Step by Step corruption - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Step by Step corruption

Hello Chaos bods.

Im currently putting the finishing touches to a small Eldar army and i would like to then build a slaaneshi chaos marine army as a counterpoint. Usually when i start a new army i rush out and buy loads of stuff and then get swamped by all the unpainted minis and sprues.

What I am proposing to do this time though is take things nice and slowly, and buy a squad or vehicle a month, paint it and base it fully before moving onto the next. Basically I am seeking a bit of an idea of good starting points- im getting the codex this week (ive mail ordered it) but am keen to get going.

I know i want some Obliterators and some Daemonettes as i like the minis, and nothing says Slaanesh to me like naked lobster ladies, and i suppose ill have to get at least a couple of 10 man chaos marine squads- but what else do people reccommend? Oh i should say I dont really care about building an uber-powerful army of doom, just a nice characterful force that is tactically flexible

Any help greatfully accepted

PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Well, personally, i love armour and raptors, so i have a converted rhino, a converted pred and a converted dreadnought. I haven't got any raptors yet, but i think raptors are very slaanesh.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Undersecretary of Decay Radioactivejack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what's VERY Slannesh? Noise Marines! If your gonna build a Slannesh army, personally I would start there. Seeing as Noise marines are fairly shooty, I might then go for some Havocs or Oblits for an Infantry type army or a pred for an armored army. Then a Demon Prince (w/lash, of course). From there I would get some chosen, then maybe some raptors and a sorcerer or maybe some termies, or it is always fun to convert a slannesh defiler! For sure, its a personal choice, but that's what I would do.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Jack pretty much hit it right on the head!

For slaanesh type armies noise marines are the way to go. Add in some oblits / havocs, raptors and a nice HQ type sorcerer or daemon prince and it's fun for the whole family.

I just wanted to mention, it may cost extra but you would be best off mail ordering the bits to give all of the noise marines sonic blasters with a blastmaster or two thrown in for good measure.

Nothing says Slaanesh like sonic weaponry!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

If you want to collect an army slowly over a few months, id pan through the codex pick which units are nice looking and you would like, then start of doing two troop choices and a HQ choice. Basic army there and you can start to play while you paint the rest.

Dan

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

Noise Marines! thats a great idea cheers guys! rep for you all!

I really like that idea, I can see a rock band theme starting, as my eldar are a bit folk-musicy in appearance it'll be like a battle of the bands!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

+ Reply to Thread