Chaos Army Deal, Good or Bad? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Army Deal, Good or Bad?

O.k, this is one questoin.

Is the Chaos Army Deal worth it, or is it a hell to play with?

The Only Pyscho Doll
    ChachaZero
    Black Legion
    W-L-D
    1-0-0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that the battle force is an ok deal, but the army deal is much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Well, the Army deal is ok to start with. It gives you 15 marines, a small squad possessed, termies and a somewhat decent HQ. Oh.. and don't forget the spawns.

The only thing bothering me is the defiler. It's not like the best thing in the world and for the value of a defiler they could've put something better in I guess. I'd be more happy with a rhino or predator (or even a Land raider; which retails for the same amount of money).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

You forgot about the 'zerkers! And you get the codex which is really nice.

You will find that most people wont use terminator sorcerors, because it limits mobility of the Lash build. But that doesnt change that its a fine sprue which can be used for conversion and/or a sixth terminator.

The defiler is good in its own right, but to be best usually a second one is needed. Most people will tell you they operate effectivly in pairs. Not to mention their psychological power in a game. So its a great price deal for the first one in a collection.

The possessed are... well... they aren't what they should have been in fourth edition. This doesnt change that it may be my favorite sprue in the box. Gnarly looking shoulder pads, some great arms, a few extra heads is never bad.

The terminator sprues are perfect. Enough to make five in just about anyway.

The spawn serve two purposes. Conversion goodies, or even useful if you are going to use a sorcerer with the change spell. Nothing wrong with changing that annoying chaplain into a crazed spawn. But taking a spawn in an army list isnt that great except for fantasy.

You can make 8 berzerkers. These can be used as marines if you clip the bunny ears, or as raptors if you are feeling creative.

Cannot go wrong with 15 marines with 2 champion sprues. Perfect.

The biggest con is that Chaos does need rhinos in 4th. You will need to get a few, prolly 2 to start. Which for 15 bucks a pop at thewarstore.com is not to shabby.

All in all, you are going to save a ton of money in the long run, and this paired with the battalion box (especially if you are a khorne player) is a great start up 1850ish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Buy the army deal.. sell sprues you don't need on Ebay.

Problem solved
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

The things that you get in the army deal are good for the price your paying, and I think its a good place to start an army, but I also think that if you want to make a list out of it you need to buy other troops and vehicles as well. That is unless you like a challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't bought one because it's got those STUPID khorne bezerkers in. I have far too many of those models already, I can't cope with any more. If it had been more marines (and it really should have been, to keep the selection unmarked) then I would own one already, i'm fairly sure. Bezerkers put me off, i couldn't justify the not-that-great saving when what i was getting for free, i didn't want anyway.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    I haven't bought one because it's got those STUPID khorne bezerkers in. I have far too many of those models already, I can't cope with any more. If it had been more marines (and it really should have been, to keep the selection unmarked) then I would own one already, i'm fairly sure. Bezerkers put me off, i couldn't justify the not-that-great saving when what i was getting for free, i didn't want anyway.
    Stupid?! The very good now, they are great heavy infantry on top of that their resilient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Well if you don't want them, you're quite welcome to give them to me - I'm in the market for Khorne Berzerker heads, to be used in conversions. This applies to anyone - bring out your Khorne Berzerker heads! I'm willing to trade for them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

i just got one the other day and i love it. i wanted to support my local store since its the only place i can game unless i want to drave 70 miles to another store. the new models are awsome but not a huge fan of the defiler. would much rather it be a rino or other vehicle. im going to be using everything in there and there is a lot of extra bits! i really wish that they would add in a special edition model like they use to i really miss thoes things, they looked so cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast