Librarium Online Forums banner

Cool Bits Vs Bad Troops?

305 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MeatyG 
#1 ·
I am new to the game but am an avid modeler. I try to model according to what looks cool and what is effective according to the rules. That is why I have tons of models that seems will never hit the battle field.

Two edged post…

#1. Ok this is both a hobby (especially Chaos) involving cool models and the competition to win at a game. I just wanted to bring up the topic of how everyone uses the cool models and bits available to construct effective competitive models. For instance I took Possessed models and gave them Plasma guns to represent Chosen. I also used them to represent LC wielding chosen. With the old CSM box I added mutations to my CSMs to represent CC weapons. Not sure what to do with the new Spawn yet. What have you done?

#2. Why is it that the best models available to a Chaos player are rather useless as a legitimate choice? Possessed…Spawn…I am not a seasoned player, but why would GW market a cool looking model for the purpose of bits? I also realize that this board is dominated by opinionated strategic “Gurus” (said with the utmost respect) . Maybe this should be two different posts, but I would like to hear someone on this board give legitimacy to the actual use of these awesome models as a troop choice. When I first bought the new Possessed and Spawns (after I was going to purchase them) I was told by a Veteran Chaos player that these were awesome choices. I have read on other forums about how great they are. Why does this forum say they suck and won’t use them. GW play tests these rules right? They want to sell these models for what they are, not for bits right?

See less See more
#2 ·
Putting ASM jump packs on khorne beserkers for raptors look pretty good and adding possessed bits on to CSM for chosen. Thinking about dong a DP conversion which'll be interesting...

I wouldn't use spawns due to the points, being more than a termie with a combi plasma and an icon (points divided up to each model-wise). That in consideration, no AS, no power weapon attacks, sporadic movement.
That said it does have 3 wounds, but unit with similar points cost, for example, 3-4 XV25s, could take them dow with no trouble.

Maybe if they had some possessed style skills and an invulnerable save for the same points, then they'd be worth it. But as it is, they're just for bits :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.