Hellhound Titan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellhound Titan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Hellhound Titan

I'm thinking of doing something really crazy in the name of our hobby - buying a Forge World Hellhound Titan. I kow that theres maybe a GW Titan coming out, but that will not look closely as cool as the dedicated Chaos Titan, and I strongly believe that GW isnt going to make two different anyway.
    So here's my questions:

1. In a game of Apocalypse, how powerfull is it? Will it make its points back, or are my opponents Baneblades just too powerfull and shoot it to pieces? Does it need strong support?
    Feel free to argue on this question, as I believe not everyones got any real experience with them.

2. How much of a hell is it to build? I know it's resing, and resin is always tricky, but is it a nightmare of unnamed horror?

3. Would anyone of you play against it?

"The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll completely forgo points 1 and 2 for this (not played a game in quite a while, and never had the incentive to buy FW stuff).

But on point 3, I'd play against anything, given prior warning, and a chance to modify my army a little to counter it.
    Imagine playing 'Nids, and suddenly facing that thing, naturally, some warning so some extra Fex's or Zoanthropes could be mustered to stand a chance of fighting a titan off would be nice.

Overall, however, I'd say if you like the model, then that should be your primary reason to buy one.
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I love the model, and I doubt anyone can have a disliking of such a masterpiece. But I also want to be able to field it. Having a cool model isnt a reason in itself to buy a $700 monstrosity.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a chance to purchase mine for a great deal on E-bay. I know putting one together is a huge pain so that is something you should think about before you purchase one from FW. I had the chance to play it in a couple of games before Apocalypse and it was pretty much complete failure. The new rules make it cheaper to bring to the table and 4 times as strong. If you find yourself in a place where you'll play a lot of Apoc games then it is a great purchase. I know I love mine. I only wish I could buy a Turbo Laser and Inferno arm for it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

In what ways is it more powerfull in Apocalypse than with the Forge World rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I "finished" my chaos warhound titan about 2 weeks ago. It is a truly gorgeous model and worth building for aethetics alone. Building the titan was a bit tedious (the leg pistons are a pain) but not horrible and not overly challenging. Painting it can be a lifetime endeavour as the detail is astonishing. I could spend another 100 hours just hitting the cogs and sprockets and such on the frame.

If someone takes an army with alot of long range high strength firepower (ie lascannons) the titan may not last long. If you consider that you will have a couple turns where your opponent thinks of NOTHING but that monster bearing down on him then you realize it's real value. He can't afford to ignore it- the vulcan mega-bolter (in apocalypse) will wipe out an entire 8-10 man squad of marines per turn on average, and the plasma blastgun hits hard also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to post again (with my quite probably considerable lack of knowledge), but...

In what ways is it more powerfull in Apocalypse than with the Forge World rules?
    I think I read in a white dwarf that titan killer weapons under the apocalypse rules can insta-kill non-titans. Or something (I was on GW hiatus for the whole "Apo" thing, so I'm not really sure). Making even the mightiest of HQ's/heavy support multi-wound critters a simple one-shot matter.

Sorry if I'm wrong. But I thought it might help a little! Perhaps.

Mods, feel free to delete this if it breaks any copyright rules, I don't really want to cause any trouble.
    Last edited by Malignant_one; November 10th, 2007 at 01:51.
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite interested in a Titan myself, the question is how to decide what armament i want. So, what is your favourite?
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

+ Reply to Thread