To Daemonette or not Daemonette - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Daemonette or not Daemonette

I was sitting painting my few Chaos Marines and I fell back on an old idea that I had toyed around with back when I was getting into WH Fantasy.

I had initially painted up some Chaos Knights and had based them on a snow base. While I was painting up my new Chaos guys, I decided to base my new minis with the snow theme.
    As is common with my mind, this led me to think of an article I saw in which WH Fantasy Dryads were painted up for each season. (Spring, Summer, etc etc) Now.. this led my mind down the path which ended with this post. Here are some different pics of different paint schemes for Dryads.
    LINKY

Currently, I am working on a Slaneesh army and I want to add a unit of daemons. Daemonettes are of course the Slaneesh ones.
    LINKY

There is also a neat special character... Branchwraith Drycha
    LINKY

The question I pose is simply this.... What do you (the readers) think of using Dryad models instead of Daemonettes? Would you think that this would spoil the feel for the army? I intended on writing the fluff for my army that they come from a barron, snow-swept world in the Eye of Terror, where the few people that live there live in large "pleasure domes". The daemonettes would be creatures from around there homes.

There is also the issue of economics.

Daemonettes = 8 models = $40.00
    Dryads = 12 models = $35.00

"The pleasure of satisfying a savage instinct, undomesticated by the ego, is incomparably much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct. The reason is becoming the enemy that prevents us from a lot of possibilities of pleasure" S. Freud

"Sin is in... Let us begin!"
    D. Leary

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Chief.... that sounds Awesome!:party:

Dryads are a good choice, just clip off some of the longer branches etc, they'll look more like natives to a daemonworld rather than just passing from Warpspace into Realspace to attack... something.

I know some people have already some something similar with the Dryad models... it's a good idea, champ, and I like the story you're developing.

Go with it! ;Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

They certainly look the part. I actually like them better for daemonettes., especially the branchwraith. You may have to tone down some of the peripheral branches a little. What's the size of the Dyrad model?

Just to let you know, until the 40K daemon codex comes out in about a year, chaos only has access to the generic lesser daemons- no more daemonettes, bloodletters, etc.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    They certainly look the part. I actually like them better for daemonettes., especially the branchwraith. You may have to tone down some of the peripheral branches a little. What's the size of the Dyrad model?
    Cool, glad to see that my idea appeals to others. I read the write-up for the dryads and they een sound like daemons.

"Dryads are spiteful and deadly creatures with hearts akin to shards of ice. In the soul of a Dryad there is neither room nor regard for compassion or mercy, merely an uncompromising dedication..." Very Chaos-sounding to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Just to let you know, until the 40K daemon codex comes out in about a year, chaos only has access to the generic lesser daemons- no more daemonettes, bloodletters, etc.
    That really sucks! I guess we'll have to buy a second codex if we want a daemonic army.
    "The pleasure of satisfying a savage instinct, undomesticated by the ego, is incomparably much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct. The reason is becoming the enemy that prevents us from a lot of possibilities of pleasure" S. Freud

"Sin is in... Let us begin!"
    D. Leary

+ Reply to Thread