolt 7x. However, that could also mean that you could mix and match 7 different powers to fire. OR did they mean to say he can use his bolt pistol 7x.
3) Can he or any other psycher that can cast 2+ powers per overall turn, cast the same power. For example, I want warp time for my assault phase and to cast it again on my enemy's turn so I get it on his assault phase
4) Are you able to cast the same power with Ahriman multiple times? For example: Doombolt 3x or Bolt of Change 3x. Or are you restricted to firing different powers?
Last edited by inlukasha; September 10th, 2007 at 16:52. Reason: added #4
1. It refers to a single turn. i.e. player 1's turn and ALSO player 2's turn
2. I think you've confused 'seven' with 'several'
3. some powers, like warp time and force weapons may indeed be used in the opponent's turn.
LO RulesOriginally Posted by AnonymousOriginally Posted by Cyric
Ummm... maybe you just worded it odd, but you haven't quite answered my question to #3.
I know warptime can be used in an opponent's turn. The issues lies within whether I can cast warptime on my turn and his within... say turn 2 ( as an example ). The reason is warptime ends at the end of whatever player's turn it was cast. So if I cast it at the beginning of my turn it runs out after the assualt phase on my turn. Yet, I'm wondering once my enemy's turn starts if I can cast it again so when he continues the battle in his assualt phase I reroll C.C hits and wounds.
*EDIT* Ah... I see... I read through that psychic power part again, Karmoon was wrong. Turn accounts for player turns not overall turns such as turn 1. You can't really cast anything other than warptime since everything else says beginning of the model's turn or model's shooting phase.
Thanks for helping me find that Rabbit.
Now if only we could clear up the confusion with force weapons and warptime. My that would be sweet to reroll hits and wounds per player turn and basically instant kill per player turn.
Last edited by inlukasha; September 10th, 2007 at 16:55.
Nono, Papa Karmoon was right ^_^
Nonetheless, yep, if you decide to use Warptime and Force Weapon ability in your phase, and also Warptime at the beginning of the opponents phase, and Force Weapon again in the opponents Assault phase, then...
yeah, that means you are always getting Force re-rolls death jabbing pointy sharp stick every phase of every turn!!! and still only using 2 of his 3 allowed casts per Players Phase (if you manage to forever pass those psychic tests, and stay in HTH with multiple wounded models, and wound with the Sorcerors meager strength )
#4- re read the entry and I'm sure you'll come to the conclusion he can use ANY powers he likes, up to and including 3x Doombolt /3x Changebolt /3x Winds in the same shooting phase. Just remember each time he wishes to use a power, he needs a Psychic test, and must also continue to shoot the same target. :party:
Last edited by jONESIE; September 10th, 2007 at 17:47.
LO RULESOriginally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad