daemon prince/sorcerer of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

daemon prince/sorcerer of Slaanesh

Hey Guys,

so, im hearing and seeing loads of talk about Lash of Submission, so muhc so that i feel i would like to see some of the action!

This thread is really about the representation of the model on the table:

GW seem to sell a nurgle daemon prince http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...2094&orignav=9

and a 'regular' daemon prince
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...2080&orignav=9

however i have not seen one availiable for the other marks of chaos. im not a massive fan of the 'regular' model to be brutally honest, so could people post to coment on (and maybe post pics of) the models they use for thier Slaanesh Daemon Princes?

As for the Sorcerer of Slaanesh
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060102013&orignav=
    that seems to be the main choice of GW models for the character, they seem very generic so could probably be ainted to suit whatever mark he was folowing, but again, anyone got some comments or pic of how they represent thier Sorcerer of Slaanesh?

i am very open to conversion, (im expecting to see the coment "use the possesed sprues" mentioned here )

please post your thoughts arround when you have a moment, i would be very greatful!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Well I don't use the lash, but if I was going to I'd just use my regular Daemon Prince with wings, mainly because the lash is a pyscic power.

But if you really wanted to convert something big then using wire with green stuff around it would work well I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I use the regular Daemon Prince, then I slightly reposition the left arm (with the little wrist cannon-thingy) so it doesnt look so dull. I am also thinking of replacing the sword with something else more slaaneshy.. maybe a whip.

I swapped the head with a fantasy Beastman of Chaos flag-head.
    http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefr...005&orignav=13
    The head piece (with horns) on the top right corner of the sprue piece.

I personally like that head very much, it has a feminine feel to it which fits to the slaanesh very well.

OR

I've seen people use Inquisitor range model, slightly convert it by swapping body/leg/arm with the female Deathcult Assassin to make a Slaanesh Daemon Prince.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Here are a few images of Slaaneshi princes, sorcerers and/or models could be used as such. They're not my work, but hopefully they'll help you out a bit. 8Y

This last one is Lucius the Eternal (obviously), but he makes for a pretty good lash sorcerer.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

is it possible to give 17000 rep to one person?

thanks to all for the posts so far, but the legend that is Rabbit, two thumbs up!! nice 1 mate!

im going to sit down later and take in those pictures and ill fire some more questons back about some of the bits used! briliant work guys!

if anyone else has comments on the subject then you are very welcome to post too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Doesn't have to be anything complicated to look good.

Right now I am working on a Sorcerer that uses Lucius' arms (the whip & sword), the wings from the new possessed kit and the basic CSM torso with the chainmail "skirt", legs and yet to be decided head.

For a lash wielding DP, I am probably going to use the Belakor model from Fantasy, which I bought long ago and never used. With a massive amount of green stuff and some heavy conversion, I am going to try to turn his sword into a huge whip / cat o' nine tails thing. Don't have an army set up that uses him yet, but it'll be nice to have it around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

Soul Reap: i havnt done any GS work before but i like your idea and would certinly be a simple way of customising a model!

nekochen: cheers for your ideas, the head is one of the bits of the daemon prince model i dont really like so replacing it is a nice idea! is the head a seperate piece in the kit? or would it need removing?

im fairly new to the game and i dont really know too much about the inquisitor range of models, however i did a bit of searching and they seem to be basically female type infantry? do you have any pics of somthing similar to what you are thinking with these models? im intreagued!

Rabbit: so many pics where to start

- 1st model, as i previousy mentioned i really dont like the daemon prince model, however seeing it painted in slaanesh-like colours has opened my eyes a little! i mentioned before about swapping the head, the other real dislike i have is the backpack arm things, i like the tactical idea of wings alot, but also the modeled representation of wings, anyone know if wings would work on this model? anyone tried it?

- 2nd model, ace model, somone really put alot of time into it, but its really not my style.

- 3rd model, is this maybe part of the inquisitor range mentioned by soul reap before? i REALLY like the wings on this model, anyone know where they are from?

- 4h model, i like the colours and the sparks on the hand of this one, however im guessing this is a terminator wearing sorcerer and these arnt that great for the points(or so ive read?) im loving the hand thing tho with the sparks (im guessing this could be a representation of the lash) any ideas how this might have been done? wire & GS?

- 5th model, i love the sash/banner that flows round the model and makes it hover, is this custom or part of another model? i quite like this model on the whole, very different!

- 6th model, ive never really been a fan of the 'look' of the thousend sons

- 7th model, i had actually seen this model and considered the idea die to his lash. however i decided against it as i quite like the character models as they are.

summery, plenty of ideas already floating arround its greatly appreciated! if anyone can answer some of my ramblings or maybe contribute some more ideas id be most greatful!

Edit: Gimmtu, sorry i was posting at same time as you. thanks for your reply! just checked out the Be lakor model and WOW! great model for 1! but also cheap?! £15! how big is it do you know? i guess its idealy suited to a Khorne daemon prince really, but im sure it has potential for the other marks?
    Last edited by Moonwatcher; November 11th, 2007 at 23:13.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

There are also some great models in the WHFB range.

Sorry, no pictures.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I'd post up my own Slaanesh DP if it were painted ;o

I got too caught up painting other stuff last week to prep for the HoH tournament yesterday, and then this coming week I am gonna have to paint up a model for the local painting competition. .. hopefully next week I'll have it up.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I had sort of a different take on my Lash Sorcerer. I actually used a techpriest engineseer model with a raptor backpack. The whole idea behind him is that he is a dark mechanicus that uses advanced jamming and vox technologies in order to tap into the opponents coms and relay false orders. I know it doesn't fit with Nids or Necrons very well but it is fluffy enough for the other races.

Here are some pics:

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast