Did they forget? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they forget?

I've recently been very ill and unable to do much I thought I'd revisit my old World Eaters army... then I found out Chaos had a new Codex... wet with excitement I went through it... and realize the cults are far gone. No longer do I have the amazing army that plays itself! (chuckles). Basically, the 40k bug had bitten again.

But anyway, to my main point...

The Defiler's battle cannon.... is it still possible to indirectly fire?
    I.e, hide behind a building/hill/what have you, and barrage the living daylights out of everything marching towards you?

I personally don't like the idea of leaving my precious defiler's average armor venerable to the krak missile, lascannon and rail gun filled world out there....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello there. This question is addressed in the new codex. However, being your first post, I'll go ahead and throw you a bone 8Y . Indirect fire is no longer an option on the defiler.

Welcome to L.O.. May all your children get fat and marry rich :C:C:C
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Does that mean that it cant fire over buildings and stuff anymore?
    Cos it says in the rule book i have that its an ordanance shot, which means he doesnt need a line of sight. but i guess ive been wrong.

Lvl9 Lavatory, Imperial Palace, Holy Terra, Segmentum Solar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately not ...
    No more wussy indirect fire, hiding behind terrain and that crap.

But you do get quite a few cool extra stuff like Fleet and the options for more dreadnought close combat arms (up to 6 S10 powers attacks at I3), plus you keep daemonic possession.

So you can have this ordnance popper in the first few turns, thats turns into a charging close combat monster. :ballon:
    "I AM THE EMPEROR'S VIGILANCE AND THE EYE OF TERRA"
    ~~ ! HAH ! ~~

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    Does that mean that it cant fire over buildings and stuff anymore?
    Cos it says in the rule book i have that its an ordanance shot, which means he doesnt need a line of sight. but i guess ive been wrong.
    Having ordnance in your weapon profile doesn't mean you ignore LOS. You need to be a barrage weapon (or guess range weapon as they used to be called).

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad_SS View Post

But you do get quite a few cool extra stuff like Fleet and the options for more dreadnought close combat arms (up to 6 S10 powers attacks at I3), plus you keep daemonic possession.

So you can have this ordnance popper in the first few turns, thats turns into a charging close combat monster. :ballon:
    I always love that about my defilers now, spend the first few turns not moving or moving to get line of sight as the enemy advances, and then charge forward the moment that battle cannon gets blown off. (I only ever field my defilers with two extra arms; nothing like a mobile battlecannon with tons of S10 attacks on the charge...:C)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was dreading that I'd have to reveal my crab monster, but using it as a close combat monster sounds somewhat appealing... I guess I didn't really see it capable because of 3rd ed... Couldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat.... useless.

Gotta love having to change strategies because of new rules... *cough* *Dawn of War Expansions* *cough*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I think the dawn of war expansions have been good things I hate the tech tree in winter assault.
    Everytime i bring my defiler out to charge into close combat, he gets killed even vs simple krak nades, terribly unlucky

+ Reply to Thread