Chaos Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Codex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Codex

Hello everybody, as you may have guessed, I'm here to talk to you about the new Codex: Chaos Space Marines. First, let me just say what we're all thinking anyway: It sucks. Don't let rational arguments fool you - anyone who doesn't think it sucks is a fanboy who clearly has no idea what he's talking about. And we don't like fanboys, do we?

The Codex sucks. That is a fact. It is a fact because I said so. I've been playing Chaos for over 40 years, so I know what I'm talking about. I've never felt so shafted. Can you imagine there are changes in this Codex? Nothing has ever changed before. I'm a veteran and I can tell you that no previous Codex, not even the get-you-by list in 3rd edition, forced me to change the way I play my army. This one does.

First off, it's just Loyalists with spikes. I can't see any reason why Chaos Space Marines should look or function anything like loyalist Space Marines. Anyone who's ever read any fluff on the subject knows that the two are completely seperate species that have evolved on opposite sides of the galaxy and hadn't even met before the 13th Black Crusade. They should have nothing in common!

For some reason, the Codex focuses on Renegade Chapters. There must be near two dozen new names and colour schemes in the book, and this is bad. GW should have known that what we really need is another rehash of the Traitor Legions that have always been the focus of Chaos and everybody knows everything about already. I'm appalled and outraged that there is something new in the Codex, that the universe of our favorite game was expanded upon, when a copypasta of the Legion fluff would have been just fine. What were they thinking?

Ah, the Legions. Sadly, they don't exist anymore. There is no way to make a Legion army, because they have no special rules. And you can't have an army with no special rules, can you? That would be just make-believe, and we're here for the cold, hard facts.
    >>
    And did I mention that the Codex doesn't feel chaotic at all? Everything is just so organized and predictable. Completely uninteresting.

Now the units. First of all, why would anyone ever take Chaos Spawn, Dreadnoughts, or Possessed? They are just too random and unpredictable. What were they thinking?

Let's not mention the severe lack of upgrades. Like everybody else, I always took Mutation and Strength, and now they're gone. This reduces variety. If there is no single best combination of options, all armies will look the same!

What can we do? I for one will post this message on every thread that even remotely mentions anything about Chaos, new or old. I will rabidly defend my facts and call anyone who disagrees with me a fanboy. Then I'll take my old 3.5ed Codex and go play my real Iron Warriors (you can tell by the 4th Heavy Support) against my friend's 3rd ed. Starcannon Army of Doom. Fair is fair, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

*flames pooka until she is nothing but a crispy critter*

Well, I don't know what to say besides that I disagree pooka. On the surface the new dex seems to have destroyed everything that chaos used to stand for... the chapters are gone, etc... But once you take the time to really give it a good look you should realize that you can let your imagination run wild. Iron warriors armies are not dead, sure you can't take 9 oblits and 4 heavies any more but that was broken to begin with. what you can do now is take Iron warriors with force shield generators and experimental bolters ( 1k sons ) or IW who are larely cybernetic thus being harder to kill ( plague marines).

The new dex is all about taking what they give you and making it your own.

On a side note, I do agree about the posessed, spawn, and dreads but other than those entries, I feel that we are stronger than we used to be.

EDIT: *finally realizes that Pooka's post is supposed to be sarcastic*... yeah, I kinda skipped the second half. Maybe I should have read the whole thing before posting lol...
    Last edited by Ironangel256; November 1st, 2007 at 14:10.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dam it iron angel stop premptively posting

nice post pooka:happy: but did you come up with?:C
    if not where did you find it?

its great anyway and should be read by everone on this forum:party2:

on a side note
    i want my starcannons back

Sams Minds View.
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eldratch the fallen View Post
    dam it iron angel stop premptively posting

nice post pooka:happy: but did you come up with?:C
    if not where did you find it?

its great anyway and should be read by everone on this forum:party2:

on a side note
    i want my starcannons back

Sams Minds View.
    nah i found it on 4 chan's /tg/ forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Well I'm a fan boy it seems but I must say that the humorous tone of this article got me.
    Been playing for 40 years? Lol I played first edition when I was 16 and that's not 40 years ago.

It's funny though. :happy: nice one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Well keep in mind we are Chaos players, maybe when he was traveling in the Eye of Terror there was some sort of time lag...
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Ah. It's a joke. Now I feel like an immense idiot.

...how do I delete posts?
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Been playing for 40 years? Lol I played first edition when I was 16 and that's not 40 years ago.
    Stop lying about your age, Grandpa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    Ah. It's a joke. Now I feel like an immense idiot.

...how do I delete posts?
    i think its one of those things where you read 3 sentances in and go "WHAT! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A FAN BOY!" and then go on some angry rant...... i know i almost did.... until i read the last part.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

How is this even remotely constructive, joke or not?
    There's already a thread about "how we feel" and "discussing the new dex"
    And, Kossy,kosserriffic, kossamundo.. you should know better by now then to contribute to stuff like this.

I predict 'moonie will come and bring the thunder down on this thread soon.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast