chaos bikers or chaos raptors? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: BIKERS OR RAPTORS

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • BIKERS

14 29.79%
  • RAPTORS

33 70.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

chaos bikers or chaos raptors?

i don't know what everyones thoughts on this but what do you prefer, and what do you see more viable?

i personally like the bikers as they can turbo boost and get up in their face right away. i also think that the raptor model was done very poorly and looks retarted. but that's my own opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Well, bikes are good for speed and Raptors are good for CC. Considering how we now have 'ubergrit' and cheaper Rhinos, I think the speediness of bikes is more valuable than jump-packed assault troops that actually aren't much different from a regular CSM. The difficulty of getting Heavy weapons into troop slots is another good argument for high-speed melta guns. I field one bike squad and two Raptor squads, and I get better performance out of bikes almost every time.

If you don't like the standard Raptor model (I don't either), you can easily convert your own by buying the jump pack sprue and putting them on standard CSMs. They're cheaper and plastic that way, too. I went the extra mile with Lizardman heads and greenstuffed tails, but you could put your mutations sprues to work here instead. Or Ork stormboyz rockets via mail-order...endless possibilities.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I like raptors better because of I'm just a fan of jump packs, but I don't use the raptor models. Just prefer to convert assault marines. Bikes are better made in the new codex especially because of the ubergrit that we have, but I just don't like the look of bikes imo.personally I don't use either!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

I don't mind the raptor models, but my fluff dictates the use of recently converted space marines, which is more conducive for using loyalist jump packs. Plus, there's always the fact that space marine players give me crap for it .

With the greatly reduced cost of raptors, they've become far more appealing. Other than the reasons stated by Intrepid, raptors are generally a better buy for your buck. However, raptors now function more like speedy troop choices, rather than the surgical strike units of 3rd edition. Overall, I just can't justify spending 33 points per model for bikes, when raptors are cheaper than our cult troops and even cheaper than the typical 10 man marine squad hitched to a rhino.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer Raptors, just because of the cost. You get more bodies in your list; i sure think that turbo boosting and extra toughness is really good, but not quite worth it.

And... i get to convert my useless Berzerkers into Raptors with Icon, i'm waiting for my jump pack sprues from GW atm. They'll fit as good support for my Lasher Prince.
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Raptors all the way, i just like the way they swoop[ down upon the heads of unsuspecting enemy!

Btw KHORNE RAPTORS!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHH!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

I'm going to that inevitable one that says that we're trying to compare apples to oranges. Really, when you think about it, Raptors and Bikers have two different roles in most Chaos Space Marine lists.

Raptors are your usual highly mobile assault unit, useful either for making their way across the battlefield and engaging the enemy or waiting around for foes to arrive and then counter charging, beating them senseless.

Bikers are on the other hand seem to be more useful for getting in your enemy's face as quickly as possible, and causing all kinds of mayhem be it summoning Daemons or Greater Daemons (yes, I realize that they enter the game by Possessing a host), ensuring that Terminators and Obliterators don't scatter when they arrive, and meltagunning those annoying tanks, Dreadnoughts/Wraithlords or Monstrous Creatures.

Maybe I'm a bit biased due to my Blood Angel history, but I can't say that I'd ever see Raptors filling in for Bikers, or vice versa. They're just too different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    I'm going to that inevitable one that says that we're trying to compare apples to oranges. Really, when you think about it, Raptors and Bikers have two different roles in most Chaos Space Marine lists.

Raptors are your usual highly mobile assault unit, useful either for making their way across the battlefield and engaging the enemy or waiting around for foes to arrive and then counter charging, beating them senseless.

Bikers are on the other hand seem to be more useful for getting in your enemy's face as quickly as possible, and causing all kinds of mayhem be it summoning Daemons or Greater Daemons (yes, I realize that they enter the game by Possessing a host), ensuring that Terminators and Obliterators don't scatter when they arrive, and meltagunning those annoying tanks, Dreadnoughts/Wraithlords or Monstrous Creatures.

Maybe I'm a bit biased due to my Blood Angel history, but I can't say that I'd ever see Raptors filling in for Bikers, or vice versa. They're just too different.
    QFT

Katie is right on the money here IMO. 8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

In the new codex, Raptors are much easier to use.

Bikers.. remain a bit of an elusive skill. You need to know when to expand or contract.. or you'll lose a bucket load of points and people will say you smell.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    QFT

Katie is right on the money here IMO. 8Y
    Boom! Headshot..?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast