Apocalypse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apocalypse

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Apocalypse

Who's tried doing an APOCALYPSE battle yet? Following weekend I am doing a combine 24,000 point game with three other players, can't wait. I'll throw on my list this Thursday when I've made it. Lets hear some stories, some tips!:drinking:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft005 View Post
    Who's tried doing an APOCALYPSE battle yet? Following weekend I am doing a combine 24,000 point game with three other players, can't wait. I'll throw on my list this Thursday when I've made it. Lets hear some stories, some tips!:drinking:
    Well the only apocalypse game i played was before apocalypse(10,000pts roughly on both sides, but no points limit so it wasn't exact like a 1 thosand point difference on each side.)

any way tips. don't foot slog. all my sloggers died, cept like 20 out of the 180 guys. tanks rule the day so gets lots of them. there will be lots of ordinance too so expect stuff to get nuked. and most of all just have fun and dont take it too seriously.

anyway it was a lot of fun. I fielded 12 dreads(before the new chaos codex craped on them) and they kicked arse. one even killed a titan in Close Combat LOL.;?

it was like world war 1 almost, with all the little guys running into no mans land just to get nuked. but the real winners were all those demon princes i fielded and chaos lords who took a big bite of his army.

there was one other battle i played where this guy was all like "look at me i have death wing" and droped them on me but then i charged his precious terie squad w/ 3 daemon princes and watched those heads fly. but then he droped two monoliths in the middle of my army. I shot everything at them and they just wouldn't die. i even accedentally fraged my own guys 3 times in a row with battle cannons trying to take them down..(khorne cares not whos blood flows as long as it FLOWS!)

i eventaully killed the monoliths with a humble power fist aspiring champion..:happy:
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    (khorne cares not whos blood flows as long as it FLOWS!)
    +10 Chaos Favor points for being a true Traitor General 8X Mucho funny.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft005 View Post
    Just remember, we have access to imperial data sheets.

And nothing supports an advancing daemon prince better than 6 vindicaire assassins.

ooh yeah.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I just finished two today. Yeah, thats right, TWO. I tied the first one, and lost the second on the fact we ended it on turn two...had to leave and blah blah closing down..grumble grumble. I only had my normal 2k list, so I ended up not doing so hot, but next week, I'm bringing EVERYTHING. That'll be around 10,000 points, and that should be fun.

-J

I'm back.

Senior Member eldratch the fallen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good

my top tips:C

everthing must have transport.
    -->if it doesnt have transport than it needs bike/wings
    ---->if it doesnt have the above then it needs deepstrike:happy:

you need lots of tanks
    -->and lots of antitank weapons
    ---->assaulting superheavies with something like termnators all but assures the death of the terminators

make sure you have your target priorites right
    --> if he has 4 vindicators <24" away dont shoot the land raider x" away0:

superheaivies will do lots of damage
    -->they will do more damage if the explode in your deployment zone/line:party:

beware of special abilities
    --> be aware of special rules for groups of units(eg. 3 vindicators have special rules, 2 monoliphs have special rules.)

utilise everything you have
    -->if you have a superheavie move it as far as posible as quickly as possible
    ---->so what if i only have 1 unit of zerkers? ive still got 3 plasma pistols to destroy your vehicles and a charge that will kill any inantry unit in the game:party2:
    (What do mean you dont think my plasma can take down your vindicator?)

have fun!!:drinking:

my 86 cents...

elratch.
    I love Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

My local store did a 2.5k tournament. I lost the first to Necrons, won the second against Ultramarines and was too tired to do the third battle. Really, it's not much different from normal games except for superheavies and no FOC. On the other hand, all the Guard players are coming out of the closet!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have played an Apoc every week for the past 4 weeks at my gaming club and my Brass Scorpions are the bomb... run forward, shoot 2 targets then assult 1 if you want to and then next turn keep moving and shooting (super heavies cannot be kept in combat..) Plus if lose all my structure points i get +2 to the blow up table so more chance to kill more things.

Games Every Friday Night at Caboolture Showgrounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    On the other hand, all the Guard players are coming out of the closet!
    so that explains why there was a fabulously dressed commissar riding a pink hellhammer screaming, "were here, were queer cadians, and were proud... GET USED TO IT!"

those brass scorpions sound cool. i got two defilers that could pass off as scorpions, i think i will try using them as such.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I must disagree with the 'All tank theory' in Apocalypse game. Me and friends play regular 12,000pts Apocalypse every Saturday, and one of them who plays SM always takes minimum of 3 units of tank-hunter devastator squads. These guy really puts a hurting on your super heavy or small vehicles if they get the first turn.

Flank March/Ambush are a fairly good strategic asset to have; Vortex Grenade is just plain sick on taking out super heavies; The Distruptor Beacon is a really nice tool when you put it near the center of the table with one side touching an area terrain and protect all other sides with tanks; Long Range Ack-Ack is almost a gauranteed kill on a single flyer -- even Thunderhawk is no exception.. although a little harder; Orbital Bombardment/Scheduled Bombardment are best used to protect/assault one objective; Precision Strike is a very nice weapon against one single super heavy.. especially when you want to get rid of a titan fast without Vortex Grenade. Move every anti-vehicle weapon in range to it, pop Precision Strike, use the autocannon to get rid of the Void Shields.. then watch the Titan go popcorn; Surgical Raid IMO is not very useful, it's best to have when you use the Eversor Assassination Force and get it for free; Vital Objective is almost a must-have, it has won me too many games to count; Jammer is almost useless when your opponents have been playing ally for a year :sigh:; and this last Asset that I almost always have -- Careful Planning, it allows my Warp Rift to open on the first turn, allowing my greater daemons to pop some tanks before my opponent even gets to play.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

+ Reply to Thread