changing for the new codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Gilbert, South Carolina
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

changing for the new codex

I played Word Bearers under the previous codex. I liked the unit options (I wouldn't leave home without a Dark Apostle with his Accursed Crozius) and I liked creating an army to fit with the background. It was also easier to create an army list when they told you what was usually emphasized by different legions. This is my 1500 point list. There would be some variations, but I would stick to some basic units no matter what.

Chaos Lord - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Bolt Pistol, Accursed Crozius, Demagogue Ability, Daemon Armour, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Strength
    181 Points
    Chosen Retinue - Terminator Champion - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Combi-Melta, Power Fist, Spiky Bits
    - Aspiring Champion - Sorceror, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Mass Mutation
    - 6 Chosen - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Bolt Pistol & CCW, Flamer, Meltagun, Daemon Icon
    295 Points

Chaos Marines - Aspiring Champion - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Combi-Bolter, Power Sword
    - 9 Marines - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Autocannon, Plasma Gun, Bolters, Chaos Icon
    196 Points

Chaos Marines - Aspiring Champion - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist
    - 9 Marines - Flamer, Meltagun, Bolt Pistol & CCW, Chaos Icon
    204 Points

10 Bloodletters
    260 Points

10 Daemonettes
    150 Points

Raptors - Aspiring Champion - Mark of Chaos Undivided, Lightning Claws, Daemonic Mutation
    - 4 Raptors - Plasma Gun
    213 Points

I would never field an army without those four troops choices. One Marine squad for close combat, one for fire support, 10 Daemonettes, and 10 Bloodletters. The role for the daemons was to kill everything they got close to. Now, I'm going to have to re-work my army to fit in. I honestly don't see the point in bringing demons to the table anymore. Especially not after the power reduction they recieved in the new codex. Sure, they are cheaper. But, I wasn't fielding them as holding units like they are now. I needed units that could win combats. I guess my big question is, what would you recommend to bring this army up to standard with the current rules. I'm actually considering changing the legion I'm working with to the Red Corsairs, because I like they're background, too.

What changes are you making with your usual lists for the new codex? How are you going to change your play style?

Discount sushi isn't just a bargain, it's an adventure

2. Remove Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Derbyshire, UK
    19 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

To be honest, the basic chaos marine is now crazy, it has 3 attacks on the charge a decent array of weapons and can take icons too.
    I would say that using troop chaos marines with dual specail weapons and a champion with a fist is a good idea. It allows you to keep mobile, while also allowing you to stop and give fire support if needed.
    Chosen would be a good choice to, they can fullfil many different roles very well.

Your chaos lord could now be a lord with mark of tzeentch and a daemon weapon to represent the effects of the crosias. 4+ inv save and extra attacks.

+ Reply to Thread